St.George Vertigo Platinum – Cashback Offer
No longer offered in the market
The St.George Vertigo Platinum - Cashback Offer is no longer available for new applications. However, we’ve kept the information online for the benefit of existing customers and for those who are interested.
|Product Name||St.George Vertigo Platinum - Cashback Offer - DISCONTINUED|
|Balance transfer rate||6.99% p.a. for 12 months|
|Balance transfer revert rate||Cash Advance Rate (21.49% p.a.)|
|Balance transfer limit||80% of available limit|
|Purchase rate||12.99% p.a.|
|Interest-free period||Up to 55 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate||21.49% p.a.|
|Min credit limit||$6,000|
|Max credit limit||$80,000|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
- $300 cashback offer
- Low purchase rate of 12.99% p.a.
- Complimentary overseas travel insurance and purchase insurance covers
- Does not offer any introductory rate on purchases
- Platinum-tier card that does not offer a rewards program
- Charges a 3% foreign currency conversion fee
|Minimum monthly repayment||2% of the closing balance or $10, whichever is greater|
|Late payment fee||$15|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
|Cash advance fee||2% or $2.50, whichever is greater|
|Overseas cash advance fee||2% of the value of the transaction or minimum charge of $2.50|
|Additional cardholder fee||$0|
|Number of additional cardholders||3|
How to applyYou can apply for the St.George Vertigo Platinum online in around 10 minutes and can receive a response instantly. Before you apply, make sure you meet the eligibility criteria and organise the necessary documents:
- Residency. In order to apply online, you must be a permanent Australian resident or citizen.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years old to apply.
- Credit history. You must have a good credit score and history to apply.
- Balance transfer. If there is a balance transfer rate available and you plan to transfer a debt, St.George allows you to transfer from $200 up to 80% of your available credit limit from up to three Australian-issued cards not from St.George, Bank of Melbourne or BankSA.
- Personal details. This includes your full name, email address, date of birth, driver's licence number, marital status, number of dependents and contact number.
- Proof of identification. At least two of the following: Driver's licence, Medicare card, Passport, Australian birth certificate or NSW photo card.
- Finances. You'll need to include your primary income details, as well as information regarding your assets, savings, investments and expenses. This includes the repayment amounts and balances owing on any liabilities.
- Employment. You'll need to include your employer's name and contact details. If you're self-employed, you'll need to include recent tax information.
- Balance transfer details. If there is a balance transfer rate available and you plan to transfer a debt(s), you'll be asked to list how much debt you're applying to transfer as well as details regarding the account(s) you're moving it from.
- $300 cashback. You'll get $300 back to your new St.George Vertigo Platinum card when you apply by 30 June 2021, are approved and spend $900 on eligible purchases within the first 90 days from card approval. Eligible spending covers most everyday purchases. Transactions that won't count towards this spend requirement include BPAY payments, cash advance transactions, a purchase from or payment to a government or government related agency, balance transfers and account fees and charges. The $300 will be added to your credit card account as a statement credit within 60 days of meeting the spending requirement.
- Overseas travel insurance cover. You and your family will be covered for hospital and medical expenses, unexpected trip cancellation and rental vehicle excess for up to 6 months when you put at least $500 of your prepaid travel costs on your St.George Vertigo Platinum card.
- Domestic flight inconvenience insurance. You and your family will be covered for interstate holidays of up to 14 days for delays, rental vehicle excess and loss or damage to personal items.
- Purchase insurance. When you make a new purchase using your card, you'll be covered against theft, loss or damage for up to 4 months.
- Price guarantee cover. This cover allows you to claim the difference in price back on an eligible purchase if you find it cheaper within 21 days, up to $300.
- Extended warranty insurance. This cover extends your warranty by up to 12 months on a manufacturer's expressed Australian warranty.
- Balance transfer offer. Save on interest costs when paying off existing debt with 6.99% p.a. balance transfer offer for up to 12 months with no balance transfer fee. Any remaining balance after the promotional period ends is subject to the cash advance rate.
- Mobile payment technology. By adding this card to your Apple Pay, Google Pay or Samsung Pay wallet, you can easily make tap and go payments straight from your phone or other eligible devices.
Rates & fees
- Annual fee. This card charges a standard annual fee of $99.
- Purchase rate. This card charges a competitively low variable purchase rate of 12.99% p.a.
- Cash advances. The St.George Vertigo Platinum charges a variable cash advance rate of 21.49% p.a. Cash advance transactions are also subject to a fee of 2% of the transaction amount ($2.50 minimum, capped at $150).
- Interest-free days. When you pay your monthly payment balance in full, which excludes current balance transfers, listed on your statement by the payment due date, you will receive up to 55 days interest-free on new purchases. Note that interest-free days are separate from any longer-term interest rate promotions.
- Foreign currency conversion fee. Transactions made in a foreign currency are subject to a fee of 3% of the Australian dollar value.
- Additional cardholders. For no extra cost, you can add up to 3 additional cardholders to your account.