Geelong Bank Amigo Credit Card
Take advantage of a low, ongoing interest rate on purchases, cash advances and balance transfers, along with a low annual fee.
With this low-cost credit card, you get an ongoing interest rate of 11.99% p.a. on purchases, cash advances and balance transfers. It also comes with a low annual fee of $49 and up to 55 days interest-free on purchases when you pay your balance in full by the due date on each statement.
Balance transfer rate
for 6 months
Interest free period
|Product Name||Geelong Bank Amigo Credit Card|
|Balance transfer rate||4.99% p.a. for 6 months|
|Balance transfer revert rate||Balance Transfer Revert Rate (11.99%)|
|Purchase rate||11.99% p.a.|
|Interest-free period||Up to 55 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate||11.99% p.a.|
|Min credit limit||$1,000|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
|Available to temporary residents||No|
- Low 11.99% p.a. interest rate on purchases, cash advances and balance transfers
- Balance transfer offer of 4.99% for 6 months
- Compatible with Apple Pay, Google Pay & Samsung Pay
- A competitive annual fee
- No rewards program and travel insurance
|Minimum monthly repayment||3% of the closing balance or $20, whichever is greater|
|Late payment fee||$25|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
|Overseas cash advance fee||$5|
|Additional cardholder fee||$0|
Amy Bradney-George has been writing about personal finance for more than 13 years – including over 600 articles as a senior writer for Finder. Her work has also appeared in publications including Money Magazine, The Sydney Morning Herald, Financy, ABC News Australia and Equity Magazine. Amy has a Bachelor of Arts in Journalism and Drama from Griffith University.
The Geelong Bank Amigo Credit Card is a Visa card that has simple account features, a low interest rate of 11.99% p.a. and a $49 annual fee. You can also use it to make contactless payments with Apple Pay, Google Pay or Samsung Pay using your eligible device.
As a Visa card, you can use it to make payments around the world and get exclusive access to offers on your shopping, entertainment, dining and travel through Visa Offers + Perks. Although this no-frills credit card has a competitive ongoing interest rate and annual fee, it’s still worth comparing with other options to see if you can find a card with more competitive rates and fees that is suited to your needs.
How to applyYou can apply for a Geelong Bank Amigo Credit Card by filling out the application form on the bank's website.
For joint applications, the other person should also provide their details on the same application form. As part of the application process, make sure you meet the following requirements and have all the necessary details prepared.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years of age.
- Residency status. You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- Employment. You'll need to have a regular income from a job you have held for more than three months.
- Credit history. Applicants shouldn't be bankrupt or have had any defaults on loans, credit cards, store cards or interest-free finance in the past five years. If you're unsure what details are listed, check your credit file for free before applying.
- Personal details. This includes your full name, marital status, residential address, contact number, and identification such as your driver's licence or passport.
- Employment details. This includes your occupation, employer's contact details and copies of your two most recent payslips or group certificates. If you have been with your current employer for less than three years, you might be requested to provide details of your previous job.
- Financial details. You will need to provide details of any assets, like properties or vehicles and savings as well as your pre-tax income, debts and other financial obligations you have.
- Low interest rate. This card charges the same competitive interest rate of 11.99% p.a. on purchases, balance transfers and cash advances.
- Low annual fee. You can save with a low annual fee of $49 with this no-frills card.
- Balance transfer offer. This card offers an introductory 4.99% p.a. interest rate for 6 months on balance transfers. Any remaining balance at the end of the promotional period will attract interest at the standard balance transfer rate of 11.99% p.a. If you are still paying off a balance transfer, note that you won't be eligible for interest-free days on new purchases.
- Additional cardholder. You can share this account with your partner or family member by requesting an additional card at no extra cost.
- Visa offers. This card gives exclusive access to pre-sale concert tickets, live performances, movies and other perks through the complimentary Visa Entertainment service, as well as access to shopping and dining through Visa Offers + Perks.
- Mobile payment technology. If you register this card to Apple Pay, Google Pay, or Samsung Pay, you can easily make contactless payments using your eligible mobile phone or device.
Rates & fees
- Annual fee. This card has a competitive annual fee of $49.
- Balance transfers. Once you have this card, you can apply to transfer any outstanding credit or store card balance of $500 or more to your available Amigo card limit. Outside of any promotions, any balance on this card will be charged at the standard rate of 11.99% p.a.
- Cash advance rate. This card charges an ongoing cash advance rate of 11.99% p.a.
- Interest-free days. You can enjoy up to 55 days interest-free on purchases made with this card as long as you pay the full amount listed on your previous statement by the due date.
- Foreign transaction fee. This card charges a 3% transaction fee if you shop overseas or online with an international retailer.