Jetstar Platinum Mastercard
No longer offered in the market
The Jetstar Platinum credit card is no longer available for new applications. However, we’ve kept the information online for the benefit of existing customers and for those who are interested.
How to applyYou can apply for the Jetstar Platinum Mastercard online in 15 minutes as long as you meet the eligibility criteria and have the necessary information.
- Income. You earn at least $30,000 p.a.
- Residency. You’re a permanent Australian resident.
- Credit history. You must have a good credit score and history.
- Age. You’re at least 18 years of age.
- Personal information. This includes your full name, date of birth, residential address, number of dependents and marital status. You may also need to provide proof of identity such as your driver's licence number.
- Finances. Confirm your annual income and monthly expenses with recent payslips and bank statements. You’ll also need to list any assets (such as savings, investments and super) and liabilities (including other credit cards, loans or mortgages).
- Employment. Confirm your current occupation and provide your employer’s name and contact information.
- Balance transfer offer. You can repay your debt faster without the cost of high interest with the 0% p.a. balance transfer rate for 14 months. This reverts to the variable purchase rate of 19.99% p.a. at the end of the promotional offer and you won't earn points on balance transfers.
- Jetstar Dollars Program. You can earn 1 Jetstar Dollar per $50 spent up to $2,500 per statement period and then 1 Jetstar Dollar per $100 after that. You’ll receive a $200 Jetstar Travel Voucher for every 200 Jetstar Dollars you collect.
- Qantas Points.You can opt to earn Qantas Points for an additional $30 annual fee. You'll collect 0.5 Qantas Points per $1, which you can use to redeem flights, upgrades, accommodation and other rewards.
- Interest-free flying. Pay no interest for 6 months when you purchase a flight for $300 or more through the Jetstar website or call centre.
- Complimentary insurance covers. You can shop and travel with peace of mind thanks to complimentary overseas travel insurance, purchase security insurance, extended warranty insurance, interstate flight inconvenience insurance, transport accident insurance and global hire car excess waiver cover.
- Concierge service. You can make use of your 24/7 concierge service for help with booking travel tickets, making hotel reservations, booking tickets for events, locating businesses and much more.
- No more booking and service fees. When you use your Jetstar Platinum Mastercard to book flights on the Jetstar website or call centre, you won’t be charged the standard Booking and Service fee.
Rates & fees
- Annual fee. This card charges a $169 annual fee.
- Interest rates. Your purchases and cash advances will collect a 19.99% p.a. interest rate.
- Interest-free days. When you pay your account’s closing balance before each due date, you can get as many as 55 interest-free days on purchases. You won’t be eligible for interest-free days if you’re paying off a balance transfer.
- Additional cards. You can request up to 4 additional cards, and you have to pay an annual additional card fee of $39 for every additional card.
- Mastercard benefits. You can use your card at millions of locations wherever Mastercard is accepted. Cardholders can also take advantage of exclusive discounts, offers and experiences through Mastercard privileges.