- Apple Pay, Google Pay
- Monthly fees: $0
Banks with PayID and Osko payments
Here's a list of Australian banks that have joined the New Payments Platform (NPP) and offer real-time payments using Osko and PayID.
You can check the list below to see if your bank offers real-time Osko payments, PayID or both. Also, keep reading for information on the differences between the two and how they work.
PayID vs Osko: What's the difference?
Osko and PayID are two features that allow customers to send and receive money instantly. However, these two features are slightly different, and banks can offer Osko payments without also offering PayID.
- Osko: This is a payment feature developed by BPAY that enables you to send and receive money instantly, even between different banks. Usually this would take up to 3 days. You might have noticed the Osko logo pop up after sending money to someone recently, letting you know the transfer was made via Osko and therefore was made instantly.
- PayID: Most banks that offer Osko payments also offer PayID. PayID is a personal identifier, nickname or ID for your bank account that can be used instead of your BSB and account number. Your PayID is usually either your phone number or email address. If your bank doesn't yet offer PayID, it might still offer real-time Osko payments.
How does PayID work?
PayID with Osko (developed by BPAY) will enable you to use a unique, easy-to-remember ID for your bank account to replace your BSB and account number. For example, if someone needs to send you money, you can simply give them your PayID. Your PayID will be something unique to you, like your mobile phone number or email address.
Another feature of PayID is that after you've entered the person's PayID, it'll come up with their name so you can check you're sending the money to the correct person. When your bank has launched PayID to customers, it will invite you to register for your PayID via the Internet or mobile banking.
What is the New Payments Platform?
The New Payments Platform (NPP), which officially launched in February 2017, offers world-class payments infrastructure that's set to revolutionise the way Australians transact. The platform facilitates real-time, data-rich transfers between customers of different financial institutions, and allows Australians to set up a PayID to use instead of their BSB and Account Number.
Osko and PayID are two features of the NPP. To learn more about the NPP and how it can benefit you, check out our comprehensive guide to the New Payments Platform.
Bank accounts with real-time Osko payments
- 4 migrants give their must-do tips for moving to Australia
- Taking out an Australian mortgage for the first time? Here are our top tips
- 5 must-know tips if you’re thinking about moving abroad
- 5 things you need to do if you’ve just moved to Australia
- Savings account or term deposit? Things to consider for 2023
More guides on Finder
ANZ Business Essentials Account
This is a business bank account with no monthly account keeping fees and a free ANZ Business Visa Debit card.
Best debit cards
Whether you’re travelling overseas or just want easy access to your funds, here’s how to find the best debit card to suit your needs.
Bendigo Bank Everyday Account Product Review
With convenient access to your funds and a host of flexible features, Bendigo Bank’s Everyday Account can help you manage your day-to-day finances with ease.
BCU Access account
The Access account offers bcu customers accessibility, flexibility and convenience when conducting everyday banking transactions.
Online banks in Australia
Online-only banks do not operate any physical branches resulting in reduced expenses and more affordable banking solutions for their customers.
How to open a bank account in Australia for foreigners
For foreigners opening a bank account in Australia, the process is easy and user-friendly, and often comes with attractive deals and discounts on transaction fees.
Bank Australia Mortgage Offset
Any funds in your Bank Australia Mortgage Offset are subtracted from your home loan principle and reduces your interest repayments while giving you on-call access to your funds.
Bank account offers for new customers
Now is the best time to start looking at the new bank account offers and promotions available. There is fierce competition between banks for your business so you should take advantage of this opportunity and get yourself a deal.
Debit cards with no foreign transaction fees
International transaction fees can add up to a lot of wasted money. These debit cards are great for travelling and online shopping and will save you money by waiving this annoying fee.
Ask an Expert