Athena Home Loans
This innovative fintech lender offers low rates for borrowers through its efficient digital platform.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
Athena is a fintech mortgage provider that use its technology to streamline the home loan process and deliver low rates to borrowers.
Compare Athena Home Loans
Compare Athena home loan products below. "Go to site" will direct you to Athena’s website for the product you selected. You can also find more information on each individual product by clicking "more info".
Athena lender profile
- Athena is an innovative online-only fintech backed by Macquarie Bank, Square Peg, Hostplus, Rice Warner, Apex Capital, Resimac Group and Airtree Ventures.
- The company launched its first products in February 2019 and has an efficient digital platform and phone support.
- Athena uses bank-level encryption to keep customer data safe.
A fintech lender, not a neobank
Athena is an Australian fintech company but it is not a neobank. New digital banks like Xinja, Up and Volt Bank offer similar high-tech finance solutions, but they are competing with traditional banks in areas such as savings accounts and payments. Athena is solely focused on mortgages.
Athena mortgage features
At the moment, Athena has a single product with different rates for owner occupiers and investors.
|Deposit size||You can borrow up to 80% with an Athena mortgage.|
|Rate match||Unlike many lenders, Athena promises that its lowest rate for new customers will always be the same for existing customers. In other words, you'll automatically have Athena's lowest rate for your mortgage type, every time.|
|Redraw||Athena mortgages have fee-free redraw facilities.|
|Rate reductions||As you repay your loan and your equity builds, Athena will gradually reduce your home loan rate. Borrowers with 60% loan-to-value ratios unlock the lowest interest rates.|
|Digital innovation||Athena is a completely digital lender (with online and phone support). If you have all your details ready you can apply quickly online.|
How do I apply for an Athena mortgage?
Clicking "Go to Site" on Athena's comparison table will start your application process and redirect you through to their website.
Each Athena product has specific eligibility criteria but some will apply to all products. For example:
- Age. You must be over 18 years of age.
- Residency. You should be a resident of Australia. You must be living in a capital or large regional city to get an Athena mortgage.
- Employment. You should have a regular source of income.
When you apply for a mortgage with Athena you are required to provide certain information so make sure you have all your documents ready before you apply. The documents you will be expected to provide are:
- Identification documents. You will need identification such as a driver's license, passport or birth certificate.
- Proof of income documents. Recent payslips can establish your income.
- Asset and liability documents. You need to provide documents showing your current assets (savings accounts, investments) and liabilities (your outstanding debt).
Looking for more mortgage options?
More guides on Finder
Athena Home Loan Review
Get a competitive mortgage offer from Athena, a digital Australian lender. Compare rates for home owners and investors.
Home Loan OffersImportant Information*
Up to $3,000 refinance cashback. A flexible and competitive variable rate loan. Eligible borrowers refinancing $250,000 or more can get $2,000 cashback per property plus a bonus $1,000 for their first application. Other conditions apply.
Up to $4,000 refinance cashback. A competitive variable rate loan from St.George. Refinancers borrowing $250,000 or more can get $4,000 cashback (Other terms, conditions and exclusions apply).
A competitive variable rate mortgage for owner occupiers $0 application and $0 ongoing fees. This interest rate falls over time as you pay off the loan.
Take advantage of a low-fee mortgage with a special interest rate of just 2.49% p.a. and a 2.49% p.a. comparison rate.