Explore Mastercard offers that give you exclusive savings on hotel bookings, complimentary room upgrades and other VIP perks.
If you have a Mastercard credit card, you can use it to unlock travel, dining, shopping and entertainment offers all around the world – including hotel deals that help you get more bang for your buck. There are also some options available if you have a Mastercard debit card. Use this guide to learn more about Mastercard hotel offers, including how to find the latest deals and use them for your next trip.
What hotel benefits can I get with a Mastercard?
These hotel offers vary based on the type of Mastercard you have and when you’re looking for deals. But some of the popular perks you could enjoy include:
- Discounts on your hotel bookings
- Additional nights at no extra charge
- Complimentary breakfast
- Complimentary room upgrades
- Early check-in and late check-out
- Discounts or credit for additional hotel services, such as dining or spa packages
In general, you’ll get fewer premium perks through a Mastercard debit card or an entry-level credit card. But if you have a premium Mastercard credit card, such as a Platinum or World Mastercard, you’ll have access to more of the high-value offers. This includes room upgrades and complimentary hotel perks.
Compare Mastercard credit cards
Where can I find Mastercard hotel offers?
There isn’t a central hub for Mastercard hotel offers. Instead, you can search for hotel offers on any of the following sites or pages.
Debit Rewards by Mastercard
If you have a Mastercard debit card, you can use this complimentary program to access different discounts, competitions and other promotions across a range of categories. While the offers do vary, you’ll typically find that most of the hotel deals are focused on booking discounts (rather than other, more luxurious perks).
Mastercard Retail Offers
This section of the main Mastercard Australia website houses a selection of offers from partner merchants, which could include individual hotels or booking services. Depending on when you look, there may only be a handful of deals here, so it’s worth taking a quick look before you book your next hotel stay.
The Mastercard Priceless Cities website gives you access to a variety of deals in cities around the world, including dining, entertainment and travel offers. There isn’t a hotel category on the website, but you can type “hotels” into the search bar to pull up relevant offers.
These deals are typically for individual hotel brands and could include exclusive room rates, money off your booking or other premium benefits. As the offers vary by hotel and location, you may want to use the other search options to narrow down your results based on where you want to go.
As a top-tier option, World Mastercard credit cards give you access to more premium offers and privileges. In the case of hotels, this often includes complimentary room upgrades, early check-in, late check-out, complimentary breakfast and welcome drinks or hampers.
You can see the latest hotel offers by selecting “Luxury Hotels” as the search category, and also have the option of focusing your search based on region or country. In most cases, you’ll have to click on an individual offer to see details of the benefits available.
Tip: Find out about hotel offers through the Mastercard concierge
If you have a Platinum or World Mastercard that offers a concierge service, you could call them and ask about relevant offers based on your travel plans. This might help you save time searching through deals online and figuring out if they are relevant.
How can I claim a Mastercard hotel offer?
Once you’ve found a hotel offer you want to use, you’ll need to make sure you meet the terms and conditions to claim it. While each hotel offer is different, you’ll generally have to use your eligible Mastercard to pay for your stay. Other conditions may include:
- Making a new booking. You’ll generally only be able to enjoy Mastercard hotel offers when you make a new booking with your eligible credit card. However, if you have a World Mastercard, you could also ask the hotel staff if there are any benefits available when you check in.
- Booking through a particular website. Some of these offers are only available when you book through a set website, such as the World Mastercard website.
- Entering a promo code. For discounts on online hotel bookings, you may need to add a promo code before you pay with your Mastercard. When that’s the case, the offer page will include details of the relevant code.
- Taking your Mastercard to the hotel. Some hotels might ask you to present your Mastercard when you check in so that you can claim hotel perks, such as a room upgrade.
- Booking the hotel in your name. With these types of hotel offers, the name on your booking usually has to match the name on your Mastercard.
- Claiming the offer when it’s valid. As Mastercard hotel offers are seasonal, you will only be able to claim a deal during the set promotional period.
What about offers that say "subject to availability"?
Some Mastercard hotel perks are only available when a hotel has the capacity to offer them to you. For example, you might not be able to get a room upgrade or late check-out if a hotel is fully booked when you’re staying there. This means you may not know if you’ll enjoy these perks before you get to the hotel.
Keep this in mind when you’re deciding whether or not to book a stay with a particular hotel. If you want to find out more about the hotel benefits that are subject to availability, you could also try calling the hotel or the Mastercard concierge (when you can), to find out how likely it is that you’ll get these perks during your stay.
If you’re already planning to pay for hotel stays with a Mastercard credit card, these offers give you a way to get more value from your booking. You could also shop around for other hotel deals available through different brands and booking services, or check out Visa hotel offers to find an option that fits your travel plans.