Central Murray Credit Union Amigo Visa
Get a low ongoing interest rate of 12.99% p.a. on purchases with the Central Murray Credit Union Amigo Visa card.
This low-cost credit card offers the same interest rate of 12.99% p.a. for purchases and cash advances. It also has a competitive annual fee of $59 and up to 55 days interest-free on purchases when you pay the balance in full by the due date on each statement.
Interest free period
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder.
|Product Name||Central Murray Amigo Credit Card|
|Purchase rate||12.99% p.a.|
|Interest-free period||55 days|
|Cash advance rate||12.99% p.a.|
|Min credit limit||$500|
|Max credit limit||$15,000|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
- Low 12.99% p.a. interest rate on purchases and cash advances
- Up to 55 days interest-free on purchases
- Compatible with Apple Pay & Google Pay
- No rewards program and travel insurance
|Minimum monthly repayment||3% of the closing balance outstanding|
|Late payment fee||$25|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
|Cash advance fee||$5|
|Additional cardholder fee||$0|
Amy Bradney-George is the acting editor for credit cards and has more than 13 years’ experience writing about personal finance. She has bylines in publications including The Sydney Morning Herald, ABC News and The Equity Magazine. A passionate writer, she’s also acting editor for Finder X and senior writer for Finder Green. Amy has a Bachelor of Arts in Journalism and Drama from Griffith University, and when she’s not writing she spends her time as an actress.
The Central Murray Credit Union Amigo Visa is a no-frills credit card that offers the same interest rate of 12.99% p.a. for purchases and cash advances. It also charges a low annual fee of $59 p.a. But even though both the ongoing interest rate and annual fee on this card are competitive, it’s worth comparing other options to see if you can find a card with more competitive rates and fees to suit your goals.
How to apply
You can apply for the Central Murray Credit Union Amigo Visa card by filling out a credit card application form on the bank's website.
If you are submitting a joint application, the other person will also have to provide their details on the same application form. Before you apply, make sure you meet the following requirements and have all the required documents handy.
- Residency. You must be an Australian permanent resident or citizen.
- Income and employment. You must earn a regular income and have been in your current job for more than 3 months.
- Credit history. You must not be an undischarged bankrupt or have a history of outstanding credit defaults on any loans, credit cards, interest-free finance or store cards in the last 5 years. If you're unsure what details are listed, check your credit file for free before applying.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years of age.
- Personal information. This includes your full name, date of birth, marital status, driver's licence number, residential address, email address and contact number. If you have lived in your current home less than 3 years, you'll also need to provide details of your previous address.
- Employment details. This includes your occupation and your employer's name and contact details. If you have been with your current employer less than 3 years, you will be asked for details of your previous job. You also need to include copies of your 2 most recent payslips or most recent group certificate.
- Financial details. This includes any assets such as home, car and savings, as well as your debts or liabilities like mortgages, loans and credit cards. You may also need to provide 3 months transaction account statements showing regular payments to each of your liabilities.
- Low interest rates. A 12.99% p.a. variable interest rate applies to all purchases and cash advances made on this card.
- Additional cardholder. You can request an additional card at no extra cost.
- Mobile payment technology. This card comes with a Visa payWave technology which allows you to make tap-and-go payments without entering a PIN for purchases less than $100. You can also link your Amigo Visa card with Google Pay and Apple Pay to make contactless payments using your Android and Apple devices.
- Visa benefits. Get access to exclusive offers on shopping and dining through Visa Offers + Perks.
Rates & fees
- Annual fee. This card charges a $59 annual fee.
- Interest-free days. Get up to 55 interest-free days on purchases when you pay the full amount listed on your previous statement by the due date.
- Credit limits. You can request a credit limit ranging from $500 up to $15,000.
- Foreign transaction fee. If you use your card to shop overseas or online with an international retailer, you'll be charged a 3% of the transaction value.