This low-cost credit card offers an ongoing 12.99% p.a. variable interest rate when you have a balance. It also offers up to 55 interest-free days on purchases when you pay the balance in full by the due date on each statement. While a low rate card can help you save on interest charges, make sure you factor the annual fee into your comparison before you apply.
Central Murray Credit Union Amigo Visa
- Purchase rate
- 12.99% p.a.
- Annual fee
- $59 p.a.
- Interest-free on purchases
- Up to 55 days
The Central Murray Credit Union Amigo Visa is a no-frills credit card that offers the same 12.99% p.a. interest rate for purchases and cash advances. Its $59 p.a. annual fee is also similar to other low rate cards but is not the lowest fee on the market. So, while both the ongoing interest rate and annual fee on this card are competitive, it’s worth comparing other cards before you apply.
Low 12.99% p.a. interest rate on purchases and cash advances
Up to 55 days interest-free on purchases
Compatible with Apple Pay & Google Pay
No rewards program and travel insurance
|Product Name||Central Murray Amigo Credit Card|
|Purchase rate p.a.||12.99%|
|Interest-free period||Up to 55 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate p.a.||12.99%|
|Min credit limit||$500|
|Max credit limit||$15,000|
|Available to temporary residents||No|
|Minimum monthly repayment||3% of the closing balance outstanding|
|Late payment fee||$25|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
|Cash advance fee||$5|
|Additional cardholder fee||$0|
How to apply
You can apply for the Central Murray Credit Union Amigo Visa Credit Card online through the bank's website. The secure application form is hosted by Community First, which is the issuer of this card.
Before you apply, make sure you meet the eligibility criteria and have all the details you need for the application.
- Residency. You must be an Australian permanent resident or citizen.
- Income and employment. You must earn a regular income.
- Credit history. You must not be an undischarged bankrupt or have outstanding credit defaults listed on your credit report. If you're unsure what details are on your credit history, you can get your credit report for free through Finder in a few minutes.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years of age.
- Personal information. This includes your full name, date of birth, marital status, driver's licence number, residential address, email address and contact number. If you have lived in your current home less than 3 years, you'll also need to provide details of your previous address.
- Employment details. This includes your occupation and your employer's name and contact details. You also need to include copies of your 2 most recent payslips or most recent group certificate.
- Financial details. This includes any assets such as home, car and savings, as well as your debts or liabilities like mortgages, loans and credit cards. You also need to give an estimate of your share of regular household expenses.
- Low interest rate. The Central Murray Credit Union Amigo Visa has an ongoing 12.99% p.a. variable interest rate for purchases and cash advances. This is competitive with other low rate credit cards, which typically offer rates between 8% p.a. and 15% p.a. for purchases.
- Contactless and mobile payments. This card comes with a Visa payWave technology which allows you to make tap-and-go payments without entering a PIN for purchases less than $100. You can also link your Amigo Visa card with Google Pay and Apple Pay to make contactless payments using your Android and Apple devices.
- Visa benefits. You can use the Central Murray Credit Union Amigo Visa for payments in-store, online or over the phone in over 200 countries and territories around the world, wherever Visa is accepted. You'll also get access to exclusive offers on shopping, dining, travel and entertainment through Visa Offers + Perks.
- Interest-free days. If you pay the full amount listed on your statement by the due date, you'll get up to 55 interest-free days on purchases.
Rates & fees
- Annual fee. This card charges a $59 annual fee, which is at the lower end of the scale for credit cards in Australia.
- Additional cardholder. You can request an additional card at no extra cost.
- Credit limits. You can request a credit limit ranging from $500 up to $15,000.
- Foreign transaction fee. If you use your card to shop overseas or online with an international retailer, you'll be charged a 3% of the transaction value.
You are about to post a question on finder.com.au:
- Do not enter personal information (eg. surname, phone number, bank details) as your question will be made public
- finder.com.au is a financial comparison and information service, not a bank or product provider
- We cannot provide you with personal advice or recommendations
- Your answer might already be waiting – check previous questions below to see if yours has already been asked