Borrow from a bank only interested in helping Australians like you.
ME, or Member's Equity, was established in 1994 by Industry Super Funds. ME offers a range of home loans, bank accounts, credit cards and business banking products to suit a diverse range of financial needs.
ME offers a range of products, including fixed and variable rate home loans, savings accounts and personal loans. As of November 2012 ME decided to do away with bricks and mortar branches. Customers can apply and access loans or savings accounts completely online, via the telephone or through a mobile banker.
Not having a retail branch system means ME can offer competitive interest rates and low fees.
ME Home Loan Offer
Get the ME Basic Home Loan - LVR <=80% Owner Occupier home loan and pay no application or ongoing fees.
- Interest Rate of 4.09% p.a.
- Comparison Rate of 4.11% p.a.
- Application Fee of $0
- Maximum LVR: 80%
- Minimum Borrowing: $40,000
Compare ME Home Loans
What home loans do ME offer?
ME offers different home loans products which each suit different purposes and all are available for both owner occupier and investment purposes, so have a look below to find out the features each one has:
Basic Home Loan
This is a no-frills home loan which comes with a low interest rate, flexible repayment options and a high maximum LVR without expensive features you may not need.
ME doesn't charge application or annual fees, and also offers interest-only terms for up to 10 years with this loan.
ME Basic Home Loan
Flexible Home Loan
The Flexible Home Loan from ME offers a range of features for borrowers, and is available with variable, fixed or split rates.
Like the Basic Home Loan, the Flexible Home Loan comes with a high maximum LVR and flexible repayment options, as well as a redraw facility, offset account and interest-only options.
The loan is also available with the Member Package at a cost of $395 a year, allowing borrowers to save on a number of fees, including the valuation and solicitors fees. The Member Package also offers a lower interest rate.
ME Flexible Home Loan
Further discounts are available for borrowers who take out all of their main accounts with ME. ME Flexible Home Loans are available with the Members Package for those customers who are willing to pay an annual fee in exchange for lower interest rates and discounts on fees and other ME products.
In addition to having your credit, transaction and savings accounts with ME, you’ll also need to pay an annual fee of $395 to be able to take advantage of the Members Package. The Members Package offers benefits such as:
- No annual fees with your ME Low Rate MasterCard, saving you $49
- No valuation fees with your loan, saving borrowers around $150
- No legal fees, saving borrowers approximately $150
- No fee for fixing all or part of your loan, saving $150
Even with ME's low fee home loans the fee for the Members Package is offset by $499 of savings at the onset of the loan. You can then save more each year through the further interest rate discount.
ME Flexible Home Loan with Members Package
Features of ME loans:
ME's products are suitable for first home buyers, self-employed borrowers, those looking to refinance, and finally those hoping to build or renovate their homes. ME’s loans may offer the following features:
- High maximum LVR: Most loans from ME have a maximum loan-to-value ratio (LVR) of 95%, meaning borrowers need only a 5% deposit. It should be noted, though, that you'll have to pay a lenders mortgage insurance (LMI) premium if your LVR is greater than 80%. The premium you will pay depends on the property value and the size of your deposit.
- Members discount: If you take out the Member's Package, you'll receive a lower interest rate on your home loan. The annual fee for this package is $395, and you’ll receive larger rate discounts again.
- Free redraw: Each of the loans on offer from ME has a free redraw facility attached to it. This means you can make additional repayments on your loan, and then withdraw any of these additional funds free of charge in the event of an emergency or for large purchases.
- Repayments: With most ME home loans you can choose to make your repayments weekly, fortnightly or monthly. Interest-only loans, however, must be repaid monthly.
What do I do if I’m interested in a product?
If you are interested in finding out more about one of the loans listed above you can click through to the product's review page or go to the ME website.
Before contacting ME directy be sure you meet their cirteria of eligibilty for a home loan below:
- Aged 18 years and above
- Are a citizen or permanent resident of Australia or New Zealand
Once confirming that you are eligible you can contact ME to organise a time to discuss your situation with an ME mobile banker. All you need to do is type in your name, email address, phone number, postcode and the loan amount and product you’re interested in, and a specialist will contact you.