How to transfer credit card reward points to Velocity
Use your credit card reward points to boost your Velocity balance. Here's what you need to know about points transfers.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
You can transfer credit card reward points to Velocity from most major loyalty programs – including Amex Membership Rewards, ANZ Rewards, Citi Rewards and Westpac Altitude Rewards. This gives you an easy way to add to your Velocity Points balance, plus it gives you a mix of other ways to use points when frequent flyer rewards aren't on the cards.
Velocity credit card partners and points transfer rates
Some credit card rewards programs have different transfer rates for different types of cards and these are subject to change. We have listed the publicly listed rates at time of publishing. Please log in to your account to see the exact details for your card.
|Rewards program||Transfer rates and details||Minimum transfer||Transfer time|
|American Express Membership Rewards|
|ANZ Business Rewards|
|BankSA Amplify Rewards|
|Bank of Melbourne Amplify Rewards|
|Bank of Queensland Q Rewards|
|HSBC Rewards Plus|
|St.George Amplify Rewards|
|Suncorp Bank Rewards|
|Westpac Altitude Rewards|
How can I transfer my credit card points to Velocity?
Each rewards program is different, so there will be some variation. To transfer points to your Velocity account, you will generally have to follow these steps:
- Log in to your rewards account.
- Choose the points transfer option. If you haven't done this before, you'll need to include your Velocity membership details.
- Follow the prompts to complete the transfer.
What should I consider before transferring my credit card rewards to Velocity Points?
Make sure you're aware of these important terms and conditions before you transfer your credit card rewards.
- Velocity membership. You must be an active member of the Velocity Frequent Flyer program to transfer your credit card reward points. While you can transfer points from additional cards, the Velocity membership details must match those of the primary credit card account holder.
- Minimum point requirements. Each rewards program has a minimum amount of points you can transfer at any time. If you haven't earned enough points, you won't be able to transfer them to your Velocity account.
- Transfer time. This varies between credit card reward programs, but you should typically expect to see the points in your Velocity account within 1–5 days of the transfer. Just be aware that it could take longer in some cases.
- Transfer bonuses. Sometimes, Velocity partners (including credit card reward programs) will offer bonus points when you transfer rewards to your frequent flyer account. Depending on the promotion, you could get from 10–30% more points by transferring them during one of these offer periods. Find out if there's a transfer bonus offer by logging in to your rewards account, checking the Velocity website or subscribing to get email updates.
- Credit card rewards program changes. The transfer rate can change from time to time. Financial institutions state how much warning they must provide in the terms and conditions (it is usually 90 days).
Transferring reward points or opting for auto-redemption can be an easy and convenient way to rack up Velocity Points from your credit card spending. If you want to look at other ways to boost your Velocity Frequent Flyer balance, you can also compare credit cards that directly earn Velocity Frequent Flyer points.
Comparison of credit cards that earn Velocity Points
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
More guides on Finder
The best credit cards to earn Qantas Frequent Flyer Points
Looking for best credit card for earning Qantas Points? Compare these cards based on standard earn rates, introductory bonus points offers and other features to find one that works for you.
KrisFlyer credit cards
Earn KrisFlyer miles on your everyday spending and get introductory bonus points with a credit card linked to the Singapore Airlines frequent flyer program.
How to earn Qantas Status Credits with a credit card
Find out if there are any credit card offers that let you earn Qantas Frequent Flyer Status for your eligible spending and learn more about how to reach Silver, Gold or Platinum Qantas status.
Frequent flyer credits cards with no annual fee
How to pay less for your card while still earning points.
The best ways to spend 100,000 Velocity Points
From flights and hotel stays to travel packages, gift cards and merchandise, here’s how to make the most of 100,000 Velocity Points based on your lifestyle and goals.
How many points you need to upgrade to business class with Qantas and Velocity
Discover how many Qantas or Velocity points you need to book or upgrade to a business class flight ticket.
Are frequent flyer credit cards worth it?
Frequent flyer credit cards can reward your spending, but how can you ensure that the perks outweigh the costs?
How does the Virgin Australia free flights credit card offer work?
Discover which Velocity credit cards offer complimentary Virgin Australia flight vouchers and Virgin Lounge passes.
Air Miles Credit Cards
Reward your spending with an air miles credit card and redeem points for your next flight.
Ask an Expert