Hunter United Credit Cards
Save on interest costs with a low rate credit card from a community-based credit union.
On 4 May 2020, Hunter United merged with IMB. Hunter United members can continue to access their accounts and use products while the two businesses continue to integrate, which is expected to be complete within 6-9 months.
Hunter United is a customer-owned credit union that offers financial products including credit cards, home loans, personal loans, insurance, saving accounts and financial advice services. It's Visa credit card boasts a low-interest rate, flexible credit limit and competitive annual fee. You can use this guide to learn more about the Hunter United Low Rate Visa and the benefits of banking with Hunter United.
The benefits of banking with Hunter United
Mutual Banking difference
Hunter United aims to provide great service and benefits to its customers instead of driving profits for shareholders.
Supporting the community
Being a member of Hunted United and taking out a credit card service helps support local foundations such as the Hunter Breast Cancer Foundation (HBCF). The HBCF raises funds to provide support to women who have been diagnosed with breast cancer and helps assist their families.
Low competitive rates
Receive a low competitive purchase rate of 11.99% p.a. and 16.99% p.a. for cash advances.
Interest free days
Receive up to 55 days interest free on purchases. Please note that if any balance is left outstanding after the statement period you will not receive interest free days on purchases.
How to apply for a Hunter United credit card
Applications with Hunter United can be made through the phone, visiting a branch or by completing the online form.
- Be a permanent Australian resident
- Basic Information. Full name, dependents, residential address, date of birth and contact details
- Identification. Drivers license
- Financial Details. Proof of income (last two payslips). Self-employed individuals must provide financial statements and personal Tax Returns for the last two years. Retired or pensioner must provide other evidence of income. Joint-account owners must provide an evidence of your spouse/partner's income if a joint-account has been requested.
What happens after I apply?
After completing the application form a reference number will be generated in case you have any inquiries regarding your application. Hunter United will contact you shortly to obtain any further information required and inform you of the application status.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert
Credit Cards Comparison
* The credit card offers compared on this page are chosen from a range of credit cards finder.com.au has access to track details from and is not representative of all the products available in the market. Products are displayed in no particular order or ranking. The use of terms 'Best' and 'Top' are not product ratings and are subject to our disclaimer. You should consider seeking independent financial advice and consider your own personal financial circumstances when comparing cards.