Teachers Mutual Bank has a range of mortgages for teachers, education sector employees and their families.
Teachers Mutual Bank's lowest rate for...
- Home buyers. The Teachers Mutual Bank Classic Home Loan - Owner Occupier has a 3.42% p.a. interest rate and lets you borrow up to 85%.
- Investors. The Teachers Mutual Bank Fixed Option Home Loan - 3 Year (Investor) has a 3.35% p.a. interest rate and lets you borrow up to 90%.
Compare Teachers Mutual Bank home loans
Compare Teachers Mutual Bank home loan products below and hit "load more" to see a fuller selection of loans. You can also find more information on each individual product by clicking "more info".
Teachers Mutual Bank lender profile
- Teachers Mutual Bank started in 1966. Now it's one of Australia's largest mutual banks, with over $7 billion in assets.
- Teachers Mutual Bank consists of UniBank, Health Professionals Bank and Firefighters Mutual Bank (in addition to the Teachers Mutual Bank brand).
- The bank is committed to sustainability and ethical business practices.
Teachers Mutual Bank mortgage features
Teachers Mutual Bank has fixed and variable home loans for investors and owner occupiers.
|Deposit size||Some Teachers Mutual Bank mortgages let you borrow up to 95% of a property's value. Many have a maximum insured LVR of 90 or 80%.|
|Customer owned banking||Teachers Mutual Bank is a member of the Customer Owned Banking Code of Practice. The lender is focused on the financial wellbeing of members.|
|Membership||Membership for the bank is predominantly available for teachers, whether currently serving, retired or studying for future employment in the industry, as well as their immediate family members.|
|Offset account||Many of Teachers Mutual Bank's products come with an offset account, including the Teachers Mutual Bank Fixed Option Home Loan and the Teachers Mutual Bank Solutions Plus Home Loan.|
How do I apply for a Teachers Mutual Bank mortgage?
Click on any Teachers Mutual Bank product in the comparison table to learn more about the product.
To join Teachers Mutual Bank you must be a teacher or some other form of education sector employee, or a family member of someone who is.
Each Teachers Mutual Bank product have specific eligibility criteria but some will apply to all products. For example:
- Age. You must be over 18 years of age.
- Residency. You should be a resident of Australia.
- Employment. You should have a regular source of income.
When you apply for a mortgage with Teachers Mutual Bank you are required to provide certain information so make sure you have all your documents ready before you apply. The documents you will be expected to provide are:
- Identification documents. You will need identification such as a driver's license, passport or birth certificate.
- Proof of income documents. Recent payslips can establish your income.
- Asset and liability documents. You need to provide documents showing your current assets (savings accounts, investments) and liabilities (your outstanding debt).