Get the right car insurance to keep your wheels on the road.
For over 80 years, St.George has been a renowned bank and financial provider. Now merged with Westpac, St.George offers a range of car insurance policies to protect you from any incidents on the road. We’ve provided you with an options overview to make it easier to see at a glance what cover you need.
We don't currently have this brand on our panel. But don't fret! You can head to the St. George car insurance website or compare a bunch of other car insurance companies with finder.
What cover options does it have?
- Third Party Property Damage (TPPD). If you’re trying to avoid excessive cover, then TPPD may be all you need, covering you for any liability such as property damage, injury, medical and legal costs.
- Third Party Fire & Theft. Need a little more cover? You might want to consider Third Party Fire & Theft. Providing the same liability cover as TPPD insurance, your vehicle is also protected against accidental damage and additional costs such as towing and a replacement rental car.
- Comprehensive. Cover the whole kit and caboodle with a Comprehensive policy, offering liability cover and accidental damage, as well as everything else from emergency repairs, lock replacements, personal item cover and a range of other extras.
Check out the table below for a breakdown of what’s on offer.
How does each cover type compare?
Want to know more? Here’s a breakdown of how these cover types compare against each other.
|Third Party Property Damage||Third Party Fire & Theft||Comprehensive|
|Accidental Loss or Damage|
|Child Seat or Baby Capsule|
|Emergency Accommodation and Travelling Expenses|
|Rental Car (Limit: 30 days, Max: $100 per day)|
|Replacement Vehicle Cover (Limit: 14 days)|
|Trailer and Caravan Cover|
What additional cover options are there?
Additional cover options are available for comprehensive insurance policies. These include:
- Protected No Claims Bonus (NCB). If you hold your policy for a set amount of time, a NCB will apply to the first claim you lodge where you are at fault or if the responsible party cannot be identified. A Protected NCB allows you to keep the benefit even if you make a claim under certain circumstances (for example, making a claim for your windscreen). Terms and conditions will depend on your chosen cover.
- Rental Car. If an accidental damage claim is accepted, this option provides you with a rental car to the value of $100 per day. If a rental is unavailable, you will receive a daily travel allowance of $50. The rental car will be provided for a period of 30 days until repairs are complete, or the claim is settled and you are paid for your vehicle’s agreed market value.
- Removal of basic excess for windscreen claims. If your windscreen or any window glass in your car is accidentally broken or damaged, an excess will not be applied to your claim. This option applies if the windscreen or window glass is the only damage to your car. This will not affect your No Claims Bonus.
What exclusions are there?
As with all insurance policies, there are a number of exclusions you need to keep in mind when selecting your cover. St.George will not accept claims if:
- Your car was driven by an unlicensed driver.
- The driver was under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Passengers or load exceeds legal limits.
- Your car was used in an unsafe or illegal way.
- You were carrying passengers for hire, fare or reward.
- Your car was used for motor sport.
- Damage was deliberate or intentional.
- Damage was due to war or terrorism.
- Tyres are damaged from brakes or road punctures.
- You failed to secure your car or leave it in an unsafe location.
What excess do I need to pay?
If you make a claim and are considered responsible or at fault for the accident, you will be required to pay the applicable excess, the amount will be based on the damage and situation of the incident. Your Certificate of Insurance will show the amount and types of excess that apply to your policy. A claim is only accepted if the total amount you are claiming is more than any excess that applies to your claim.
How do I make a claim?
If you are involved in an accident, here are a few things to remember:
- Write down the full names, addresses and phone numbers of all drivers, passengers and witness involved.
- Write down the vehicle registration numbers, insurance details and gather any other evidence or information to support your claim (such as medical certificates and reports).
- Contact St.George Insurance on 1800 812 133 as soon as possible to begin the claims process.
- The insurer will advise you about any other aspects of the claims procedure which apply.
To make a claim, call St.George’s 24/7 Assistance Line on 1800 812 133 or you can go online and file it at: www.stgeorge.com.au/personal/insurance/car-insurance/make-a-claim