Compare home loans from an organisation with years of experience.
Australian Unity is an organisation with a history that dates back over 170 years. It provides financial, healthcare and retirement living services to around 600,000 customers and more than 320,000 members across Australia.
Australian Unity boasts more than 1,800 employees across New South Wales, Queensland, Victoria and South Australia.
Australian Unity Home Loan Offer
With the Australian Unity Kick Starter Home Loan with no ongoing fees and get 10% off Australian Unity Health Insurance.
- Interest rate of 3.79% p.a.
- Comparison rate of 3.82% p.a.
- Application fee of $600
- Maximum LVR: 80%
- Minimum borrowing: $200,000
- Max borrowing: $1,000,000
Compare Australian Unity Home Loans
Rates last updated July 28th, 2017.
- Australian Unity Wealth Builder Investor Package Home Loan - Variable, P&I
Comparative rate decreases by 0.45% | Interest rate decreases by 0.45%
August 15th, 2016
- Australian Unity Kick Starter Home Loan
Interest rate now 3.79%
May 4th, 2017
- Australian Unity Health, Wealth and Happiness Package - (Owner Occupier, P&I)
Interest rate is now 3.99%
May 4th, 2017
What does Australian Unity do?
Australian Unity offers homes loans for property purchasers or refinancers, whether they're owner occupiers or investors. In addition, you can also apply for an Australian Unity home loan if you wish to consolidate your debts. Depending on how much you want to borrow, they have different options from which to choose, and in all instances you get more than enough repayment flexibility.
When you apply for an Australian Unity home loan you can look forward to competitive interest rates, and if you’re borrowing more than $500,000 you can expect an even better rate. Another benefit is that on some of their loans you won’t be charged application fees, valuation fees, and monthly account-keeping fees. Account access for all these loans comes through online banking, phone banking, ATM, EFTPOS and BPAY.
Home loans provided by Australian Unity
Standard Variable Home Loan
This variable rate home loan offered by Australian Unity does not attract any annual fee, but you have to pay a loan establishment fee of $600. You can use funds from this loan to buy a home you wish to occupy or for investment purposes, as well as for loan refinancing or debt consolidation.
This loan gives you the option to make unlimited extra repayments without charging any penalty. It also enables you to redraw money you’ve paid in the form of extra repayments through an unlimited redraw facility. Make repayments weekly, fortnightly, or monthly, as per your convenience. The available loan term is up to 30 years.
Health, Wealth and Happiness Package
With this package you have the option of either a variable or fixed rate home loan with great discounts off the interest rates. Include either the Australian Unity Cash Rewards or Classic Low Rate Credit Card and a transaction account and pay no annual fees.
This package also includes a 10% discount off Australian Unity Health Insurance and a $100 credit if you purchase home and contents insurance with Allianz though Australian Unity.
Features of Australian Unity home loans
- Unlimited extra repayments. You can make extra repayments at any time during the course of the loan without worrying about paying a penalty. This enables you to pay your loan off sooner .
- Unlimited redraws. Australian Unity loans give you the ability to redraw any extra repayments you've made. This service does not attract any fee, it does not come with any limitations, and you can access funds 24-hours after lodgement. Access to this money comes through a direct debit card, ATMs, EFTPOS merchants, online banking as well as phone banking.
- Package options. With their Health, Wealth and Happiness Package you get discounts off the already competitive interest rates. You can also package in a fee free transaction account, no annual fee credit card as well as 10% discount off Australian Unity Health Insurance and $100 Allianz home and contents insurance credit.
How to apply for an Australian Unity home loan
To initiate an application for an Australian Unity home loan you need to have the following documents and information ready:
Documents needed to apply for an Australian Unity home loan
To apply for any of these loans you have to provide documents that prove your identity, and you might have to submit copies of the following:
- Your Australian driver’s license
- Your Australian passport
- Your Medicare card
You also have to submit information about the home you wish to purchase, which can include copies of the following:
- Transfer of land certificate
- Certificate of title
- Contract of sale
Australian Unity goes through your financial information to establish your ability to borrow and make timely repayments. As a result, keep the following handy during the application process.
- A list of all your assets and liabilities
- Details of your annual income from all sources
- Details of your monthly expenditure