Take advantage of premium Diners Club rewards with the convenience of a Mastercard.
|Product Name||Diners Club Personal Card + World Mastercard Card|
|Rewards Program||Diners Club Rewards|
|Annual fee||$299 p.a.|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 44 days on purchases|
|Card Type||Diners Club|
|Complimentary Travel Insurance||Yes|
|Available To Temporary Residents||No|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Available to Temporary Residents||No|
|Credit Rating Requirement|
Credit rating requirement is provided only as a guide. Understanding your credit file helps you make more informed decisions in regards to your finances. Learn more about what this means here.
|Annual Fee||$299 p.a.|
|Cash Advance Fee||$4 or if greater than $100, 4% of the amount advanced|
|Overseas Cash Advance Fee||$4 or if greater than $100, 4% of the amount advanced|
|Overseas Emergency Replacement||$0|
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$50 p.a.|
|Rewards Program||Diners Club Rewards|
|Rewards Points per $ spent (VISA/MC)||0.75|
|Rewards Points per $ (VISA/MC) Cap||Uncapped|
Diners Club Personal Card and World Mastercard review
The Diners Club Personal Card and World Mastercard is a charge card and so has no pre-set spending limit. The World Mastercard card makes accessing your cash easy, with 37 million locations and two million ATMs in over 210 countries. The Diners Club Personal Card and World Mastercard only has one PIN and statement, making the cards relatively easy to manage. In addition to financial flexibility, you also have access to World Mastercard privileges and rewards.
Benefits of the Diners Club Personal Card and World Mastercard
- No pre-set spending limit. Cardholder’s spending is not restricted by fixed spending limits, providing users with the freedom to manage their finances according to what they can afford and how they need to use their card.
- Global use. There is no shortage of locations to use your Diners Club Personal and World Mastercard. The Diners Club Personal Card network includes over 800,000 ATMs and cash access locations and the World Mastercard provides you with access to further 1.9 million ATMs.
- Diners Club privileges. Cardholders receive premium services including access to the hundreds of Diners Club Airport and Member lounges around the world, preferred seating at major concerts and events and international offers when travelling overseas to name a few.
- Mastercard World privileges. VIP treatments and exclusive hotel benefits, first-class airport concierge services, world-class access to exclusive benefits at restaurants, events and stores are just some of the privileges that come with the Mastercard World card.
Features of the Diners Club Personal Card and World Mastercard
- Annual fees. Although the Diners Club Personal Card and World Mastercard combine the benefits and features of two cards, it only incurs a single annual fee of $299. However, there is a fee of $50 for additional cards. Unlike the regular Diners Club Card, the Personal Card and World Mastercard incur no extra rewards fee, as it is covered by the annual card fee.
- Complimentary insurances. Cardholders can enjoy various free insurance covers with this card. International Travel Insurance, Interstate Flight Inconvenience Insurance and Transit Accident Insurance will benefit the world traveller. For anyone making purchases on their card, the Guaranteed Pricing Scheme, Purchase Cover Insurance and Extended Warranty Insurance are on offer.
- Rewards points. For every $1 spent, you will receive 2 points on your Diners Club Card and 0.75 points on your World Mastercard Card. You can use your points to redeem rewards such as merchandise, travel, gift cards or cashback to your account. You can view and manage your Diners Club Rewards account online.
- 44 days for payment. The Diners Club Personal Card and World Mastercard offers cardholders up to 44 days to pay for purchases. To avoid default fees, you need to pay the account within 14 days after the account issue date.
How to apply for the Diners Club Personal Card and World Mastercard
If you have decided that this card could be of use to you, you will need to ensure that you meet the following application criteria:
- You are at least 18 years old.
- You have a good credit rating.
- You earn a taxable income of at least $35,000 p.a.
- You are a permanent resident of Australia.
- Personal details including your name, age, residential address and contact details
- Employment details including the name of your employer’s organisation, position and income
- If you’re an existing Diners Club member, you will also be required to provide your account number and details.
Although the Diners Club Personal Card and World Mastercard card could be useful to some cardholders, it is worthwhile to compare other alternative options to get the most value.Back to top