Want Simple Travel Insurance that Still Offers Enough Protection at the Right Price?
When you’re travelling, things can and often do go wrong at the worst possible time. Baggage gets misplaced, thieves can steal your valuables, flights are delayed and cancelled, and illness and injury can turn your best-laid holiday plans upside down. And when you’re overseas when problems arise, your dream trip can quickly turn into a complete nightmare.
No matter what type of holiday you are taking or where you’re going, good travel insurance is a must to protect you against the unexpected. Not only does travel insurance offer security against the possibility of losing the money spent on your holiday, it also guarantees peace of mind. It’s a vital expense whenever you’re travelling, no matter whether you’re taking a quick trip interstate or embarking on a long getaway overseas.
Policies Offered From Simply Travel Insurance
Who Underwrites Simply Travel Insurance?
Simply Travel Insurance Pty Ltd, your travel insurance policy is insured by Certain Underwriters at Lloyd’s (the insurer).
Simply Travel Insurance’s mission is to take the hassle out of purchasing travel insurance. Run by senior executives from the accommodation and travel industry, Simply Travel insurance knows what Australians are looking for in their travel cover and offers policies to suit a wide variety of people. Not only that, but Simply Travel is an online brand so you can ensure you find your cover at an affordable price.
Who is Simply Travel Insurance?
As mentioned above, Simply Travel Insurance was founded by senior executives from the accommodation and travel industry with an in-depth understanding of the industry and travel patterns. That wealth of specialty knowledge was put into practice to create effective and affordable travel insurance solutions for consumers.
Because Simply Travel Insurance is an online brand, it can offer customers cover at an affordable rate. Without travel agents or airlines to pay a commission to, Simply can provide its insurance policies at cheaper prices. Cover can also be confirmed immediately online, helping to take the stress out of the sometimes time-consuming process of applying for insurance.
With an aim to make your choices as simple as possible, Simply Travel Insurance offers three policy options: Comprehensive, Budget and Frequent Traveller. These policies offer different levels of cover for a range of travellers, from those looking for basic insurance to those looking for optimum cover for a range of events.
Simply Travel Insurance Policies
- Comprehensive. This plan is designed for travellers who want the highest level of cover available. It’s designed to offer maximum peace of mind and includes features such as cancellation cover; emergency expenses and overseas, medical hospital and dental cover, along with substantial cover for theft, loss or damage to your belongings while you are travelling. Available for singles, duos and also families, Comprehensive cover offers a full range of benefits and doesn’t compromise on benefit limits.
- Frequent Traveller. If you’re a regular traveller who takes more than two to three trips each year, this policy could be the most effective travel insurance solution for you. Designed to be flexible, this policy provides all of the benefits of a normal comprehensive policy but covers multiple journeys within a 12-month period. Each single trip must be no longer than 37 days for a holiday, or 90 days for a business trip. Your spouse and children can also be covered at no additional cost, as long as you list them when you purchase the policy. It’s annual cover for all your travelling needs.
- Budget. As the name suggests, this policy is all about affordability. Rather than containing cover for a huge range of possible events, Budget insurance covers you against major problems that could occur. It provides unlimited overseas medical coverage, as well as cover for the costs of repatriating you back to Australia if something goes seriously wrong. There’s also a personal liability component that kicks in if you happen to cause an accident while overseas. It’s a no-frills policy that can help provide the peace of mind you need to hit the road.
Simply Travel Insurance Policy Benefits
The range of benefits found on Simply Travel Insurance policies includes:
- Cancellation fees and lost deposits. If your journey is cancelled or shortened by circumstances beyond your control, for example illness or job loss, your policy will pay your cancellation fees and lost deposits for travel and accommodation costs you have paid in advance and cannot recover.
- Overseas emergency medical assistance. Allianz Global Assistance will help you in the event of an overseas medical emergency. This may also include the cost of your repatriation to Australia.
- Overseas emergency medical and hospital expenses. If you injure yourself or become sick while overseas, Simply Travel Insurance will reimburse your medical and hospital expenses until you return home.
- Additional expenses. Simply Travel Insurance policies will also cover any extra travel or accommodation expenses incurred while you are unable to travel due to sickness or injury.
- Hospital cash allowance. You’ll receive a daily allowance for every day you are in hospital for more than 48 continuous hours overseas.
- Permanent disability. If you are injured during your trip and become permanently disabled, you’ll receive a benefit payment to help cover expenses.
- Loss of income. If you’re disabled during your journey and are then unable to return to work, you’ll receive a weekly payment for a period of up to 26 weeks to help cover your loss of income.
- Travel documents, credit cards and travellers cheques. If your travel documents, credit cards or travellers cheques are lost or stolen during your journey, you’ll be reimbursed for the cost of replacing them.
- Theft of cash. Simply Travel Insurance will pay for cash, bank notes, currency notes, postal orders or money orders stolen from your person.
- Luggage and personal effects. If your luggage or personal effects are stolen, damaged or lost on your journey, your policy will cover the cost of their repair or replacement.
- Luggage and personal effects delay expenses. If your luggage or personal effects are delayed or misplaced by a carrier for more than 12 hours, your policy will cover the cost of purchasing emergency essentials such as clothing and toiletries.
- Travel delay expenses. If circumstances beyond your control cause your journey to be delayed, your policy will cover the resulting additional meals and accommodation expenses.
- Alternative transport expenses. If cancellations or delays mean you won’t be able to make it to a special event, such as a wedding or a business conference, the cost of additional travel expenses to arrive on time will be covered.
- Personal liability. This covers you if you are found to be legally liable and must pay compensation to a third party.
- Rental vehicle. This covers the rental company excess if your rental car is involved in an accident or otherwise stolen or damaged.
Simply Travel Insurance Exclusions
- No cover if you do not act in a responsible way or if you do not act to reduce your loss as much as possible.
- No cover if your claim is for a loss which is recoverable by compensation under any workers compensation or transport accident laws or by any government sponsored fund, plan, or medical benefit scheme.
- You are not covered if your claim arises from errors or omissions in your booking arrangements or from your failure to obtain relevant visa, passport or travel documents.
- No cover if you were acting illegally.
- There is no cover if your claim arises from riding a motorcycle, moped or scooter without a current Australian motorcycle licence, or if you’re a passenger on one of these vehicles operated by someone without a licence.
- If you ignore a government travel advisory or advice in the mass media and travel to a particular country, you will not be covered.
- You will not be covered under acts of war, or if your claim arises from a nuclear reaction or contamination from nuclear weapons or radioactivity.
- No cover if your claim arises from a pre-existing medical condition.
- No cover if you’re travelling against your doctor’s advice.
- There is no cover if your claim arises out of pregnancy, childbirth or related complications, except under certain conditions.
- No cover if your claims is related to depression, anxiety or mental illness.
- There is no cover for sexually transmitted diseases.
- You will not be covered if you engage in open water sailing, play polo, go mountaineering or rock climbing using ropes or climbing equipment (other than for hiking), go paragliding or participate in a range of other activities.
Making a Simply Travel Insurance Claim
Simply Travel Insurance aims to make the claims process as easy as possible. You must give them notice of your claim as soon as possible by calling their claims department on 1300 725 154. If you don’t do this, the company cannot process your claim and can reduce the amount of your claim.
To submit your claim:
- Go to www.travelclaims.com.au
- Enter your Simply Travel Insurance policy number, surname and date of birth on the Travel Claims page
- Download and complete the claim form
- Collect any documentation Simply Travel Insurance requires—this may include police reports, valuations, medical reports, original receipts or proof of ownership
- Email, fax or post your completed claim form along with any supporting documentation
Claims are processed within 10 working days and you can follow the progress of your claim at www.travelclaims.com.au. Claims are payable to you in Australian dollars.