Carpeesh car insurance
Carpeesh car insurance has a policy for many types of drivers, from ridesharing to youngsters. Find out if they have one for you.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Carpeesh is a unique car insurer because they use a driver safety app, which then tracks how you drive and can save you money if you're a good and safe driver.
Carpeesh car insurance has four comprehensive policies tailored to specific drivers. If you're a good driver, young driver, or you need your car for work or ridesharing, they have a policy designed for you. If you don't use your car for commuting to work, you might be able to get a cheaper policy.
We don't currently have this brand on our panel. But don't fret! You can head to the Carpeesh car insurance website or compare a bunch of other car insurance companies with finder.
What cover does Carpeesh Car Insurance offer?
Carpeesh has four available cover types. When you take out a policy, you will qualify for a cover type based on the information you provide in your application. The cover type you qualify for will be set out in your Policy Certificate. The four cover types are:
- Good driver.
- Private use. This cover is for cars where all listed drivers are aged 26 or older who use their car for social or domestic purposes. This does not include travel between home and work.
- Private and commuting use. This cover is for cars where all listed drivers are aged 26 or older who use their car for social or domestic purposes and for travel between work and home, or for limited business use of no more than four trips per month.
- Young driver.
- Private use. This cover is for drivers 25 years or younger who use their car for social or domestic purposes. This does not include travel between home and work.
- Private and commuting use. This cover is for drivers 25 years of age or younger who use their car for social or domestic purposes and for travel between work and home, or for limited business use of no more than four trips per month.
- Worker. This is for cars that are used for both work and domestic purposes. This can include full-time, part-time or casual work, but not ridesharing services.
- Rideshare. This is for cars used by listed drivers to perform the task of carrying passengers for payment for rideshare or carpooling app services, like Uber, as well as for their own domestic purposes and commuting. It's not designed for cars used exclusively for taxi or chauffeur services.
What do Carpeesh policies cover?
Here are some of the features you'll get with all Carpeesh policies.
- No excess where you're not at fault. You won't have to pay an excess for an incident where Carpeesh agrees that you or the driver of your car was not at fault.
- Cleaning and repair if your car is stolen and recovered. If your car is stolen but later recovered and Carpeesh haven't paid a claim for the theft, they will have your car cleaned for you and replace broken glass and other damage. No excesses apply to this benefit.
- Personal effects damaged in a collision will be replaced, up to a specified amount. Get up to $250 for damage to personal effects that were in your car.
- Cover for removal of debris at the site of an incident. Debris removal at the site of an incident covered up to a maximum of $350.
- Repair or replacement of roof or bicycle racks. Get up to $250 for the repair or replacement of roof racks or bicycle racks.
- New car changeover. If you buy a new car, they will cover your old car listed on your Policy Certificate for up to 14 days after you replace it.
- Emergency travel and accommodation cover. Get up to $100 per day and up to a total of $750 for emergency travel and accommodation expenses if you're more than 150km from home and your car is stolen or not drivable.
- Towing on non-driveable cars after an incident. Towing costs covered by a towing service approved by Carpeesh. A limit of up to $250 applies.
- Replacement keys if they're stolen. Up to $700 towards replacing, re-coding or re-keying locks. This does not include misplaced or lost keys.
- Trailer coverage. A limit of $500 for loss or damage to a trailer which is owned by you and is attached to your car and being used for private use only.
- Replacement new car after a total loss. Replacement of your car after total loss if your car was less than two years old at the time of the incident and you purchased it new
- Hire car after theft. They will pay for the hiring of a car similar to yours, or up to a limit of $40 per day or $750 in total for the period you need a hire car.
- Window glass replacement (an excess will likely apply). Cover for the replacement of a front windscreen and all window glass, regardless of the number of incidents that result in a claim.
- No excess window glass repair. If a windscreen or window glass is damaged in an incident covered by your policy and can be repaired, rather than replaced, no excess applies.
What else can I get with a comprehensive policy?
Depending on the policy you purchase, you might also be entitled to the following benefits. Otherwise it can be added-on to your policy.
- Recovery of injured wildlife. Carpeesh will cover you up to $100 towards animal road recovery by the local wildlife group if an animal that is not your pet is injured in an incident covered by your policy. If they can't retrieve the animal, they'll donate $100 towards a wildlife recovery centre in your state. This is included with most policies.
- Hire car benefit after an accident. This is included as a standard benefit with worker and rideshare cover types and an optional extra with good driver and young driver policies. It covers you for a hire car for up to 14 days, up to a limit of $750 after an insured event.
- Optional Windscreen benefit. You can reduce your excess for windscreen or window damage if you choose the Optional Windscreen benefit.
What exclusions should I be aware of?
Every insurance policy has exclusions. The following list highlights some of the exclusions in Carpeesh's car insurance policies.
- Your car was used by an unacceptable driver e.g. the person in control of the car is not licensed or not complying with the conditions of their licence,
- Your car was used as a courier or delivery car, unless you have taken out the rideshare cover.
- Loss or damage as a result of any intentional or reckless act(s) or acts by you or an insured person.
- Loss or damage to the tools of trade of your business carried in your car.
- Loss or damage to your car if it is being used to store or transport dangerous goods.
- You damage your car by using incorrect fuel.
- If damage occurs by any driver excluded by age.
For a full list, be sure to read their product disclosure statement (PDS).
Compare other Australian car insurance providers
More guides on Finder
Six of the best electric cars in Australia
Here are some of the best electric cars in Australia in 2021.
Going up: 4.6 million health insurance customers are missing out on potential savings
Millions of Australians could be missing out saving money on their health insurance policy, according to Finder, Australia’s most visited comparison site.
Apeman C450 Dash Cam Review: Functional, but not fancy
If you just want to track your car’s progress for the fundamentals, the Apeman C450 will get the job done, but its price does reflect the lack of polish or additional features on offer.
Home office insurance
We talk you through how to get home office insurance.
How to find the best car storage facility to keep your set of wheels safe and secure.
Power outage? Food spoilage insurance
How home insurance can cover you for food spoilage and save you hundreds on wasted food.
Does home insurance cover hearing aids?
Want hearing aid insurance? Home insurance is the answer.
What are covered events in home insurance?
All home insurance policies have a common list of covered events. These insured events include things like fire, storm and theft.
What is insurance fraud, and how does it affect my home insurance?
Curious to know what happens if you commit insurance fraud on a home insurance claim? Here's what we know, and why you probably shouldn't do it.
BMW X7 car insurance
Thinking about buying a BMW X7? See average car insurance costs and find out about prestige car insurance