Suncorp travel insurance review
Imagine you are on a trip of a lifetime and you lose your personal belongings including cash and clothes. In today’s world such incidences are not uncommon and they put you in a tough situation where you are left alone to fend for yourself in a foreign land. Every year thousands of travellers are left to endure financial hardship on their domestic or overseas trip after suffering an unforeseen loss. Travel Insurance ensures that financial support is provided to account for these losses.
Suncorp is one of the largest general insurance groups in both Australia and New Zealand. Every year thousands of Australians face mishaps like death, illness and evacuation when they are abroad and Suncorp makes the best possible efforts to deal with these situations. It provides a range of affordable insurance covers so that you don’t have to think twice before travelling abroad.
Suncorp Company Profile
The Suncorp Group includes leading general insurance, banking, life insurance and superannuation brands in Australia and New Zealand. The Group has 15,000 employees and relationships with nine million customers. It has a well-known portfolio of personal and commercial insurance brands including AAMI, GIO, Suncorp, Vero, Apia and Shannons, and has established reputations for insurance innovation and customer service. The company has five core businesses which are Personal Insurance, Commercial Insurance, Vero New Zealand, Suncorp Bank and Suncorp Life. These are supported by corporate and shared services divisions. Their business strategy is to gain the marketing benefits of a portfolio of leading brands and the scale benefits of a single group. Today, the Suncorp Group includes Australia's leading regional bank and a specialist life insurance business. Suncorp Life specialises in life insurance and also has a leading superannuation business. The general insurance businesses deliver products and services to personal customers, small and medium sized businesses, and to corporate clients. They are sold directly or through intermediaries such as brokers. The company is committed to working with innovative partners to deliver leading quality, cost and time benefits for their customers and returns for their shareholders. Their New Zealand insurance brand, Vero, is a leader in advocating the changes required to strengthen the local general insurance industry and is also active in the recovery of Christchurch after the major earthquakes of 2010 and 2011.
Benefits of Suncorp Travel Insurance
Suncorp provides you with flexible travel insurance policies for business and pleasure. Whether you are planning a family holiday in France or hiring a car for a road trip in the UK, their covers are there to help you. A Suncorp Holiday Travel Insurance policy or a Suncorp Multi-Trip Travel Insurance policy helps to cover you for the things that really matter, like medical expenses, personal baggage and cancellation charges, leaving you free to enjoy your trip. Suncorp Travel Insurance is issued by AAI Limited as Vero Insurance (Vero), a member of the Suncorp Group. Suncorp Insurance is a brand of AAI Limited. You are advised to refer to the relevant Suncorp Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) for the full terms and conditions and the exclusions and limitations of their travel insurance products. Suncorp is committed to working with its partners to benefit both its customers and its shareholders. For example, Capital S.M.A.R.T. Repairs and QPlus Productions are leading the way in customer satisfaction rates, as well as reducing the costs associated with motor repairs. Suncorp greatly values the communities in which people live and work. The company supports some wonderful initiatives and programmes aimed at helping people, and it also provides a range of banking, insurance and investment services to Australians. It focuses on different ways in which it can make a difference to people’s lives and so sponsors a host of events which bring the community together, provides assistance to charities to help raise funds, communicates health issues, supports medical research and sponsors sport and entertainment venues. Suncorp Stadium is recognised as one of the best sports and outdoor concert venues in Australia. It provides Brisbane and south east Queensland with a 52,500 seat capacity state-of-the-art arena. The stadium hosts a variety of events throughout the year.
Suncorp Travel Insurance Policy Options
Suncorp travel insurance policies ensure that you have a comfortable trip while they take care of everything. People who think they are healthy and do not need travel insurance should think again. Travel insurance policies not only provide you with medical protection but also cover you in case you lose your personal belongings or your flights get cancelled. Basically they cover you for the unexpected things that may happen while you travel. If you are travelling with your family or you are travelling alone, be assured that someone will be right there for you in case you need help. If you are an occasional traveller, Suncorp advise you to take their Holiday Travel Insurance policy which covers you for a single trip. On the other hand, if you travel frequently you are advised to go for their Annual Multi-Trip Travel Insurance policy which provides an annual cover. Their online service is quick and easy so your quote is just a click away. Both the policies give you the option of a single policy or a family policy. The single policy covers only the person named as the insured on the schedule, and one child or grandchild who accompanies them on the journey. A family policy covers the persons named as the insured on the schedule, and their husband, wife or de-facto partner, and their children or grandchildren who accompany them on the journey. With Annual Multi-Trip Travel Insurance you not only get the features provided in the Holiday Travel policy like cover for overseas medical and dental expenses, unlimited cancellation charges and cover for loss or damage to your personal baggage, but also a host of additional features aimed at making your trip comfortable. You can easily use their online services for making claims, payments and retrieving saved quotes, and their Accident Assist app aims to make claims all the more easy in case of emergencies.
Suncorp Travel Insurance Benefits
The key features provided by Suncorp Holiday Travel Insurance cover are:
- Overseas medical and dental expenses: the policy provides cover for reasonable unlimited medical expenses incurred outside Australia arising from an illness or injury and dental expenses resulting from injury up to $1,000 for a Single Policy and $2,000 for a Family Policy.
- Unlimited cancellation charges: the policy provides cover for reasonable travel and accommodation expenses if your journey is cancelled for any unforeseen circumstances outside of your control, if you have already paid for the expenses and cannot recover them from anyone else.
- Cash paid while in hospital: the policy will pay a cash allowance of $100 per day, up to a maximum of $6,000 for a single policy or up to $12,000 for a family policy if you are in an overseas hospital for more than 48 hours.
- Personal baggage: the policy provides cover for loss or damage to your personal baggage, clothing or personal effects of up to $6,000 for a single policy or up to $12,000 for a family policy.
- Personal Liability: the policy will cover your personal legal liability up to $5 million.
Suncorp Annual Multi-Trip Travel Insurance cover provides additional features apart from those of Suncorp Holiday Travel Insurance cover. These key features include:
- Annual renewable multi-trip policy: the policy provides cover for an unlimited number of trips per year, with a maximum of 90 days per trip.
- Loss of income: the policy provides cover of up to $1,000 per month to a maximum of $10,000, for loss of income if you are injured during your journey and are unable to perform your normal work in Australia. This limit is increased to up to $1,500 per month to a maximum of $15,000 for a family policy.
- Substitute person to complete your business: reasonable transport and accommodation expenses for a substitute person to complete your business (up to $10,000 for a single policy, or $20,000 for a family policy) if you suffer an injury or illness on your journey.
- In addition to this, Suncorp Annual Multi-Trip Travel Insurance provides higher limits for loss or damage to your personal baggage, clothing or personal effects of up to $8,000 for a single policy and up to $15,000 for a family policy.
Making a Suncorp Travel Insurance Claim
Whether you are in Australia or overseas, you can make a claim by a call, an email or fax. You will need to provide some information as well as documents at your own expense, such as original medical and dental certificates, specialist doctors’ reports, police reports, original proof of ownership such as receipts, invoices, packaging, travel itineraries, airline, train, bus or other transport tickets, luggage tags etc. You should immediately send them any court or legal documents or other communication you receive about the claim. You are requested not to take any action yourself or ask anyone else to act on your behalf. They assess and finalise the claims only in Australia so the time taken to settle claims will vary from country to country. Within ten business days of receiving all the information, they will inform you whether your claim has been accepted or rejected. While calculating the amount for your claim they consider certain aspects which include the amount of loss, damage or liability, the excess, the policy limit and the terms and conditions of the policy. Once they accept your claim, only they have the right to make or accept any offer or payment, or in any other way admit that you are liable for the claim. They also reserve the right to settle or defend any claim.