Enjoy easy access to the equity in your home and 25 free transactions per month with a RAMS Line of Credit.
If you make additional repayments towards your home loan or the value of your property rises over time, the equity you have in your home will increase. If you want to access that equity to buy another property, pay for a holiday or any other expense, you will need a line of credit home loan.
The RAMS Line of Credit home loan provides a transactional facility with a fixed credit limit, allowing you to access additional funds to spend however you want. The funds can be accessed by a range of flexible methods, and no regular repayments are needed if the loan balance remains under your credit limit. In addition, borrowers can enjoy 25 free transactions per month across all access methods.
|Product Name||RAMS Line of Credit|
|Interest Rate Type||Variable|
|Interest Rate (p.a.)||5.40%|
|Comp Rate^ (p.a.)|
|Minimum Loan Amount||$15,000|
|Maximum Insured LVR||90%|
|Loan Redraw Facility||Yes|
|Split Loan Facility||Yes|
|Suitable for Investment||Yes|
|Repayment Type||Interest Only|
|Ongoing Fees||$20 monthly ($240 p.a.)|
- Maximum LVR of 90%
- Access funds through a debit card, BPAY, cheque or Bank@Post
- Low minimum loan amount of $15,000
- Application fee of $595
- Monthly account keeping fee of $20
- Loan settlement fee of $285
Things to consider about the RAMS Line of Credit
When you take out a line of credit loan to access the equity in your home, the property is used to secure that loan. With a RAMS Line of Credit, you can then access the funds you want via debit card, BPAY, cheque or Bank@Post.
If your loan balance stays under the approved credit limit of your loan, you will not have to make any regular repayments. However, you will have to repay the line of credit within the agreed loan term.
Interest is charged only on the outstanding loan balance, allowing you to keep interest payments to a minimum.
Features of the RAMS Line of Credit
The RAMS Line of Credit home loan offers the following features to borrowers:
- Loan size. The RAMS Line of Credit is available for loans of $15,000 or more. There is no maximum loan limit.
- Maximum LVR. The maximum LVR of this loan is 90% of the value of your property.
- Owner-occupiers and investors. The loan is available to owner-occupiers and also the owners of investment properties.
- Easy access. There are four ways to access your funds through a RAMS Line of Credit: debit card, BPAY, cheque or Bank@Post. Borrowers are entitled to 25 free transactions per month across all access methods.
- Interest-only payments. The RAMS Line of Credit is available with interest-only payments, but these are not required if you remain under your approved credit limit. If you exceed your credit limit, repayments can be made weekly, fortnightly or monthly.
- Redraw. The loan features a redraw facility with no minimum redraw amount.
- Value Advantage Package. Line of credit borrowers can also opt to take out the RAMS Value Advantage Package, which entitles you to a discounted interest rate and a range of other benefits.
- Application fee: $595. This fee covers the administrative costs of establishing your line of credit.
- Account-keeping fee: $20 per month. This fee covers the cost of maintaining your line of credit.
- Loan settlement fee: $285. This fee is charged upon the settlement of your RAMS Line of Credit.
- Discharge fee: $295 (plus legal costs). You must pay the discharge fee when you repay your loan.
Note that with this loan, the first valuation is free, but additional valuations cost $220 each.
How to apply for the RAMS Line of Credit
If you feel this is the right option for you, you can visit the RAMS website to either:
- Request a callback. Simply enter your phone number and desired callback time, or
- Arrange a meeting with a RAMS home loan specialist. You will need to provide your name, address, contact details and loan needs.
You will then be able to chat with a RAMS representative to decide whether a RAMS Line of Credit could be the right option for you. If you decide to apply for the loan you will need to provide:
- Details of your income and employment
- Information about your assets and liabilities
- Details of your property and the equity you have in your home
If you’re looking for a line of credit loan to provide you with flexible access to funds, compare the RAMS Line of Credit with other similar loans at finder.com.au today.