The American Express Platinum Reserve Credit Card is no longer available. Compare your other American Express options below.
As of the 1st of October 2014, American Express Platinum Reserve Credit Card is no longer available for new applications. However, we've kept the information online for the benefit of existing customers and for those who are interested. The most similar credit card currently available to the Platinum Reserve is the Platinum Edge.
You can compare the entire current range of American Express credit cards here.
While the American Express Platinum Reserve Card attracts an annual fee, it comes with a range of benefits to match. For starters, you stand to receive $295 membership rewards bonus points when you join, as long you join by a given date.
You get automatic membership into a rewards program that enables you to earn up to 1 rewards point for every dollar you spend. Redeeming accumulated rewards points presents you with a host of alternatives.
This card also comes with a variety of travel benefits, making it ideal for people who travel frequently. Apart from offering world class service that customers have come to expect of American Express, this card also offers cardholders a number of complementary insurance covers.
Benefits of the American Express Platinum Reserve Credit Card
- Balance transfer offer. You can take advantage of a balance transfer option if you apply before a given date, and a one-time establishment fee of 1% applies. There is a maximum limit of how much you can transfer, and this is 70% of your approved credit limit. The special balance transfer rate stays in place for 12 months, after which any left over balance attracts a standard interest rate.
- Complimentary insurances. When you buy air tickets using this card you get free domestic and international travel and accident insurance that provides cover to you and to dependent family members. Travel inconvenience cover is in place to offer cover in case of delayed luggage, missed connections, and flight delays. Refund protection ensures you get a credit in case a merchant refuses a qualifying refund within 90 days of purchase. Purchase protection offers cover in case you lose, break, or damage an item within 90 days of purchase. Online fraud protection guarantee ensures you don’t have to pay for fraudulent transactions as long as you notify American Express immediately upon finding out about them.
Features of the American Express Platinum Reserve Credit Card
- Earning rewards points. When you receive your Platinum Reserve Credit Card, you get complimentary Membership Rewards Ascent program enrolment.
- Restaurant perks. hen you use this card to make payments, you earn 3 points on every dollar spent at select restaurants; 2 points per dollar spent on select airlines, tour and cruise operators, and accommodation; and point for every dollar spent on most other transactions. Transactions including utilities and insurances still earn 0.5 point for every dollar spent.
- Points cap. This pattern continues until you reach an annual threshold of points, after which all qualifying transactions earn 1 point for every dollar spent.
- Redeeming rewards points. To redeem points, you can turn to nine leading airline partners, you can make in-store purchases through American Express Travelscene and Harvey World Travel, and you can also redeem points online via Webjet
- Travel privileges. With your Priority Pass, you get access to more than 600 VIP lounges, and your first two visits within every 12-month period are free. Each year you get to avail of a complimentary night’s stay at select luxury hotels, and you can swap this with a domestic or international return airfare to select destinations. Travel Advantage, an online service, offers cardholders quick and easy solutions when it comes to making travel bookings.
- Online access. You can access your account details from anywhere in the world as long as you have an internet enabled desktop, laptop, or smartphone. Once online, you can keep track of transactions, you can schedule payments, you can set up reminders so you don’t miss making payments, and you can also track progress of your rewards points.