How do Jetstar Dollars work?
Learn how you can earn and redeem Jetstar flights with a Jetstar Mastercard.
When you get a Jetstar credit card, you can choose between earning Jetstar Dollars or Qantas Frequent Flyer Points. If you choose Jetstar Dollars, you'll collect them for your eligible spending and can then redeem your dollars for flights or other travel bookings made with Jetstar. Use this guide to learn more about earning and spending Jetstar Dollars so you can get the most out of a Jetstar credit card.
How do Jetstar Dollars work?
Jetstar Dollars are earned based on your eligible Jetstar Mastercard spending for each statement period. With the Jetstar Mastercard, you'll collect 1 Jetstar Dollar for every $100 spent on eligible purchases and with Jetstar Platinum Mastercard, you'll earn 1 Jetstar Dollar per $50 spent on eligible purchases for the first $2,500 spent per statement period. You then collect 1 Jetstar Dollar per $100 spent for the remainder of that statement period.
While most everyday purchases will add to your Jetstar Dollars balance, you won't collect any for cash advances, balance transfers or other restricted transactions. When you have earned 100 Jetstar Dollars on the Jetstar Mastercard, or 200 Jetstar Dollars on the Jetstar Platinum Mastercard, you'll receive Jetstar Travel Voucher that you can redeem on Jetstar flights and holiday products.
How many Jetstar Dollars can I earn?
You can earn a maximum of 500 Jetstar Dollars per year with the Jetstar Mastercard, or up to 2,000 Jetstar Dollars with the Jetstar Platinum Mastercard. To put this in perspective, if you spent $4,167 per month on everyday shopping and essentials with the Jetstar Mastercard, you would receive $500 worth of vouchers within the course of a year.
With a Jetstar Platinum Card, spending $2,500 per month would give you 600 Jetstar Dollars per year. Spending over $2,500 per month would also earn you 1 Jetstar Dollar per $100 spent, allowing you to earn up to 1,400 more Jetstar Dollars in the year. However, the equivalent spending to earn a total of 2,000 Jetstar Dollars with this credit card would be around $14,167 per month or $170,000 (rounded to the nearest $1).
Compare credit cards with Jetstar Dollars
How can I redeem my Jetstar Dollars?
When you have accrued 100 Jetstar Dollars with a Jetstar Mastercard, or 200 Jetstar Dollars with a Jetstar Platinum Mastercard, they will automatically be converted into Jetstar Travel Vouchers worth $100 or $200. You can then use your Jetstar Travel Vouchers for bookings by following the steps below:
- Go to jetstar.com and follow the prompts to make a booking.
- When you reach the payment page, click on "Use a voucher or gift card".
- Enter the voucher number and click "Apply".
Your vouchers can be used to pay for Jetstar flights and holiday products, including packages, accommodation, activities, transfers, parking, insurance, taxes, fees and other charges associated with normal Jetstar internet or Jetstar call centre bookings. But if your booking costs more than your vouchers are worth, any remaining balance can then be settled via credit card, debit card, POLi or PayPal.
Are there any restrictions?
Take note of the following restrictions and conditions around the Jetstar Travel Vouchers you'll earn with Jetstar Dollars:
- Once you have received your Jetstar vouchers you have up to 6 months to use them for a booking.
- Jetstar Travel Vouchers can only be used for holiday products when they are booked together with a Jetstar flight.
- All travel is subject to availability at the time of booking and Jetstar Conditions of Carriage.
The Jetstar range of credit cards allow you to collect travel vouchers using Jetstar Dollars, which you can then use to pay for flights and other travel bookings with Jetstar. These cards are designed to suit cost-conscious travellers who want an easy way to save through credit card spending. But, as there are many other frequent flyer options available, make sure you compare a range of cards so you can choose one that suits all your needs.
Ask an Expert
Credit Cards Comparison
* The credit card offers compared on this page are chosen from a range of credit cards finder.com.au has access to track details from and is not representative of all the products available in the market. Products are displayed in no particular order or ranking. The use of terms 'Best' and 'Top' are not product ratings and are subject to our disclaimer. You should consider seeking independent financial advice and consider your own personal financial circumstances when comparing cards.