Simply Travel Insurance review
Easy comparison of 4 policies, Simply Travel Insurance aims to uncomplicate things.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder.
Important:Travel insurance rules continue to change as a result of the coronavirus pandemic. We’re working hard to keep up and make sure our guides are up to date, however some information may not be accurate during the pandemic. It’s even more important to double-check all details that matter to you before taking out cover. Please know that some policies may not be available through Finder at this time. Here are some helpful tips:
- If you're buying a policy today, it's unlikely that you'll be covered for any coronavirus-related claims
- If your travel plans go against government advice, your policy will most likely be voided and you won't be covered
Compare your travel insurance quotes
Made a search before? Retrieve your search results
Type or Select your destination(s)
Summary of Simply's Single Trip Comprehensive policy
|Overseas Medical and Hospital Expenses||Unlimited|
|Cancellation and Amendment Fees||Unlimited|
|Luggage and Personal Effects||$7,500|
|Maximum Age Limit||130|
Table updated June 2020
Simply Travel Insurance review of benefits
There are four separate travel insurance policies on offer. We have summarised the most important benefits of each in the table below.
|Benefits||Comprehensive||Budget||Frequent Traveller||Australia Only|
|Overseas medical expenses||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|Overseas dental expenses||$500||$500||$500|
|Loss of income||$10,400||$10,400|
|Credit card fraud and replacement||$5,000||$5,000|
|Luggage and personal effects||$7,500||$7,500||$7,500|
|Luggage and personal effects delay||$250||$250|
|Additional accommodation and travel expenses||$50,000||$50,000||$50,000|
|Cancellation fees and lost deposits||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|Rental vehicle insurance excess||$6,000||$6,000||$6,000|
Table was last updated: June 2020
Review of policies by Simply Travel Insurance
You have a choice of four different policies when you buy from Simply Travel Insurance. Their major features are detailed here.
Contains all of Simply Travel's top features. Unlimited medical cover, increased lost luggage protection, cancellation cover for flexibility and other important features like personal liability
The basic form of cover for overseas travel. This policy offers only the most basic of protection. Unlimited medical cover, some dental cover, and personal liability.
For travellers under 64 who are planning multiple trips of less than 90 days in a single year. Can be purchased in domestic or international plans
Cover for when you're only travelling through Australia. It keeps costs down by removing less important features like medical expenses.
What options can I add-on to my Simply Travel Insurance?
You can choose to tailor your cover to your needs with add-options. Add-ons will generally raise the cost of your insurance premium. None of the following are available to the Budget plan.
- High value items. If you have particularly precious belongings that are less than 12 months old, you can add up to $5,000 of extra cover onto your policy to cover their value.
- Cruise pack. This option extends your cover to cruise ships and adds a few cruise-specific types of cover, like missed cruise departures or missed port cover. You won't be covered for any claims on a cruise without this add-on.
- Winter sports. This provides a collection of winter sport-specific cover, including piste closure, unlimited emergency rescue costs, bad weather and avalanche closure, and more.
What isn't covered by my policy?
Any policy you purchase will have its own set of situations where your cover isn't valid. Simply Travel Insurance won't pay out your claim if:
- You don't act responsibly or do your best to avoid making a claim.
- You do something illegal or break a visa requirement.
- You're riding in a motorcycle or moped and the driver does not have a valid licence for the country you're in.
- You make the decision to travel to a country or region despite warnings from the Australian Government at www.smarttraveller.gov.au or the mass media.
- It is tied to a pre-existing medical condition you failed to have approved by Simply Travel before you purchase your policy.
- You were acting under the influence of alcohol or any drug that you weren't prescribed.
- You travel in any form of air transport other than a licensed passenger aircraft operated by a company.
- You engaged in a dangerous or risky activity, including things like polo, quad biking, and hang-gliding.
Claim and contact details for Simply Travel Insurance
Emergency assistance:+61 2 8776 3010
Make a claim via email: Download the claims form here, https://www.simplytravelinsurance.com.au/assets/TCF-TCC-OCT2019.pdf. Email the completed form with supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
Make a claim via post:https://www.simplytravelinsurance.com.au/assets/TCF-TCC-OCT2019.pdf. Post the completed form and supporting documents to;
Simply Travel Insurance
PO Box 6798
More guides on Finder
As Australia reopens, don’t forget travel insurance
Travel insurance isn't just for overseas trips.
Life insurance for 35-year-olds
Compare life insurance policies for 35-year-olds
$1 million life insurance policies
Looking for $1 million life insurance? Compare policies here.
Can I still get life insurance if I’m overweight?
Find out if you can still get life insurance if you’re overweight, what your options are and where to get cover.
Top work perks: Aussies want more paid leave and insurance post-COVID
Finder asked 1,066 Australians about the top three perks they’d like their employer to provide in a post-COVID workplace. Flexibility, more leave and company health insurance topped the list.
Life insurance for new parents
We talk you through life insurance options for new parents.
Book a doctor online
Whether you’re looking for everyday care or specialist treatment, there are a range of online providers who can help with your healthcare needs.
What is life insurance?
Not sure what life insurance is? We take you through the basics of life insurance with our easy to understand guide.
Queensland’s NSW and ACT travel ban: Everything you need to know
Had a trip to Queensland planned? We've got you covered on what to do next.
Life insurance for medical workers
Find life insurance for medical workers. Insurance that covers the unique risks faced by frontline medical professionals.
Ask an Expert