Pay a low rate on balance transfers for the first 6 months, with a low interest rate on purchases and cash advances and don’t pay any annual fee for the first year.
The Quay Credit Union Visa Credit Card charges an introductory rate on balance transfers for the first 6 months, and this card also charges a low ongoing rate. If you use your card right you can get up to 55 interest-free days on purchases. Start your savings off in the first year where you don’t have to pay any annual fee.
From 1 September 2016, Quay Credit Union will merge with G&C Mutual Bank. Quay Credit Union will no longer offer new products and all existing customers will become members of G&C Mutual Bank. The information on this page has been kept for the benefit of existing customers and for those who are interested.
Please visit our Low Rate Credit Card comparison guide for more options.
Quay Credit Union Visa Credit Card review
This credit card provided by Quay Credit Union lets you save considerably by transferring balances from other cards and making use of the introductory rate on balance transfers. Otherwise, this card charges a low standard rate, which is the same for purchases and cash advances, and this can lead to long term savings. This card also gives cardholders access to a number of exclusive entertainment offers through Visa Entertainment service.
Benefits of the Quay Credit Union Visa Credit Card
- Balance transfer offer. If you have outstanding balances on existing cards, you can consider transferring your debt to the Visa card. Transferred balances attract a low rate of 0% p.a. for 6 months, and at the end of this period any outstanding balance starts attracting the card’s standard rate.
- Low rate. This card charges a standard low ongoing rate of 7.99% p.a. This rate applies to purchases and cash advances alike, and if you don’t pay your account’s balance in full each month, or if you use this card for cash advances, you can save considerably in the form of interest.
- Annual fee offer. This card charges an annual fee of $36 p.a.
- Visa Entertainment Service. Through this service, Visa cardholders get a range of exclusive online entertainment offers owing to Visa’s partnership with businesses like Sony, Disney, and Ticketek.
- Easy access to funds. You can use this card wherever your travels might take you, given that Visa finds acceptance the world over. You simply have to look for the Visa logo. You can also use your Quay Credit Union Credit Card to pay bills and make purchases, over the phone and online.
Quay Credit Union Visa Credit Card features
- Annual fee. The Quay Credit Union Credit Card has $0 annual fee for the first year, reverting to a fee of $36 every year after.
- Balance transfer offer. You can look forward to paying a low balance transfer rate of 0% p.a. for the first 6 months when you use this card to transfer balances from existing cards. Transferred balances cannot exceed 95% of the approved credit limit.
- Interest free days. To take advantage of up to 55 interest-free days on purchases you’re required to pay your account’s closing balance in full before each due date.
- Credit limit. The minimum credit limit of this card is $2,000, and the maximum is $25,000. The limit assigned to your card takes into account your ability to repay.
- Additional cardholders. You can get an additional card linked to your Quay Credit Union Visa card, as long as the additional cardholder is at least 18 years old. An additional card fee of $15 applies.
- Payment methods. You can sign up for payroll deduction, or you can set up direct debits using a Quay Credit Union transaction or savings account. You can also transfer funds using telephone or internet banking and you can set up external transfers from other financial institutions.
- Visa payWave. This technology allows you to simply wave your card alongside a secure payWave terminal to make payments of under $100.
How to apply for the Quay Credit Union Visa Credit Card
Applying for the Quay Credit Union Credit Card online is easy, and should take no more than 15 to 20 minutes.
- You’re over 18 years of age
- You’re an Australian resident
- You work more than 20 hours per week
- Personal details
- Proof of income from all sources
- Information relating to your expenses
- Details of liabilities like loans and credit cards
- Details of assets like real estate, vehicles, investments, and savings
Applying for this cost effective no-frills card that comes with a balance transfer offer is an option for you to consider. Before you do, bear in mind that you can find other cards that provide similar features, so compare a few before you apply.Back to top