Firefighters Mutual Bank home loans
Compare home loan rates from Firefighters Mutual Bank.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Competitive Firefighters Mutual Bank rates for...
- Home buyers. The Firefighters Mutual Bank Fixed Home Loan - 1 Year Fixed (Owner Occupier) has a 2.05% p.a. interest rate and lets you borrow up to 95%.
- Investors. The Firefighters Mutual Bank Fixed Home Loan - 1 Year Fixed (Investor) has a 2.35% p.a. interest rate and lets you borrow up to 90%.
Compare Firefighters Mutual Bank home loans
Compare Firefighters Mutual Bank home loan products below and hit "load more" to see a fuller selection of loans.
Firefighters Mutual Bank lender profile
- Firefighters Mutual Bank started in 1968 as the Fire Board (NSW) Employees Credit Union. Now it operates Australia-wide.
- Firefighters Mutual Bank is now a division of Teachers Mutual Bank. It is a member-owned organisation and offers car and personal loans, credit cards, insurance and savings and transaction accounts.
- Firefighters Mutual Bank is open to current and retired employees of emergency services organisation (including volunteers) and their families.
How do I apply for a Firefighters Mutual Bank mortgage?
If you'd like to apply for a home loan from Firefighters Mutual Bank, please contact the lender directly.
Each Firefighters Mutual Bank product has specific eligibility criteria but some will apply to all products. For example:
- Age. You must be over 18 years of age.
- Residency. You should be a resident of Australia.
- Employment. You should have a regular source of income.
When you apply for a mortgage with Firefighters Mutual Bank you are required to provide certain information so make sure you have all your documents ready before you apply. The documents you will be expected to provide are:
- Identification documents. You will need identification such as a driver's license, passport or birth certificate.
- Proof of income documents. Recent payslips can establish your income.
- Asset and liability documents. You need to provide documents showing your current assets (savings accounts, investments) and liabilities (your outstanding debt).
Looking for more mortgage options?
More guides on Finder
Afterpay hangover? Beware of impact on home loan approval
Off the back of Christmas spending, a finance expert has warned that your Afterpay habits could negatively impact your home loan application.
It’s official: Comparing home loans saves you big money
Lenders often give discounts to new borrowers, but not to loyal existing customers. Here's how to work out if you're being charged too much.
What is LVR on a home loan?
Your guide to home loan LVRs and how you can determine your loan to value ratio.
When does your owner occupier loan become an investment loan?
Do you have to tell your lender if you rent out a room and turn your mortgage into an investment loan?
Owner-occupier home loans
Need an owner-occupier home loan? Compare rates, understand home owner tax rules and more.
Nano promises faster mobile home loans, with payment features on top
Borrowers will be able to tap their phone and buy a coffee – via their home loan.
2-hour home loan approval: Can it happen?
A new partnership between digital bank 86 400 and Mortgage Choice aims to deliver unconditional home approval within as little as two hours – can it really happen?
Bank of Mum and Dad: 44% of parents subsidise the lives of their adult kids
From buying a home to bankrolling holidays, the “Bank of Mum and Dad” remains open for business according to new research by Finder, Australia’s most visited comparison site.
Firefighters Mutual Bank Credit Card
This low rate credit card has a $0 annual fee and is available to firefighters and other service workers or volunteers.
What does it mean for you if we’re no longer in a recession?
The recession is apparently over – but what does this actually mean for your money, and what impact does it have on your savings, loans and investments?
Home Loan OffersImportant Information*
Up to $3,000 refinance cashback. A flexible and competitive variable rate loan. Eligible borrowers refinancing $250,000 or more can get $2,000 cashback per property plus a bonus $1,000 for their first application. Other conditions apply.
Up to $4,000 refinance cashback. With this competitive variable rate loan from St.George, refinancers borrowing $250,000+ can get up $4,000 cashback and borrow up to 90% of the property's value. (Terms, conditions & exclusions apply).
A competitive variable rate mortgage for owner occupiers $0 application and $0 ongoing fees. This interest rate falls over time as you pay off the loan.
Ask an Expert