A Diners Club Corporate Card is a charge card with up to 58 payment days per billing cycle. This means there's no interest charges and you need to repay the entire balance by the statement due date. It also offers airport lounge access through its global lounge network, and complimentary insurances. But as it is not widely accepted as Visa, Mastercard and Amex and is not available for online applications, make sure you compare other business and corporate cards to find one that suits your company.
Diners Club Corporate Card
- Interest-free on purchases
- Up to 58 days
The Diners Club Corporate Card account is designed to help corporate entities manage their expenses. You can choose to set up the account with company liability or joint and several liability. It also offers individual or centralised billing options, with statements that meet Australian Taxation Office (ATO) requirements to be used instead of tax invoices. But keep in mind that you can't currently apply for a new Diners Club corporate account online, so you'd need to call 1300 360 060 to discuss your options.
Diners Club cards are also not widely accepted in Australia. But this account gives you the option of companion Mastercards so you can use the account to keep track of a wider range of payments. It also offers complimentary airport lounge access, wine offers through Diners Club Cellar Door, complimentary insurance and a customisable Corporate Travel Program. The Diners Club Corporate account does not list any set annual fees, instead the cost of the account is agreed upon by Diners Club and individual businesses.
Diners Club Rewards program
Access to complimentary insurances and airport lounges
Charges a 1% foreign transaction fee
|Product Name||Diners Club Corporate Card|
|Purchase rate p.a.||0%|
|Interest-free period||Up to 58 days on purchases|
|Card type||Diners Club|
|Available to temporary residents||No|
|Rewards program||Diners Club Rewards|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||1%|
|Cash advance fee||4% or $4, whichever is greater|
|Overseas cash advance fee||4% or $4, whichever is greater|
How to applyIf you want to apply for a new Diners Club Corporate Card, contact the Australian customer service team on 1300 360 060 or the international team on +61 3 8643 2210.
During the application process, you'll be asked for details about your company and the application. This could include the following:
- Company details. This includes the registered business name, address, phone number and the ABN, ARBN or ACN.
- Financial details. This covers the estimated annual turnover, expense estimates and any assets or liabilities. You may also need to provide details of your accountant or statements from the ATO.
- Applicant details. You'll need to provide basic details as the primary applicant, including your position within the company. You may need to verify your authority to apply for the card with supporting documentation, such as a letter from your company's accountant.
- Cards for employees. Keep track of employee spending and save time on expense-reporting with multiple cards linked to this account. If your Diners Club facility is set up with joint and several liability, you also have the option of setting up individual liability for each cardholder. Applications for individual liability cards are also subject to personal credit and lending criteria.
- Financial data. This Diners Club facility offers statements that you can use instead of tax invoices when you're submitting details to the ATO. The statements also consolidate travel and entertainment expenses for easier management, flag potential fringe benefits tax (FBT) liabilities and includes a GST Adjustment Schedule to help calculate the GST you can claim and any payable FBT. You can also get enhanced transaction data for a range of expenses to help speed up accounting processes.
- Airport lounge access. Get complimentary access to airport lounges all around the world through the Diners Club Airport and Member lounges program. You can search for lounges online to find out what options are available based on your travel plans.
- Complimentary insurances. Get access to complimentary rental vehicle excess insurance, secure car insurance (for the cardholder's car) and secure wallet insurance. As with any insurance policy, make sure you read the fine print to check what's covered, when you can make a claim and whether an excess applies.
- Diners Club Privileges. This card gives you access to exclusive offers and and benefits around the world. Perks vary but have previously included hotel upgrades and dining credits, as well as discount offers at partnered restaurants and department stores. You can browse the current offers by visiting the Diners Club Privileges website or call Diners Club on 1300 360 060.
Rates & fees
- Annual fee. The Diners Club Corporate card account does not list an annual fee. Instead, this charge is "as agreed" by the company and Diners Club.
- Interest-free spending. This is a charge card account and offers up to 58 payment days per billing cycle. You will need to settle the entire balance by the due date on each statement to keep the account in good standing.
- Rebate or rewards. Choose between a rebate for the account or rewards through the Diners Club Rewards program.
You are about to post a question on finder.com.au:
- Do not enter personal information (eg. surname, phone number, bank details) as your question will be made public
- finder.com.au is a financial comparison and information service, not a bank or product provider
- We cannot provide you with personal advice or recommendations
- Your answer might already be waiting – check previous questions below to see if yours has already been asked