We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
- MOVE Bank has been a financial services provider for the Australian railways workforce since 1968. Through them, members can access a number of different banking accounts, each designed to suit a particular need. Employees of the Australian railway industry and their families are welcome to join and take advantage of any of credit union’s financial products and services.
Who is MOVE Bank?
Whether it be an account that takes care of your daily expenses, or a special savings product to see you through Christmas, MOVE Bank services are competitive with what you find at larger banks. Through features such as Internet banking and Visa debit cards linked to your account, you have full access to your savings whenever you want or the option to earn higher interest with limited access through term deposit accounts.
You are able register for the MOVE Internet banking system over the phone to help with managing your finances. You will also be given an access code and a guide that will help you in getting accustomed to banking online. Once set up, you will be able to make transactions through a number of different features.
Notable features include:
- Around the clock availability and access to your accounts via desktop, mobile or myMOVE Bank APP
- Funds transfer between your different MOVE Bank accounts
- Transfer funds to and from other Australian financial institutions
- Check your balances, transactions, and earned interest on your savings account
- Use BPAY to pay your bills online
- Confirm when your pay has been deposited or a cheque has been presented
- Receive statements electronically
What about the mobile app?Image Source: App Store
Menu Transfer Cards
What transaction accounts are offered by MOVE Bank?
- Everyday Saver. This account allows you to manage your daily finances without any monthly account keeping fee. You have the option of choosing whether you interest is calculated on your daily balance or on the minimum monthly balance.
What high interest savings accounts are offered by MOVE Bank?
- First Home Saver Club Account. Designed specifically to help you meet your down payment needs, this high interest savings account has no fees and access to your money when you need with no penalty.
- Christmas Saver. The Christmas Saver gives you an easy way to prepare for the holiday shopping season by allowing you to add to the account during the entire year and have the money, plus the interest earned, transferred to your Everyday Saver on the last day of October.
What term deposits are offered by MOVE Bank?
For a length of time that can range from three months to two years you can earn competitive interest on your savings at a fixed interest rate. The minimum deposit required by MOVE Bank is $5,000 with interest calculated daily and paid to you monthly or at one time when the term deposit reaches maturity.Back to top
What are the pros and cons of banking with MOVE Bank?Back to top
- Visa debit card. For at call accounts you have the choice of linking a Visa debit card for easy access to your funds.
- Fees. With most accounts you will not be charged a monthly account-keeping fee.
- ATM network. The transaction fees are reduced when you use a rediATMs or ATMs in the Westpac or StGeorge networks.
- Bank@Post. Withdrawals can be made at any one of the thousands of Bank@Post locations found in Australia using your Visa debit card.
- Bonus rate conditions apply. In order to receive the bonus interest rate on the First Home Christmas Saver, a minimum $200 monthly deposit must be made, and no withdrawals in the calendar month. Otherwise, only the base interest will be applied to the account.
How do I apply for a MOVE Bank?
To open an account, you need to submit an application form online. A MOVE Bank representative will be in touch.
More guides on Finder
MOVE Bank Term Deposit
With competitive interest rates and terms ranging from 3 to 24 months, a MOVE Bank Term Deposit can help you reach your financial goals.
Ask an Expert