Get the best-in-market credit card features, benefits and perks and pay no annual fee with American Express credit cards
American Express credit cards offer cardholders many of the perks and premium benefits in the credit card market including complimentary travel insurance, airport lounge passes and higher rewards points earned. Some of the no annual fee offers may only be for the first year so it is important to compare and decide which card is most suitable for your needs.
$0 annual fee
$50 Dining Credit at Deliveroo / Rockpool Dining Group restaurants
Offer ends 13 March 2019
Eligibility criteria, terms and conditions, fees and charges apply
American Express Credit Card Offer
The American Express Essential Credit Card offers savings and rewards with no annual fee, Membership Rewards points and a $50 Dining Credit for new card members.
- Save on credit card costs with no annual fee and a competitive 14.99% p.a. purchase interest rate.
- Receive a $50 Dining Credit when you spend $50 or more at Deliveroo and/or Rockpool Dining Group restaurants in the first month.
- Earn 1 Membership Rewards point / $1 spent on eligible purchases and 0.5 / $1 for utilities, insurance, telco and government.
- Transfer your points to 8 airline rewards partner programs including Velocity Frequent Flyer and Emirates Skywards.
- Dining Credit offer available to new American Express Card Members only.
American Express No Annual Fee Credit Cards Comparison
What you need to know about no annual fee credit cards
No annual fee credit cards are normally suited to those people who do not want to pay for a card they may not use very much. The only potential problem is that the regular interest rate on these cards ranges for 16% p.a. to 20% p.a., which is up amongst the higher interest rates. You will need to assess whether saving on the annual fee is worth the higher price you may have to pay in interest should you not manage to keep a clear balance throughout the year.
A no annual fee credit card will not suit everyone, though. High earners will have no issue with paying an annual fee because it will allow them the higher credit limits and extra perks of Gold and Platinum credit cards.
Whether you choose the American Express no annual fee credit card or another card, make sure you do some comparisons first. In a recent survey, only 6% of Australians said they bothered to check out a credit card comparison site before making a credit card application. Around 50% only applied to their own bank. There are some excellent deals out there, and you may find that you can avoid an annual fee and still not have to compromise on any of the other features you most value in a credit card.
Image: American ExpressBack to top