Qantas American Express Business Card – Rates and Fees
Manage work spending and earn more Qantas Points with the American Express Business Card.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
This business charge card offers 2 Qantas Points per $1 spent on selected Qantas purchases in Australia, 1 point per $1 on most everyday purchases and 0.5 points per $1 for spending with government bodies, insurance providers (except American Express) and utilities. It also offers complimentary travel insurance, additional cardholders and compatibility with MYOB, Microsoft Excel and Quicken.
The Qantas American Express Business Card is no longer available for new applications. However, we’ve kept the information online for the benefit of existing customers and for those who are interested.
You can compare the current range of American Express credit cards here.
Review of the Qantas American Express Business Card
With features including no pre-set spending limit, cash flow for up to 51 days and transaction data feeds to MYOB accounting software, the Qantas American Express Business Card is designed to help you keep track of work spending and simplify accounting processes. You can also get additional cards for your employees, although there is an annual fee of $119 for each additional card. This is in addition to the main card's annual fee of $299.
This card also offers other benefits for you and your business, including up to 2 Qantas Points per $1 spent and complimentary domestic and international travel insurance when you use your card to pay for your trip. As it is a charge card, it has no interest rate on purchases. Instead, you'll need to pay the balance in full by the due date on your statement to keep the account in good standing.
Benefits and features of the American Express Qantas Business Card
Some of the most popular features of this business charge card include:
- Qantas Points. Earn 2 Qantas Points for every $1 spent on selected Qantas products and services in Australia, 1 Qantas Point per $1 spent on eligible purchases and 0.5 points per $1 for spending with government bodies, insurance providers (excluding American Express) and on utilities. Note that you won't earn points on annual fees, late payment fees or fees and charges for traveller's cheques and foreign currencies.
- Flexible spending limit. As a charge card, you are not issued with a specific credit limit. Instead, your purchases are approved by American Express based on factors including your current spending patterns, payment history, credit records and other financial resources. This can offer you more flexibility when managing business expenses that may vary from month-to-month.
- Complimentary travel insurance. Enjoy complimentary domestic and international travel insurance cover when you use your Qantas American Express Business Card to pay for your travel arrangements. This cover is available for additional cardholders linked to the account and may also extend to your spouse and any dependent children travelling with you when they meet the eligibility requirements. Refer to the Qantas American Express Business Card insurance terms and conditions booklet (available of the Amex website) for more details.
- Complimentary travel inconvenience cover. If you purchase your trip on your card, you can get cover for flight delays, missed connections or delayed luggage.
- MYOB transaction feed. Get transaction data automatically sent to MYOB by linking your card and MYOB accounts so that you can easily manage your accounting and reconciliation processes.
- Accounting software compatibility. With this card, you can download statements and transaction details, view balances and keep track of business expenditure with MYOB, Microsoft Excel or Quicken.
Rates and fees of the American Express Qantas Business Card
- Annual fee. The American Express Qantas Business Card has an annual fee of $299.
- Additional cardholder annual fee. There is an annual fee of $119 for every additional card linked to your account.
- Payment period. This card offers you up to 51 days to pay for your purchases, providing you pay your account balance in full by the due date on each statement. However, the number of days you have to pay your purchases off varies based on factors including when you make a purchase and when your statement is issued.
- Currency conversion. A fee of 3% of the total transaction cost applies when you use this card to pay for purchases overseas or online with an international retailer.
The Qantas American Express Business Card gives you a way to earn more frequent flyer rewards for your business spending. It also provides a range of features that can help make business spending and accounting easier to manage, including flexible cash flow and compatibility with accounting software. As this is one of the only charge cards currently available for business spending, comparing the features and repayment requirements to a range of other business products will help you find a card that works for your needs.Back to top
More guides on Finder
Westpac Altitude Platinum Qantas – Existing customer offer
With bonus Qantas Points and a range of complimentary insurance covers, the Westpac Altitude Platinum - Qantas is worth considering if you want more frequent flyer points.
Westpac Altitude Platinum Credit Card – Existing Customer Offer
Earn Altitude rewards with Westpac’s Altitude Platinum credit card, while enjoying the benefits and privileges of platinum status.
Square vs PayPal
Both Square and PayPal are popular choices, but which payment processor is best for your business needs?
Red Energy Business review January 2021
Earn Qantas Points every time you pay your bill with business plans from Red Energy.
How to start a t-shirt business
Start building a profitable side hustle by setting up a t-shirt business.
How to start a network engineering business
Here's how to use your IT skills to start your own network engineering business.
How to start a home cooking business
Follow this ultimate recipe for how to start your cooking business.
How to start a dog training business
If you love spending time with dogs and you know how to train them, you might want to start a dog training business.
ANZ Rewards Platinum Credit Card – Exclusive Offer
The ANZ Rewards Platinum Credit Card offers a competitive rewards program, $0 annual fee for the first year, a $500 gift card, a balance transfer offer and a range of complimentary insurance covers.
Bank Australia Commercial Visa credit card
Designed to help you track business spending, this Bank Australia credit card offers cards for employees and interest-free days on purchases.
Ask an Expert