Frequent Flyer Diners Club card
Earn 1 Qantas Point per $1 and enjoy Diners Club perks including airport lounge access and international shipping options when you shop online.
The Frequent Flyer Diners Club earns Qantas Points on eligible spending at over 35 million businesses around the world. This charge card has a $95 annual card fee and a $55 annual rewards fee.
It also offers access to over 1,000 airport lounges around the world, and shipping deals when you shop with US-based stores – even if they don’t usually deliver to Australia.
Interest free period
|Available to temporary residents||No|
- It comes with complimentary travel insurance.
- Provides access to the Diners Club Airport and Members lounge
- You can get a 12-month access to Regus Business Lounge.
|Rewards program||Qantas Frequent Flyer|
Amy Bradney-George has been writing about personal finance for more than 13 years – including over 600 articles as a senior writer for Finder. Her work has also appeared in publications including Money Magazine, The Sydney Morning Herald, Financy, ABC News Australia and Equity Magazine. Amy has a Bachelor of Arts in Journalism and Drama from Griffith University.
How to apply
You can apply for the Frequent Flyer Diners Club card by downloading an application form from the Diners Club website. Get started by checking that you meet the eligibility criteria and have all the documents and details needed to complete the application.
- Minimum income. You must earn at least $75,000 per year.
- Australian residency status. You must be an Australian resident.
- Credit history. You should have a good credit score. If you want to check your credit score before you apply, you can get a free copy of your score and credit report through Finder in just a few minutes.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years of age.
- Personal details. This includes your full name, date of birth, residential address, email address and driver's licence number.
- Employment details. As well as your annual income, you need to include your type of employment, occupation, company name, length of time with the company and your employer or accountant's contact details.
- Financial details. If you earn income from more than one source, you should include supporting documents to show that you meet the $75,000 minimum income requirement. This could be a bank statement or your latest tax assessment notice. You also need to include an estimate of how much you think you'll spend on the Diners Club card each month, as well as whether you have existing credit or charge cards.
- 1 Qantas Point per $1 spent. This card earns 1 Qantas Point per $1 spent on eligible transactions, which includes purchases and cash advances. Transactions you won't earn points for include account fees and government-related spending including spending at Australia Post, payments to the Australian Taxation Office, council rates and public transport fares. If you're not sure where Diners Club is accepted, the Diners Club website has a searchable database that shows where you can pay.
- Additional Qantas Point per $1 spent with Qantas. You'll get an additional point per $1 spent directly with Qantas Australia when you use your Diners Club card to pay for Qantas flights with a QF flight number, Qantas Club membership or Qantas Frequent Flyer membership.
- Diners Club Shipping. This perk gives you discounted shipping and parcel-forwarding options through a partnership with MyUS.com. As a Diners Club cardholder, perks include free premium membership for 24 months, 15% savings on your first shipment and 10% savings on all subsequent shipments.
- Airport lounge access. Enjoy access to participating lounges at airports all around the world when you show your boarding pass and Diners Club card at the lounge entrance. Many lounges also allow you to bring a guest, although fees may apply. You can search for lounges and individual entry details on the Diners Club website or by downloading the Diners Club Travel Tools mobile app.
- Complimentary insurance. With this card, you'll get access to complimentary international travel insurance, interstate flight inconvenience insurance and transit accident insurance for eligible trips. Plus you will receive complimentary purchase cover, extended warranty cover and a guaranteed pricing scheme for eligible purchases. As insurance policies have specific requirements, make sure you read the complimentary insurance terms and conditions booklet that comes with your card to find out when you're covered and how to make a claim.
Rates & fees
- Annual fee. The Frequent Flyer Diners Club card has an annual fee of $95.
- Rewards fee. As well as the annual fee, a yearly rewards fee of $55 applies for this account. This means you'll pay a total of $150 per year for the card.
- Additional card fee. If you want to share this account with someone, an annual additional card fee of $50 will be charged to the account. Note that you will be responsible for keeping the account in good standing (including managing all repayments).
- 44-day statement period. As a charge card, you have to pay the entire balance off by the due date on each statement. This gives you up to 44 days from the start of each statement period to the date a payment is due. You also have the option of making payments at any other time during your statement period.