Goulburn Murray Credit Union Amigo Credit Card
Enjoy a low annual fee and a low ongoing interest rate of 12% p.a.
The Goulburn Murray Credit Union Amigo is a no-frills credit card with a $49 annual fee and a competitive interest rate of 12% p.a. on purchases, cash advances and balance transfers. If you pay your balance in full by the due date on each statement, you can enjoy up to 55 days interest-free on purchases.
Balance transfer rate
for 6 months
Interest free period
|Product Name||Goulburn Murray Credit Union amigo Credit Card|
|Balance transfer rate||5.49% p.a. for 6 months|
|Balance transfer revert rate||Balance Transfer Revert Rate (12%)|
|Purchase rate||12% p.a.|
|Interest-free period||55 days|
|Cash advance rate||12% p.a.|
|Min credit limit||$1,000|
|Max credit limit||$15,000|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
- Low 12% p.a. interest rate on purchases, cash advances and balance transfers
- Balance transfer offer of 5.49% for 6 months
- Compatible with Apple Pay, Google Pay & Samsung Pay
- A competitive annual fee of $49
- No rewards program and travel insurance
|Minimum monthly repayment||3% of the closing balance or $20, whichever is greater|
|Late payment fee||$25|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
|Cash advance fee||$5|
|Additional cardholder fee||$0|
Amy Bradney-George has been writing about personal finance for more than 13 years – including over 600 articles as a senior writer for Finder. Her work has also appeared in publications including Money Magazine, The Sydney Morning Herald, Financy, ABC News Australia and Equity Magazine. Amy has a Bachelor of Arts in Journalism and Drama from Griffith University.
The Goulburn Murray Credit Union Amigo Credit Card offers a mix of low-cost and basic credit card features. Both its $49 annual fee and 12% p.a. interest rate are on par with other low rate and low fee cards.
If you have Apple Pay, Google Pay or Samsung Pay on your mobile device, you can add this credit card and use it to make contactless payments without needing to pull out your wallet. You also get worldwide Visa acceptance and access to exclusive shopping, dining, entertainment and travel deals through Visa Offers + Perks.
How to apply
You can apply for the Goulburn Murray Credit Union Amigo Credit Card by filling out a credit card application form on the Goulburn Murray website. Top apply, you need to have the necessary requirements and details handy.
If you're submitting a joint application, the other person will also have to provide their details on the same application form. As part of the application process, make sure you meet the following requirements and have all the details and documents you'll need to submit the form.
- Age. You need to be at least 18 years old.
- Residency status. You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- Employment. You'll need have a regular income and have been in your job for more than 3 months.
- Credit history. Applicants shouldn't be an undischarged bankrupt or have had any defaults on loans, credit cards, store cards or interest-free finance in the past 5 years.
- Personal details. This includes your full name, date of birth, address and identification such as your driver's licence or passport.
- Residential details. You'll need to provide evidence of your residential address, such as a tenancy agreement or two recent rental receipts. If are a resident in your current home for less than 3 years, you'll need to provide details of your previous address.
- Employment details. You need to provide your occupation and employer's contact details as well as copies of your two most recent payslips or group certificates.
- Financial details. Goulburn Murray Bank also requires 3-month worth of transaction account statements showing regular payments to each of your liabilities.
- 12% p.a. interest rate. This card offers a low ongoing interest rate of 12% p.a. on purchases, cash advances and balance transfers.
- Balance transfer offer. If you want to pay off existing debt, you can take advantage of an introductory 5.49% p.a. balance transfer rate for the first 6 months. This reverts to the standard balance transfer rate of 12% p.a. after the promotional period.
- Interest-free days. You can get up to 55 days interest-free on purchases as long as you pay the full amount listed on your previous statement by the due date.
- $0 additional card. If you wish to get an additional card for a family member, you can do so at no extra cost.
- Visa benefits. Get access to exclusive offers on travel, entertainment, shopping and dining through Visa Offers + Perks.
- Mobile technology. You can link this Amigo card to Samsung Pay, Apple Pay, or Google pay and use your eligible device to make contactless payments.
Rates & fees
- Annual fee. This card has an annual fee of $49.
- Credit limits. You can request a credit limit ranging from $1,000 up to $15,000.
- Foreign transaction fee. If you use your card to shop overseas or online with an international retailer, you'll be charged a 3% of the transaction value.