Diners Club Personal Card
Earn Diners Club points on your eligible spending and take advantage of Diners Club perks including airport lounge access and shipping deals when you shop online.
The Diners Club Personal Card can be used at over 35 million businesses around the world. It earns 1 Diners Club point per $1 spent, which you can redeem for cashback, gift cards, experiences or point transfers to frequent flyer and other loyalty programs.
This card offers a range of Diners Club perks, including worldwide airport lounge access and shipping deals when you shop online with stores in the US. It also has a $135 annual fee and a $77 rewards fee.
Interest free period
|Product Name||Diners Club Personal Card|
|Rewards program||Diners Club Rewards|
|Interest-free period||44 days|
|Card type||Diners Club|
|Available to temporary residents||No|
|Rewards program||Diners Club Rewards|
|Cash advance fee||4% or $4, whichever is greater|
|Overseas cash advance fee||4% or $4, whichever is greater|
|Additional cardholder fee||$50|
Amy Bradney-George is the acting editor for Finder X and a senior writer for credit cards and Finder Green. She has more than 13 years' experience as a journalist and writer, with bylines in publications including The Equity Magazine, The Sydney Morning Herald, ABC News and produce industry website FreshPlaza. Amy has a Bachelor of Arts in Journalism and Drama from Griffith University, and when she’s not putting (virtual) pen to paper, she spends her time as an actress.
How to apply
You can apply for a Diners Club Personal Card by filling in a secure form on the Diners Club website or by calling 1300 360 060. Get started by making sure you meet the eligibility requirements and have all the documents and details you'll need for the application.
- Minimum income. You must earn at least $35,000 per year.
- Australian residency status. You must be an Australian resident.
- Credit history. You should have a good credit score. If you're not sure what's on your credit history, you can get a free copy of your credit score and credit report through Finder in just a few minutes.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years of age.
- Personal details. This includes your full name, date of birth, residential address, email address and driver's licence number (if you have one).
- Employment details. As well as your annual income, you need to include your type of employment, occupation, company name, length of time with the company and your employer or accountant's contact details.
- Financial details. You need to include an estimate of how much you think you'll spend on the Diners Club card each month, as well as whether you have existing credit or charge cards.
- Points per $1 spent. Earn 1 point per $1 spent on eligible transactions made with your Diners Club card, which covers most purchases or cash advances. Transactions that don't earn points include account fees, and government-related transactions such as those made at Australia Post, payments to the Australian Taxation Office (ATO), council fees and public transport fares.
- Diners Club Rewards. The points you earn can be redeemed for digital rewards including cashback on your account, gift cards, travel bookings, shopping with Apple and point transfers to loyalty programs including flybuys, Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer and Emirates Skywards. As an example, you could redeem a $200 gift card for Coles, Woolworths or Bunnings starting from 37,100 points.
- Diners Club Shipping. If you're shopping with US retailers, you can get discounted shipping and parcel-forwarding options through a partnership with MyUS.com. As a Diners Club cardholder, perks include free premium membership for 24 months, 15% savings on your first shipment and 10% savings on all subsequent shipments.
- Airport lounge access. Show your boarding pass and Diners Club card to get access to participating lounges at airports all around the world. Many lounges also allow you to bring a guest, although fees may apply. You can search for lounges and individual entry details on the Diners Club website or by downloading the Diners Club Travel Tools mobile app.
- Complimentary insurance. The Diners Club personal card gives you access to complimentary international travel insurance, interstate flight inconvenience insurance and transit accident insurance for eligible trips. When you use this card for everyday shopping, you also get access to complimentary purchase cover, extended warranty cover and a guaranteed pricing scheme. As insurance policies have specific requirements, make sure you read the complimentary insurance terms and conditions booklet that comes with your card to find out when you're covered and how to make a claim.
Rates & fees
- Annual fee. The Diners Club Personal Card has an annual fee of $135.
- Rewards fee. As well as the annual fee, a yearly rewards fee of $77 applies for this account. This means you'll pay a total of $212 for the card.
- Additional card fee. If you want to share this account with someone, an annual additional card fee of $50 will be charged to the account. Note that you will be responsible for keeping the account in good standing (including managing all repayments).
- 44-day statement period. As a charge card, you have to pay the entire balance off by the due date on each statement. This gives you up to 44 days before a payment is due, but you also have the option of making payments before the due date to help you manage the account.