Simply Travel Insurance review
Easy comparison of 4 policies, Simply Travel Insurance aims to uncomplicate things.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Important:Travel insurance rules continue to change as a result of the coronavirus pandemic. We’re working hard to keep up and make sure our guides are up to date, however some information may not be accurate during the pandemic. It’s even more important to double-check all details that matter to you before taking out cover. Please know that some policies may not be available through Finder at this time. Here are some helpful tips:
- If you're buying a policy today, it's unlikely that you'll be covered for border closures
- If your travel plans go against government advice, your policy will most likely be voided and you won't be covered
Compare your travel insurance quotes
Made a search before? Retrieve your search results
Type or Select your destination(s)
Summary of Simply's Single Trip Comprehensive policy
|Overseas Medical and Hospital Expenses||Unlimited|
|Cancellation and Amendment Fees||Unlimited|
|Luggage and Personal Effects||$7,500|
|Maximum Age Limit||130|
Table updated June 2020
Simply Travel Insurance review of benefits
There are four separate travel insurance policies on offer. We have summarised the most important benefits of each in the table below.
|Benefits||Comprehensive||Budget||Frequent Traveller||Australia Only|
|Overseas medical expenses||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|Overseas dental expenses||$500||$500||$500|
|Loss of income||$10,400||$10,400|
|Credit card fraud and replacement||$5,000||$5,000|
|Luggage and personal effects||$7,500||$7,500||$7,500|
|Luggage and personal effects delay||$250||$250|
|Additional accommodation and travel expenses||$50,000||$50,000||$50,000|
|Cancellation fees and lost deposits||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|Rental vehicle insurance excess||$6,000||$6,000||$6,000|
Table was last updated: June 2020
Review of policies by Simply Travel Insurance
You have a choice of four different policies when you buy from Simply Travel Insurance. Their major features are detailed here.
Contains all of Simply Travel's top features. Unlimited medical cover, increased lost luggage protection, cancellation cover for flexibility and other important features like personal liability
The basic form of cover for overseas travel. This policy offers only the most basic of protection. Unlimited medical cover, some dental cover, and personal liability.
For travellers under 64 who are planning multiple trips of less than 90 days in a single year. Can be purchased in domestic or international plans
Cover for when you're only travelling through Australia. It keeps costs down by removing less important features like medical expenses.
What options can I add-on to my Simply Travel Insurance?
You can choose to tailor your cover to your needs with add-options. Add-ons will generally raise the cost of your insurance premium. None of the following are available to the Budget plan.
- High value items. If you have particularly precious belongings that are less than 12 months old, you can add up to $5,000 of extra cover onto your policy to cover their value.
- Cruise pack. This option extends your cover to cruise ships and adds a few cruise-specific types of cover, like missed cruise departures or missed port cover. You won't be covered for any claims on a cruise without this add-on.
- Winter sports. This provides a collection of winter sport-specific cover, including piste closure, unlimited emergency rescue costs, bad weather and avalanche closure, and more.
What isn't covered by my policy?
Any policy you purchase will have its own set of situations where your cover isn't valid. Simply Travel Insurance won't pay out your claim if:
- You don't act responsibly or do your best to avoid making a claim.
- You do something illegal or break a visa requirement.
- You're riding in a motorcycle or moped and the driver does not have a valid licence for the country you're in.
- You make the decision to travel to a country or region despite warnings from the Australian Government at www.smarttraveller.gov.au or the mass media.
- It is tied to a pre-existing medical condition you failed to have approved by Simply Travel before you purchase your policy.
- You were acting under the influence of alcohol or any drug that you weren't prescribed.
- You travel in any form of air transport other than a licensed passenger aircraft operated by a company.
- You engaged in a dangerous or risky activity, including things like polo, quad biking, and hang-gliding.
Claim and contact details for Simply Travel Insurance
Emergency assistance:+61 2 8776 3010
Make a claim via email: Download the claims form here, https://www.simplytravelinsurance.com.au/assets/TCF-TCC-OCT2019.pdf. Email the completed form with supporting documents to email@example.com
Make a claim via post:https://www.simplytravelinsurance.com.au/assets/TCF-TCC-OCT2019.pdf. Post the completed form and supporting documents to;
Simply Travel Insurance
PO Box 6798
More guides on Finder
HSBC Platinum Credit Card
This card offers 0% interest on balance transfers for 36 months, a discounted $29 first year annual fee and platinum benefits including airport lounge passes and complimentary insurance covers.
Home office insurance
We talk you through how to get home office insurance.
American Express Velocity Business Card
The American Express Velocity Business Card earns points per $1 spent and offers complimentary travel insurance and two complimentary Virgin Australia lounge passes each year.
Power outage? Food spoilage insurance
How home insurance can cover you for food spoilage and save you hundreds on wasted food.
What is insurance fraud, and how does it affect my home insurance?
Curious to know what happens if you commit insurance fraud on a home insurance claim? Here's what we know, and why you probably shouldn't do it.
BMW X7 car insurance
Thinking about buying a BMW X7? See average car insurance costs and find out about prestige car insurance
Bentley Continental car insurance
Learn about insuring a Bentley Continental with a prestige car insurance broker
Porsche 911 car insurance
Want to insure a Porsche 911? Here are things we think you should know.
Westpac Altitude Platinum Qantas – Existing customer offer
With bonus Qantas Points and a range of complimentary insurance covers, the Westpac Altitude Platinum - Qantas is worth considering if you want more frequent flyer points.
Compare $100,000 life insurance policies
$100,000 life insurance policies can be very affordable. Compare costs and cover here.
Ask an Expert