What you need to know about the Everyday Rewards program
Find out how to earn Qantas Points at the supermarket or get cash off your next shop with Everyday Rewards.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
The Everyday Rewards program gives you a way to earn points on your spending at Woolworths supermarkets, BWS, Big W and participating Caltex Woolworths fuel outlets – as well as with select partners. You can then choose to redeem your points for cash off your shop at Woolworths, save them up for Christmas or convert them to Qantas Points.
Use this guide to learn more about Everyday Rewards, including how to join, how to earn points and the different rewards you can choose from.
How to join Everyday Rewards
There is no cost to join Everyday Rewards and you can sign up through the website in a few minutes by following these steps:
- Provide your name, email address, phone number, date of birth and a password for the Everyday Rewards Website.
- Provide a mailing address for your Everyday Rewards card.
- Confirm your details and click on "Join Everyday Rewards".
After that, you'll be emailed confirmation of your membership. You can then print out a temporary membership card if you want to start earning points straight away. Your actual card will arrive within seven days.
Alternatively, you can also apply to join Everyday Rewards in a participating store. When you do this, you'll get a temporary, cardboard membership card that you can scan to earn points. You'll then need to complete your account activation online by following the steps above.
Earning Everyday Rewards points
Points on your shopping
There are three ways you can earn points for your spending at Woolworths supermarkets, BWS, Big W or at participating Caltex Woolworths fuel outlets:
- Shopping in person. Swipe your Everyday Rewards membership card at the register before you pay and you'll earn 1 point per $1 spent. Note that if you forget to swipe your card at the checkout, you won’t be able to earn rewards for that purchase.
- Shopping with your phone. You can also earn points by scanning a digital version of your membership card via the Woolworths app. You’ll just need to download the app to your smart phone or device and add your membership card information under the "More" section. Once these details are saved, you just need to click "show barcode" when holding your phone up to the register.
- Shopping online. If you buy your groceries through Woolworths Online, you’ll be asked to fill in your Everyday Rewards details as part of the payment process.
What purchases don't earn points?
You can only earn Everyday Rewards points on "eligible purchases", which include most everyday items you'll buy at Woolworths or another partner. Purchases that are not eligible to earn points include smoking products, gift cards, mobile recharge, Woolworths Mobile, travel cards and tickets, delivery charges, internet cafes, Woolworths flowers, Carpet Care, lottery products and purchases made using Caltex Starcard.
Points with partners
Both Origin Energy and Bupa have partnered with Everyday Rewards to offer you the following ways to earn points:
- Origin Energy. Sign up for an Origin Everyday Rewards Energy Plan and you'll earn at least 5,000 points as a new customer, plus 1 point per $1 on your energy bill. These plans are available for residential properties, with options for electricity, natural gas or a combined plan.
- Bupa: Link your existing Bupa health insurance account to your Everyday Rewards account and earn 3x points on fresh fruit and veggies, as well as Macro Wholefoods Market products at Woolworths. If you're not a member of Bupa (and haven't been for at least 12 months), you could also collect extra points when you sign up for an eligible health insurance plan and give Bupa your Everyday Rewards details.
Bonus points and special offers
Everyday Rewards provides bonus point offers and other promotions at different times through the year. Current offers are usually shared by email or through the Woolworths app. As well as personalised offers, you’ll also receive member-only deals and exclusive offers in-store, online and via email.
You can also check your current offers, view your point balance and update your reward preferences at selected Woolworths supermarkets that have a Rewards Hub. Simply scan your membership card at the terminal to access these services.
Using a Woolworths credit card
Woolworths also offers two credit cards that earn reward points for your everyday spending and double as your Everyday Rewards membership card. We've highlighted the key details for each card below:
- Woolworths Everyday Platinum. This credit card offers 3 points per $1 spent on Woolworths brand products, 2 points per $1 spent at participating Woolworths Groups stores and 1 point per $1 spent elsewhere. These points are then converted to a shopping card that you can use across participating Woolworths group stores.
- Woolworths Qantas Platinum. This card earns 1 Qantas Point per $1 spent up to $2,500 per statement period, then 0.5 points per $1 spent for the rest of that statement period. It also includes complimentary travel insurance and exclusive platinum card offers.
Using Everyday Rewards points
You have three options for using the points you earn through this supermarket loyalty program:
- Save at the checkout. You’ll automatically save $10 on your next eligible shop at Woolworths or BWS when your balance reaches 2,000 points. Note that you won't be able to get money off your shop through Everyday Rewards when shopping at Big W or Caltex Woolworths fuel outlets.
- Stock up your points. If you don’t want to redeem rewards each time you reach 2,000 points, you can opt to save your points for events such as Christmas or birthdays when you know you’ll be spending more.
- Convert to Qantas Points. You can convert your Everyday Rewards to Qantas Points, with 2,000 Everyday Rewards points equalling 1,000 Qantas Points. This is an earn rate of 0.5 Qantas Points per $1 spent. Every 2,000 Everyday Rewards points you earn will be automatically converted to Qantas Points and should appear in your frequent flyer account within 24 hours.
How many Qantas Points can I earn at Woolworths?
Everyday Rewards could help you get extra value from your spending at Woolworths, BWS, Big W and Caltex Woolworths fuel outlets. The range of Woolworths credit cards also offer additional value and rewards, but remember to weigh up the costs of these cards and compare a range of options so that you can find the right fit for your spending habits and needs.
Frequently asked questions
Want to know more about Everyday Rewards? Below, we've included answers to some common questions. If you have another question, check out our complete guide to Everyday Rewards FAQs or leave a comment below.
Pictures: ShutterstockBack to top
More guides on Finder
Coles No Annual Fee Mastercard – Exclusive Offer
Enjoy 10,000 bonus points and 12 months interest-free on balance transfers and purchases. Plus, an ongoing $0 annual fee.
Best wine clubs and subscription services in Australia
We’ve done the hard work to find the best wine clubs and subscription services for Australian wine drinkers.
Citi Rewards Card – Bonus Points Offer
Earn flexible rewards points as you spend and enjoy a big 100,000 bonus points offer with the Citi Rewards Credit Card.
HSBC Platinum Credit Card
This card offers 0% interest on balance transfers for 36 months, a discounted $29 first year annual fee and platinum benefits including airport lounge passes and complimentary insurance covers.
Citi Rewards Card – Velocity Points Offer
Enjoy 100,000 bonus Velocity Points, a reduced first-year annual fee and points per $1 spent with the Citi Rewards credit card.
American Express Velocity Business Card
The American Express Velocity Business Card earns points per $1 spent and offers complimentary travel insurance and two complimentary Virgin Australia lounge passes each year.
American Express Qantas Business Rewards Card
The Amex Qantas Business Rewards Card offers 150,000 bonus Qantas Points, no pre-set spending limit and platinum perks including complimentary insurances.
Kogan Money Black Card – Exclusive Offer
Pay 0% interest on balance transfers and get a $50 Kogan.com Credit with a new Kogan Money Black Card.
Citi Rewards Card – Points & Gift Card Offer
Enjoy an introductory 90,000 bonus Citi reward Points, a $100 Coles eGift card, plus a reduced first-year annual fee with this Citi Rewards Card offer.
Westpac Altitude Platinum Qantas – Existing customer offer
With bonus Qantas Points and a range of complimentary insurance covers, the Westpac Altitude Platinum - Qantas is worth considering if you want more frequent flyer points.
Supercharge your frequent flyer points with Points Finder
Ask an Expert