Compare the benefits of Ozicare Car Insurance and get the cover you need.
Ozicare Insurance offers a selection of competitive car insurance policies which are underwritten by Auto & General Insurance Company Ltd, an Australian insurer.
These policies are designed to provide cover to suit the requirements and budgets of a wide variety of Australians, and the company has been looking after the insurance needs of Australians since 2001. It offers three car insurance policies for its customers:
- Third Party Fire and Theft
- Third Party
Whether you drive a small hatchback, a big four-wheel drive or anything in between, you need to have adequate insurance cover in place before you head out on the open road. Providing protection against collisions, fire, theft and other common driving risks, the right car insurance policy allows you to drive your vehicle with confidence.
Compare Ozicare Car Insurance policies
Comprehensive Car Insurance offers the highest level of cover available from Ozicare Insurance. It provides cover for fire and theft, and in the case of an accident, it provides cover for damage to your own car and to someone else’s.
Ozicare Comprehensive Car Insurance offers:
- $20 million of liability cover when your vehicle causes damage to someone else’s property
- Your car is also covered up to an agreed value of $3,000 or to its market value (whichever is the lesser)
- Damage caused by storm, flood, hail, collision, attempted theft and malicious acts
- Your personal effects in the event of a collision
- Emergency transport and accommodation costs
- New car replacement
- Trailer cover.
Ozicare Third Party Fire and Theft
If you’re involved in an accident Ozicare Third Party Fire and Theft Car Insurance covers the cost of the damage to someone else’s car. In situations where your car is stolen or catches fire, cover is also provided. Finally, damage to your car when it is involved in an accident with an uninsured vehicle is included in your policy as well.
Ozicare Third Party Fire and Theft Car Insurance is designed to provide cover:
- When your vehicle causes damage to someone else’s property
- Liability cover of up to $20 million provided
- Damage caused to your own car by fire or theft
- Hire vehicle following the theft of your car (up to 14 days)
- $3,000 of cover for uninsured motorist damage
- Flexible premium payment options.
Ozicare Third Party
This is the least expensive policy option from Ozicare and it offers cover for the cost of damage your vehicle causes to a third party’s car. Damage to your car when it is involved in an accident with an uninsured vehicle is also included in your coverage.
This budget Ozicare policy offers cover for:
- Damage your vehicle causes to another person’s property
- $20 million limit on its legal liability cover
- Up to $3,000 of cover for uninsured motorist damage is also included.
|Benefit||Comprehensive||Third Party Fire and Theft||Third Party|
|21-day money back guarantee*|
|24-hour claims helpline|
|Emergency transport and accommodation|
|Flexible payment options|
|Hire vehicle following theft|
|Legal Liability Cover|
|Loss Or damage to the car caused by fire or theft|
|New for old car replacement for the earlier of the first 12 months or 20,000km|
|Personal Effects Cover|
|Uninsured motorist damage*|
Before you apply for an Ozicare Car Insurance policy, remember that there are certain circumstances under which your car insurance claim will not be paid. These include:
- If the car was being driven by anyone not listed on your certificate of insurance, or by anyone who is excluded from your cover
- If the car was being driven by anyone without your consent, unless you took all possible steps to help the relevant authority prosecute the person(s) responsible
- If the driver of the car did not hold a valid licence
- If the driver of the car was under the influence of alcohol or drugs or refused to be tested for alcohol or drugs
- If the vehicle was being used to transport passengers or goods for payment
- If the vehicle was being used in connection with the motor trade (other than for servicing or repairs).
- If the vehicle was being used for racing of any kind
- If the vehicle was being used for any unlawful purpose
- If the vehicle was being driven in an unsafe, un-roadworthy or overloaded state
- If the car was being used to transport toxic, explosive or flammable goods unlawfully
- If you did not accompany the car when it was shown to someone for sale and the car was then stolen
- If the driver did not remain at the scene of an accident despite being required to do so by law
- If the claim is for a reduction in the car’s value following repairs
- If the claim is for tyre damage caused by bursts, cuts or punctures
- If your claim is for consequential loss
- If your claim is for wear and tear, rust or corrosion
- If your claim is for mechanical, structural or electronic breakdown or malfunction
- If your claim is for loss, damage or liability caused by a deliberate act by you or someone acting on your behalf
- If your claim results from the discharge or escape of any oil or coolant, except following a collision
- If your claim arises from acts of war or terrorism
- If your claim arises from cleaning, modifying or repairing the car
- If your claim arises from the use of an incorrect type of fuel.
A wide range of factors can influence the cost of your Ozicare Car Insurance premium, including:
- The age of the driver. Younger drivers have less experience and are also more likely to be involved in an accident, so they usually pay higher insurance premiums.
- The type of car. A high-powered, expensive import is going to cost more to insure than a less expensive family sedan.
- Where your car is kept. Parking your car in a locked garage overnight will save you plenty if you would otherwise leave your car on the street. Parking your car in certain suburbs - for example, a suburb that doesn’t have a high crime rate - can also result in lower premiums.
- How your car is used. A car that’s driven rarely and only during low traffic periods is going to be cheaper to insure than a vehicle that sees a whole lot of use in peak-hour city traffic.
- How secure your car is. A car with a sophisticated alarm system is going to be harder for thieves to steal than a vehicle that doesn’t have any security measures in place, so expect this increased risk to be reflected in your premiums.
- Your driving history. A driver with a history of traffic accidents, infringements and insurance claims will have to pay more for cover than someone with an unblemished driving record.
When you make a claim with Ozicare, you’ll need to pay an excess to contribute to the cost of your claim. The amount you have to pay is determined by the basic excess plus any additional excesses, which are listed in your certificate of insurance.
However, if you’re ever involved in a no-fault accident with another vehicle and the cost of your claim exceeds the basic excess amount, you will not have to pay any excess.
- Increase your excess. Choosing a higher excess will mean you only have to pay a lower premium.
- Restricting drivers by age. If you can confirm that there will be no drivers under a certain age driving your vehicle, you’ll be able to enjoy cheaper cover.
Contact Ozicare on 1300 139 870 to speak to a claims consultant and get back on the road as soon as possible. Ensure you have adequete documentation.
How can I purchase a policy?
You can get a quote and purchase your car insurance online from Ozicare, or you can phone the insurer to speak to a customer service consultant.
How much liability cover is included in my policy?
Each of Ozicare’s policies includes up to $20 million of third party liability cover.
What’s the difference between an agreed value policy and a market value policy?
Under a market value policy, your insurance will cover the cost of replacing your vehicle with another of the same make, model and condition. An agreed value policy requires you and your insurer to agree upon the value of your car when you apply for cover.
What is a No Claim Discount?
This is a discount that Ozicare will apply to your policy based on your driving experience and claims record.
How can I reduce my premium?
Two ways you can tailor your policy include:
- reducing your windscreen excess
- protecting your No Claim Discount.
Do I need to tell Ozicare about my driving history
If you do not inform Ozicare about your previous driving history, it could result in non-payment if you need to make a claim.
Who is the underwriter?
Ozicare is underwritten by Auto & General Insurance Company Ltd.
Ready to apply for cover?
Ozicare offers a selection of competitive policies that can offer the cover you need. Just make sure to weigh up your options and compare multiple policies before you choose the right one for you.