ME frank credit card
Keep interest costs low and pay no annual fee with the ME frank credit card.
The ME frank credit card offers an ongoing $0 p.a. annual fee and a low variable interest rate of 11.99% p.a. for purchases, balance transfers and cash advances.
It also offers up to 55 days interest-free on purchases, contactless payments and security features to help keep your account safe.
Balance transfer rate
Interest free period
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
|Product Name||ME frank Credit Card|
|Balance transfer rate||11.99% p.a.|
|Purchase rate||11.99% p.a.|
|Interest-free period||55 days|
|Cash advance rate||11.99% p.a.|
|Min credit limit||$1,000|
|Max credit limit||$15,000|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||1.5%|
|Available to temporary residents||No|
- A low 11.99% p.a. interest rate on purchases and cash advances
- Ongoing $0 p.a. annual fee
- No rewards program, insurance or other perks
|Minimum monthly repayment||3% of the closing balance or $10, whichever is greater|
|Late payment fee||$25|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||1.5%|
|Cash advance fee||2% or $4, whichever is greater|
|Overseas cash advance fee||2% of transaction amount or $4 (whichever is greater)|
|Additional cardholder fee||$0|
|Number of additional cardholders||8|
Amy Bradney-George is the acting editor for credit cards and has more than 13 years’ experience writing about personal finance. She has bylines in publications including The Sydney Morning Herald, ABC News and The Equity Magazine. A passionate writer, she’s also acting editor for Finder X and senior writer for Finder Green. Amy has a Bachelor of Arts in Journalism and Drama from Griffith University, and when she’s not writing she spends her time as an actress.
How to apply
You can apply for the ME frank credit card online in around 5–10 minutes. To get started, make sure you meet the eligibility criteria and have the required documents and details on hand for a quick application process.
- Minimum income. You must earn a minimum of $25,000 p.a. a year to apply for this card.
- Residency. You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- Credit history. You must have a good credit history.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years old to apply.
- Personal details. This includes your full name, date of birth, email address, mobile number, residential address, residential status and driver's licence number or passport.
- Employment details. This includes your position, salary and your employer's name and contact details. If you're self-employed, you may need to provide your accountant's details and your previous Australian Taxation Office statements.
- Financial information. This includes details of your income and assets (such as savings or investments), as well as any existing debts and financial commitments such as bills.
- $0 p.a. annual fee. This card does not charge an annual fee.
- Low interest rate. The ME frank credit card charges a competitive variable interest rate of 11.99% p.a. This rate applies to purchases, balance transfers and cash advances.
- Secure shopping. When you shop online, in-store, or over the phone your transactions will be protected against fraud by Mastercard’s Zero Liability Policy. This policy covers you for fraudulent transactions as long as you exercise care when making purchases, keep your account in good standing, and notify ME of the loss, theft or unauthorised use of your card immediately.
- Temporary lock protection. This card allows you to temporarily lock your card through internet banking if you ever misplace it. When you find it again, you can unblock it.
- Contactless payments. Save time at the checkout by using your card to "tap and go" without the need for a PIN when you make purchases under $100.
- Mastercard Priceless Cities. Gain access to Mastercard's Priceless Cities perks and exclusive experiences.
Rates & fees
- Interest-free period. When you pay your balance back in full for the previous statement period, you can take advantage of up to 55 days interest-free on purchases. The actual length of time will depend on when you make the purchase in your payment cycle, starting from the first day of your statement cycle. For example, purchases made on the first day of a new statement period will be eligible for 55 days interest-free, the purchases made on the second day would get 54 days, and so on.
- Cash advance fee. When you withdraw money using your card or make another cash advance transaction you'll be charged a fee of 2% of transaction amount or $4 (whichever is greater).
- ME currency conversion fee. ME applies a fee of 1.5% of any foreign currency converted into Australian dollars.
- Mastercard currency conversion. This card has a Mastercard cross-border fee of of the amount of any transaction where the merchant is not held in Australia. Note that this fee is payable to Mastercard International.
- Additional cardholders. You can request to add up to 8 additional cardholders onto your account at no extra charge. You will still receive one statement for the account, and be responsible for all transactions and repayments.