Mastercard hotel offers and benefits
Explore Mastercard offers that give you exclusive savings on hotel bookings, complimentary room upgrades and other VIP perks.
Updated . What changed?
If you have a Mastercard credit card, you can use it to unlock travel, dining, shopping and entertainment offers all around the world – including hotel deals that help you get more bang for your buck. There are also some options available if you have a Mastercard debit card. Use this guide to learn more about Mastercard hotel offers, including how to find the latest deals and use them for your next trip.
What hotel benefits can I get with a Mastercard?
These hotel offers vary based on the type of Mastercard you have and when you’re looking for deals. But some of the popular perks you could enjoy include:
- Discounts on your hotel bookings
- Additional nights at no extra charge
- Complimentary breakfast
- Complimentary room upgrades
- Early check-in and late check-out
- Discounts or credit for additional hotel services, such as dining or spa packages
In general, you’ll get fewer premium perks through a Mastercard debit card or an entry-level credit card. But if you have a premium Mastercard credit card, such as a Platinum or World Mastercard, you’ll have access to more of the high-value offers. This includes room upgrades and complimentary hotel perks.
Where can I find Mastercard hotel offers?
You can search for hotel offers by visiting the Mastercard Priceless Specials website. There are a couple of options that help you want
- Enter a search term into the search box. For example "hotels".
- Look at offers based on the country or countries where they are available. You can do this by selecting a country from the "Browse by location" menu.
- Look at offers in the "Travel" category.
You can also what type of Mastercard you have at the top of the page. This helps filter out offers that are not available for your card.
Tip: Find out about hotel offers through the Mastercard concierge
If you have a Platinum or World Mastercard that offers a concierge service, you could call them and ask about relevant offers based on your travel plans. This might help you save time searching through deals online and figuring out if they are relevant.
How can I claim a Mastercard hotel offer?
Once you’ve found a hotel offer you want to use, you’ll need to make sure you meet the terms and conditions to claim it. While each hotel offer is different, you’ll generally have to use your eligible Mastercard to pay for your stay. Other conditions may include:
- Making a new booking. You’ll generally only be able to enjoy Mastercard hotel offers when you make a new booking with your eligible credit card. However, if you have a World Mastercard, you could also ask the hotel staff if there are any benefits available when you check in.
- Booking through a particular website. Some of these offers are only available when you book through a set website, such as the World Mastercard website.
- Entering a promo code. For discounts on online hotel bookings, you may need to add a promo code before you pay with your Mastercard. When that’s the case, the offer page will include details of the relevant code.
- Taking your Mastercard to the hotel. Some hotels might ask you to present your Mastercard when you check in so that you can claim hotel perks, such as a room upgrade.
- Booking the hotel in your name. With these types of hotel offers, the name on your booking usually has to match the name on your Mastercard.
- Claiming the offer when it’s valid. As Mastercard hotel offers are seasonal, you will only be able to claim a deal during the set promotional period.
What about offers that say "subject to availability"?
Some Mastercard hotel perks are only available when a hotel has the capacity to offer them to you. For example, you might not be able to get a room upgrade or late check-out if a hotel is fully booked when you’re staying there. This means you may not know if you’ll enjoy these perks before you get to the hotel.
Keep this in mind when you’re deciding whether or not to book a stay with a particular hotel. If you want to find out more about the hotel benefits that are subject to availability, you could also try calling the hotel to find out how likely it is that you’ll get these perks during your stay.
If you’re already planning to pay for hotel stays with a Mastercard credit card, these offers give you a way to get more value from your booking. You could also shop around for other hotel deals available through different brands and booking services, or check out Visa hotel offers to find an option that fits your travel plans.
Compare Mastercard credit cards
Images: ShutterstockBack to top
Ask an Expert
Credit Cards Comparison
* The credit card offers compared on this page are chosen from a range of credit cards finder.com.au has access to track details from and is not representative of all the products available in the market. Products are displayed in no particular order or ranking. The use of terms 'Best' and 'Top' are not product ratings and are subject to our disclaimer. You should consider seeking independent financial advice and consider your own personal financial circumstances when comparing cards.