Think Mobile phone plans
Think Mobile is an affordable mobile network that emphasises its local customer service and cheaper prices.
Is Think Mobile right for me?
- What does Think Mobile offer? A variety of SIM-only plans on both the Vodafone and Telstra mobile networks.
- Product highlights: Get generous data caps on 6- and 12-month Ultimate plans as well as the ability to choose between Telstra and Vodafone network coverage.
- Watch out for: Committing to a fixed-term contract on Think's Ultimate plans gets you an impressive amount of bonus data, but be aware that the cost for cancelling early is the same as sticking the contract out to completion. Make sure you're happy with this before signing up.
Compare mobile plans below
Think Mobile SIM-only plans
Think Mobile's SIM-only plans explained
Think Mobile splits its SIM-only mobile plans into three categories: Ultimate plans, Super plans and Classic plans. These differ not only in call and data inclusions, but network coverage as well. All plans are available on month-to-month contracts, but the Ultimate plans can be purchased on long-term contracts in exchange for larger monthly data caps.
Think Mobile Ultimate plans
The Ultimate plans offer unlimited standard calls and texts along with a data quota, all supplied on Vodafone's national 3G and 4G networks. Think operates these plans on a postpaid basis with a choice of month-to-month, 6-month and 12-month contracts.
Think Mobile does not apply a flat $10/GB excess usage fee for any additional data usage above your quota, instead charging 1c/MB of excess usage. That could be more cost-effective if you only go slightly over your quota as it becomes an effective $10/GB anyway.
Here's Think Mobile's current plan pricing for its Ultimate plans:
- Think Mobile Ultimate $30: 5GB on a month-to-month contract, 10GB on a 6-month contract, 20GB on a 12-month contract
- Think Mobile Ultimate $37: 10GB on a month-to-month contract, 20GB on a 6-month contract, 40GB on a 12-month contract
- Think Mobile Ultimate $48: 20GB on a month-to-month contract, 40GB on a 6-month contract, 80GB on a 12-month contract
If you commit to any of Think Mobile's fixed-term contracts, keep in mind that you'll have to pay the minimum cost of your plan even if you decide to cancel before the contract is up. Upon cancellation, the telco will charge you an early termination fee equal to your plan's standard rate multiplied by the number of months remaining in your contract.
Think Mobile Super plans
Think also offers a range of lower cost mobile plans on the Vodafone 4G network, branded as Think Mobile Super Plans. They're lower in cost and have fewer included extras, and they operate only on a month-to-month basis.
Being postpaid plans, you'll be billed at the end of each month for at least the plan value, plus any additional usage charges you may accrue. It's worth noting that Think Mobile's Super plans charge 2.5c/MB for excess usage, which is well above the industry norm of $10/GB, or effectively 1c/MB.
Here's Think Mobile's current plan pricing for its Super plans:
- Think Mobile Super $12: $200 value calls and texts, up to 200MB data
- Think Mobile Super $20: $500 value calls and texts, up to 750MB data
Think Mobile Classic plans
The Classic plans are pitched squarely at folks who are concerned about coverage in regional areas. Unlike Think Mobile's Ultimate or Super plans, the Classic plans operate on the Telstra 3G and 4G networks, which means potentially greater coverage if that's important to you.
The Classic plans operate on a postpaid, month-to-month basis. Excess data is charged at the industry standard of 1c/MB, or $10 per 1GB.
- Think Mobile Classic $15: Unlimited calls and texts, up to 500MB data
- Think Mobile Classic $25: Unlimited calls and texts, up to 1GB data
- Think Mobile Classic $35: Unlimited calls and texts, up to 2GB data
How does Think Mobile compare?
- Flexibility to choose between Vodafone and Telstra's mobile networks
- 6- and 12-month Ultimate plans get you plenty of data for your dollar
- Month-to-month plans don't stack up quite so well against the competition
Why should you consider Think Mobile?
Think Mobile's flexibility in terms of providers has some appeal because while its Vodafone plans offer better value, if you find yourself consistently in areas with better Telstra coverage, you could easily swap over to a Classic plan after a month with little in the way of penalty.
There's also some scope for saving on the Ultimate plans if you go over quota. The near-standard rate for excess data on most postpaid plans is to charge a flat $10 the second you go over quota and apply an extra 1GB of data to your plan, where Think Mobile instead charges a per-MB fee. You may find this appealing if you only use a small amount more than your quota, especially on the Ultimate plan where excess data is charged at 1c/MB.
Think mobile deals
To compare offers from other Aussie telcos, head over to our round-up of the latest mobile plan deals.
- Telstra, Optus & more offer free data and discounts for working from home: How much more do you get?
- Vodafone’s 5G network is now online
- Telstra postpaid customers can score a heavily discounted Kayo Sports subscription
- 365 Day & Long Expiry Prepaid Mobile Plans April 2020
- Optus rolls out new Samsung Galaxy S20 plans with free Buds+ and double data
Read more on this topic
Vodafone’s 5G network is now online Vodafone goes live with its first 5G site in Australia, with talks of 5G global roaming soon to come.
365 Day & Long Expiry Prepaid Mobile Plans March 2020 We help you make the most of every recharge with these top-value 365 day & other long expiry prepaid plans. We've selected picks on each major network, and broken down the pros & cons of the plans for easy comparison.
Optus rolls out new Samsung Galaxy S20 plans with free Buds+ and double data Pre-order the latest Samsung handset from Optus and get double the data for the first year, plus a free pair of Galaxy Buds+.
Telstra releases S20 plans with free upgrade from S20 to S20+ Telstra's giving you a free upgrade from the Samsung S20 to S20+ for a limited time only.
Vodafone releases S20 plans with free 4G to 5G model upgrade Vodafone is giving you a free upgrade to the new 5G Samsung S20 and S20+ models, as well as complimentary Galaxy Buds+.
Woolworths Mobile deals on latest Samsung Galaxy models Woolworths Mobile has cut $250 off their new Samsung S20 range, with bonus savings off your grocery bills too.
Vodafone 5G: What you need to know Vodafone's 5G network will be available from early 2020, joining rivals Telstra and Optus with just a few key differences worth knowing about.
Black Friday Mobile Plan Deals 2019 Grab a SIM or phone plan on the cheap this Black Friday & Cyber Monday.
Stick to the plan: Aussies forking out millions on excess mobile data charges Finder research shows that over the past 12 months, Aussies have wasted $152.6 million on excess data charges.
Google Pixel 4 plans compared If you're keen on a Google Pixel 4 on contract through Telstra, Optus or Vodafone, we've got all the details you need.
Latest mobile plan deals on Finder
After significant testing, these are our picks of the phones to buy
Read why this is one of the best Samsung Galaxy phones yet
Ask an Expert