Take advantage of an international bank with a wealth of experience when you buy your home.
HSBC has been operating in Australia since 1965, and offers a range of home loan products to make repaying your mortgage as affordable as possible, and rewarding you for your continued loyalty to your local bank.
Compare HSBC home loans
What home loans does HSBC offer?
- The Home Value basic variable home loan. The HSBC basic variable home offers a competitive interest rate and allows unlimited, free additional repayments. If you do find you need to redraw some of those additional repayments in an emergency you can, but fees apply.
- Fixed rate home loan. The HSBC fixed rate home loan gives you security against rising interest rates and can help you save even more by allowing additional repayments of up to $10,000 per year. You can also use the fixed rate loan as a low doc borrower, and can add a HSBC package if you are looking for more functionality.
- Market linked loan. As the world’s bank HSBC can offer completive deals on international financial products and their Market Linked Loan allows expatriates or investors who are earning an income in Hong Kong or the US to purchase an investment property in Australia. The maximum LVR allowed is 60% but you are able to match your repayments to your income.
- Home equity line of credit. You can borrow against the equity in your home up to an LVR of 80% and depending on how much equity you have available, and whether you want it for renovations, investments, a holiday or bill paying you can operate your HSBC line of credit loan as an all in one loan, with varying transaction inclusions.
Benefits of a home loan with HSBC
You can apply for most HSBC home loans as an individual, an owner occupier, for investment purposes or as a company or trust. If your home loan exceeds $500,000 you can be eligible for HSBC Premier. This includes:
- A 50% discount on loan establishment fees.
- An ongoing discounted interest rate on a fixed or variable rate.
- Discounted personal loan products.
Calculate your repayments by filling in some of your details
How do I apply for an HSBC home loan?
You can for HSBC loans by phone, online or in person.
You will need to supply 100 points of identification, verification of your employment and proof of income. You will also have to provide details of all your debts and assets.
Once you apply for the loan, HSBC's credit department will look over the details of your loan. If you look like you are suited to the loan then you will be given conditional approval. Once you get conditional approval you will then have to provide all the documents talked about earlier and if they all match your application then you will be given unconditional approval. You will then receive a letter of offer from the bank and once you read them you will sign and return the documents. Once all the documents are supplied the sale of the property can be organised.