The ME Frank credit card is no longer available for new applications. But we have kept the information on this review available for existing customers and anyone else who is interested.
ME Frank credit card
- Balance transfer rate with no balance transfer fee
- 11.99% p.a.
- Purchase rate
- 11.99% p.a.
- Annual fee
- $0 p.a.
- Interest-free on purchases
- Up to 55 days
The ME Frank Credit Card is no longer available for new applications. If you're an existing cardholder, your account will remain open. So, we've kept the details here for current customers and anyone else who is interested.
A low 11.99% p.a. interest rate on purchases and cash advances
Ongoing $0 p.a. annual fee
No rewards program, insurance or other perks
|Product Name||ME Frank Credit Card - DISCONTINUED|
|Balance transfer rate p.a.||11.99%|
|Purchase rate p.a.||11.99%|
|Interest-free period||Up to 55 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate p.a.||11.99%|
|Min credit limit||$1,000|
|Max credit limit||$15,000|
|Available to temporary residents||No|
|Minimum monthly repayment||3% of the closing balance or $10, whichever is greater|
|Late payment fee||$10|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||1.5%|
|Cash advance fee||2% or $4, whichever is greater|
|Overseas cash advance fee||2% of transaction amount or $4 (whichever is greater)|
|Additional cardholder fee||$0|
|Number of additional cardholders||8|
How to apply
You can apply for the ME Frank credit card online in around 5–10 minutes. To get started, make sure you meet the eligibility criteria and have the required documents and details on hand for a quick application process.
- Minimum income. You must earn a minimum of $25,000 p.a. a year to apply for this card.
- Residency. You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- Credit history. You must have a good credit history.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years old to apply.
- Personal details. This includes your full name, date of birth, email address, mobile number, residential address, residential status and driver's licence number or passport.
- Employment details. This includes your position, salary and your employer's name and contact details. If you're self-employed, you may need to provide your accountant's details and your previous Australian Taxation Office statements.
- Financial information. This includes details of your income and assets (such as savings or investments), as well as any existing debts and financial commitments such as bills.
- $0 p.a. annual fee. This card does not charge an annual fee.
- Low interest rate. The ME Frank credit card charges a competitive variable interest rate of 11.99% p.a. This rate applies to purchases, balance transfers and cash advances.
- Secure shopping. When you shop online, in-store, or over the phone your transactions will be protected against fraud by Mastercard’s Zero Liability Policy. This policy covers you for fraudulent transactions as long as you exercise care when making purchases, keep your account in good standing, and notify ME of the loss, theft or unauthorised use of your card immediately.
- Temporary lock protection. This card allows you to temporarily lock your card through internet banking if you ever misplace it. When you find it again, you can unblock it.
- Contactless payments. Save time at the checkout by using your card to "tap and go" without the need for a PIN when you make purchases under $100.
- Mastercard Priceless Cities. Gain access to Mastercard's Priceless Cities perks and exclusive experiences.
Rates & fees
- Interest-free period. When you pay your balance back in full for the previous statement period, you can take advantage of up to 55 days interest-free on purchases. The actual length of time will depend on when you make the purchase in your payment cycle, starting from the first day of your statement cycle. For example, purchases made on the first day of a new statement period will be eligible for 55 days interest-free, the purchases made on the second day would get 54 days, and so on.
- Cash advance fee. When you withdraw money using your card or make another cash advance transaction you'll be charged a fee of 2% of transaction amount or $4 (whichever is greater).
- ME currency conversion fee. ME applies a fee of 1.5% of any foreign currency converted into Australian dollars.
- Mastercard currency conversion. This card has a Mastercard cross-border fee of of the amount of any transaction where the merchant is not held in Australia. Note that this fee is payable to Mastercard International.
- Additional cardholders. You can request to add up to 8 additional cardholders onto your account at no extra charge. You will still receive one statement for the account, and be responsible for all transactions and repayments.
You are about to post a question on finder.com.au:
- Do not enter personal information (eg. surname, phone number, bank details) as your question will be made public
- finder.com.au is a financial comparison and information service, not a bank or product provider
- We cannot provide you with personal advice or recommendations
- Your answer might already be waiting – check previous questions below to see if yours has already been asked
May 18, 2023
I am on a Disability pension and earn over $25,000 which is required to apply for the C/C but I am actually unemployed so will that stop me from qualifying for the card?
Sarah Megginson Finder
May 19, 2023
We’re not licenced to provide personal financial advice, so we recommend you contact them directly to assist with your enquiry. You can reach them on 13 15 63.
Best of luck!
March 28, 2019
I have just got a Credit Card from MeBank. I would like to know that does my Credit Card include a travel Insurence when I pay the air tickets foroverseas?
I look forward to hearing from you soon.
March 29, 2019
Thanks for reaching out!
Upon checking, the ME frank credit card does not have complimentary travel insurance. If you are still looking for credit cards with complimentary travel insurance using or comparison table or get a quote from our list of travel insurance providers.
Before applying, please ensure that you meet all the eligibility criteria and read through the details of the needed requirements as well as the relevant Product Disclosure Statements/Terms and Conditions when comparing your options before making a decision on whether it is right for you. You can also contact the provider if you have specific questions.
Hope this was helpful. Don’t hesitate to message us back if you have more questions.
Show more Show less
December 06, 2018
Which bank issues ME Frank credit cards?
Eddie - Accoountant of Tamara
October 14, 2018
What is the quickest likely turnaround time from initial credit card application to finalized and available credit card
John Basanes Finder
October 15, 2018
Thank you for your question.
According to our review on credit card application length and standard waiting period, the process may take 5-10 business days depending on the card issuer. See our guide on how to check your credit card application status. Hope this helps!
Show more Show less
May 02, 2018
Good morning, My husband wants to apply for ME credit card. He will be working for a different company from next Monday 7/05/2018 after 3 years with present company doing the same work. Will this affect his application. His choice to change.
Jeni Velasco Finder
May 04, 2018
Thank you for getting in touch with finder.
As you click on the application requirements tab it says that the minimum income is $25,000. If you husband has the proof of having that minimum income or more then you have nothing to worry about applying for this card even if he is changing jobs.
Please note: “You can apply for the ME frank credit card online in around 5–10 minutes. To get started, make sure you meet the eligibility criteria and have the required documents and details on hand for a quick application process.”
Employment details. This includes your position, salary and your employer’s name and contact details. If your self-employed, you may need to provide your accountant’s details and your previous Australian Taxation Office statements.
As a friendly reminder, while we do not represent any company we feature on our pages, we can offer you general advice.
I hope this helps.
Have a great day!
Show more Show less