Review 3 levels of cover offered by Woolworths Travel Insurance and choose a policy for your budget.
No matter where you’re travelling in the world, good travel insurance is vital to protect you against the unexpected. Not only does travel insurance offer some security against the possibility of losing the money spent on your holiday, it can also help guarantee peace of mind and emergency medical assistance when you need it most. It’s an important expense for many trips, whether you're heading on a business trip interstate or heading off for an extended getaway overseas.
Compare travel insurance quotes from 20+ brands
Made a search before? Retrieve your search results
Type or Select your destination(s)
Woolworths, famous as one of Australia’s largest food retailers, now also offers a range of insurance products which includes travel insurance. Aiming to provide straightforward and affordable cover, Woolworths Travel Insurance offers a range of options that may suit a wide variety of travellers. Read on to find out more about what's on offer, or if you'd like to get a quote follow the secure links below to receive a quote for cover.
Policies available from Woolworths
- Comprehensive. This policy is designed to offer a high level of cover. Woolworths Comprehensive Travel Insurance provides unlimited cover for overseas medical and hospital expenses and overseas 24-hour emergency assistance, helping ensure that help is on hand when you need it most. It also covers a range of other features, including cancellation and amendment fees, your luggage and personal belongings, loss of travel documents and credit cards, theft of cash, travel delay expenses and plenty more. Children and dependents under the age of 21 are covered for free when travelling with an insured adult, while some benefits are available with increased limits. This cover can be taken out for either worldwide or domestic journeys.
- Basic. Woolworths Travel Insurance Basic Cover is a no-frills option that aims to provide essential cover at a more affordable price than comprehensive cover. It provides unlimited cover for overseas medical and hospital expenses and overseas 24-hour emergency assistance. In addition, cancellations and amendment fees, as well as your luggage and personal belongings, are all covered. Personal liability cover is included, while you can add on optional extras such as Wintersports Cover. Children and dependents under the age of 21 are covered for free when travelling with an insured adult.
- Saver. The saver policy is designed to cover you for the bare essentials of your trip while being one of the most affordable Woolworths travel insurance policies. This policy includes unlimited overseas medical and hospital expenses cover and limited cover for lost/stolen luggage and personal effects.
- Multi Trip. This type of cover is designed with frequent travellers in mind and is an annual policy. If you take more than a few journeys a year and are looking for travel insurance, this could potentially be a much more cost-effective option for you. Providing all the benefits of Woolworths Travel Insurance Comprehensive Cover, Multi Trip Travel Insurance covers multiple domestic and international trips each year—trips simply need to be no longer than 30 days. Features include overseas emergency medical assistance, overseas emergency medical and hospital expenses, and cover for cancellation fees and lost deposits. Children and dependents under the age of 21 are covered for free when travelling with an insured adult.
What am I covered for?
Within the terms of your policy, and the conditions that may apply to different cover types, you are covered for:
- Overseas emergency medical assistance. If you are injured or become sick while overseas, Woolworths Travel Insurance will provide assistance. This may also include the cost of your repatriation to Australia.
- Overseas emergency medical and hospital expenses. If you injure yourself or become sick while overseas, Woolworths Travel Insurance will reimburse your medical and hospital expenses until you return home.
- Cancellation fees and lost deposits. If your journey is cancelled or shortened by circumstances beyond your control, for example illness or job loss, your policy will pay your cancellation fees and lost deposits for travel and accommodation costs you have paid in advance and cannot recover.
- Additional expenses. Woolworths Travel Insurance policies will also cover any extra travel or accommodation expenses incurred while you are unable to travel due to sickness or injury, including the cost of a relative or travelling companion staying by your side until you can return home.
- Hospital cash allowance. You’ll receive a daily allowance for every day you are in hospital for more than 48 continuous hours overseas. There is no excess applicable to this section.
- Accidental death. If you die during your journey or as a result of an injury suffered during your journey, your policy will pay an accidental death benefit to your estate.
- Permanent disability. If you are injured during your trip and become permanently disabled, you’ll receive a benefit payment to help cover expenses.
- Loss of income. If you’re disabled during your journey and are then unable to return to work, you’ll receive a weekly payment for a period of up to 26 weeks to help cover your loss of income.
- Travel documents, credit cards and travellers cheques. If your travel documents, credit cards or travellers cheques are lost or stolen during your journey, you’ll be reimbursed for the cost of replacing them.
- Theft of cash. Woolworths Travel Insurance will pay for cash, bank notes, currency notes, postal orders or money orders stolen from your person.
- Luggage and personal effects. If your luggage or personal effects are lost, stolen or damaged on your journey, your policy will cover the cost of their repair or replacement.
- Luggage and personal effects delay expenses. If your luggage or personal effects are delayed or misplaced by a carrier for more than 12 hours, your policy will cover the cost of purchasing emergency essentials such as clothing and toiletries.
- Travel delay expenses. If circumstances beyond your control cause your journey to be delayed, your policy will cover the resulting additional meals and accommodation expenses.
- Special events. If cancellations or delays mean you won’t be able to make it to a special event, for example a business conference or a wedding, the cost of additional travel expenses you incur to arrive on time will be covered.
- Personal liability. This covers you if you are found to be legally liable and must pay compensation to a third party.
- Rental vehicle excess. This policy feature covers the rental company excess if your rental car is involved in an accident or otherwise stolen or damaged.
What won't I be covered for?
- No cover if you do not act in a responsible way or if you do not act to reduce your loss as much as reasonably possible.
- No cover if your claim is for a loss which is recoverable by compensation under any workers compensation or transport accident laws or by any government sponsored fund, plan, or medical benefit scheme.
- You are not covered if your claim arises from errors or omissions in your booking arrangements or from your failure to obtain relevant visa, passport or travel documents.
- No cover if you were acting illegally.
- No cover if you’re in control of a motor vehicle without a current Australian licence.
- There is no cover if your claim arises from riding a motorcycle, moped or scooter without a current Australian motorcycle licence, or if you’re a passenger on one of these vehicles operated by someone without a licence.
- If you ignore a government travel advisory or advice in the mass media and travel to a particular country, you will not be covered.
- You will not be covered under acts of war, or if your claim arises from a nuclear reaction or contamination from nuclear weapons or radioactivity.
- No cover if your claim arises from a pre-existing medical condition.
- No cover if you’re travelling against your doctor’s advice.
- There is no cover if your claim arises out of pregnancy, childbirth or related complications, except under certain conditions.
- No cover if your claims is related to depression, anxiety or mental illness.
- There is no cover for sexually transmitted diseases.
- You will not be covered if you engage in open water sailing, play polo, go mountaineering or rock climbing using ropes or climbing equipment (other than for hiking), go paragliding or participate in a range of other activities.
Who can apply for Woolworths Travel Insurance?
In order to be eligible to apply for a Woolworths Travel Insurance policy, you must meet the following criteria:
- You must be a resident of Australia
- You must purchase your policy before you commence your journey
- Your journey has to start and end in Australia
- You cannot be more than 79 years old at the time you purchase a Comprehensive or Basic policy, and you cannot be more than 75 years of age at the time your purchase an Annual Multi Trip policy