Commonwealth Bank Home Loans
Compare Commonwealth Bank home loan rates for October 2020.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
Competitive Commonwealth Bank rates for...
- Home buyers. The Commonwealth Bank Wealth Package Fixed Home Loan - 2 Year Fixed Rate With Wealth Package (Owner Occupier, P&I, $150k+) has a 2.29% p.a. interest rate and lets you borrow up to 95%.
- Investors. The Commonwealth Bank Wealth Package Fixed Home Loan - 3 Year Fixed Rate With Wealth Package (Investor, P&I, $150k+) has a 2.69% p.a. interest rate and lets you borrow up to 90%.
Compare Commonwealth Bank home loans
Compare Commonwealth Bank home loan products in the table below. You can also find more information on each individual product by clicking "more info".
Commonwealth Bank lender profile
- The Commonwealth Bank was founded by the Australian Government in 1911. Today it has more than 800,000 shareholders and employs 52,000 staff.
- The bank offers the full spectrum of financial services, including a wide range of home loans.
- It is one of the largest banks in Australia, with branches across the country and a robust online banking platform, including an app.
Commonwealth Bank mortgage features
The Commonwealth Bank has a range of mortgages for many types of borrowers. It offers loans for first home buyers, investors, those looking to refinance, and those who want to access their existing home equity.
|Deposit size||You can borrow up to 95 % with some Commonwealth Bank mortgages.|
|Split rate||Most Commonwealth Bank mortgages allow you to split your loan into fixed and variable portions.|
|Interest only||Many CBA mortgages have interest only rates for investors and owner occupiers, including the Extra Home Loan and Fixed Rate Wealth Package.|
|Package Benefits||The Fixed Rate Wealth Package offers special interest rates and discounts on selected credit cards.|
How do I apply for a Commonwealth Bank mortgage?
You can apply for a Commonwealth Bank home loan through the bank's website, via a branch or through a qualified mortgage broker whose lending panel includes the Commonwealth Bank and other lenders. They can offer you free advice and guidance on the product you're interested in.
Each Commonwealth Bank product has specific eligibility criteria but some will apply to all products. For example:
- Age. You must be over 18 years of age.
- Residency. You should be a resident of Australia.
- Employment. You should have a regular source of income.
When you apply for a mortgage with the Commonwealth Bank you are required to provide certain information so make sure you have all your documents ready before you apply. The documents you will be expected to provide are:
- Identification documents. You will need identification such as a driver's license, passport or birth certificate.
- Proof of income documents. Recent payslips can establish your income.
- Asset and liability documents. You need to provide documents showing your current assets (savings accounts, investments) and liabilities (your outstanding debt).
Looking for more mortgage options?
More guides on Finder
Commonwealth Bank Extra Home Loan
Enjoy flexibility and competitive discounted rates with one of Australia's biggest lenders.
How to fill in the CBA discharge authority form
Need to fill out a Commonwealth Bank discharge authority form for your mortgage? Here’s how to do it, plus some competitive refinancing deals to consider.
Commonwealth Bank Viridian Line of Credit
Your guide to the Commonwealth Bank's Viridian Line of Credit loan.
Commonwealth Bank Fixed Rate Wealth Package Home Loan Review
Combine your home loan with other Commonwealth bank products and save money.
Commonwealth Bank Fixed Rate Home Loan
Learn more about the Commonwealth Bank Fixed Rate Home Loan.
Commonwealth Bank Wealth Package
The Commonwealth Bank Wealth Package offers you a range of discounts on loans, credit cards, insurance and everyday banking.
Home Loan OffersImportant Information*
Up to $3,000 refinance cashback. A flexible and competitive variable rate loan. Eligible borrowers refinancing $250,000 or more can get $2,000 cashback per property plus a bonus $1,000 for their first application. Other conditions apply.
Up to $4,000 refinance cashback. A competitive variable rate loan from St.George. Refinancers borrowing $250,000 or more can get $4,000 cashback (Other terms, conditions and exclusions apply).
A competitive variable rate mortgage for owner occupiers $0 application and $0 ongoing fees. This interest rate falls over time as you pay off the loan.
Take advantage of a low-fee mortgage with a special interest rate of just 2.49% p.a. and a 2.49% p.a. comparison rate.
Ask an Expert