After significant testing, these are our picks of the phones to buy
Bendigo Telco mobile plans compared December 2019
If you have friends or family overseas, Bendigo Telco's SIM-only mobile plans have plenty to offer you.
Is Bendigo Telco right for me?
- What does Bendigo Telco offer? Bendigo Telco offers month-to-month and 12-month SIM-only plans across the Optus 3G and 4G networks. These plans sit alongside Bendigo Telco's NBN, ADSL and mobile broadband plans.
- Product highlights: Extra data on 12-month plans, international call credit on all $30+ plans.
- Watch out for: If you're considering signing up with Bendigo Telco, you're going to get significantly more value by committing to a 12-month contract. The catch there is that you'll have to pay an early termination fee of up to $175 if you want to cancel your plan before the year is up.
Bendigo Telco month-to-month SIM-only plans
Bendigo Telco's month-to-month SIM-only plans explained
Bendigo Telco's month-to-month SIM-only plans operate on the Optus 3G and 4G networks. They range from budget offerings with 1GB of data and limited monthly call credit to more expensive fare with 15GB of data and unlimited national calls plus an allowance of international call credit every month. All plans also include unlimited national SMS and MMS.
- XS plan: $11.50 a month for $220 of call credit and 1GB of data
- S plan: $17.50 a month for $330 of call credit and 1.5GB of data
- M plan: $30 a month for unlimited national calls, $50 of international call credit and 6GB of data
- L plan: $40 a month for unlimited national calls, $300 of international call credit and 10GB of data
- XL plan: $50 a month for unlimited national calls, $500 of international call credit and 15GB of data
Exceeding the included national or international call credit on any of Bendigo Telco's plans will incur additional charges at Bendigo Telco's standard call rates. If you exhaust your monthly data allowance, you will continue to automatically receive data in 1GB blocks for $10 each.
Beyond the standard call inclusions, Bendigo Telco offers international roaming for using your mobile service outside of Australia – a feature you'll need to activate separately before you can take advantage of it.[/expander-content]
Bendigo Telco 12-month SIM-only plans
Bendigo Telco's 12-month SIM-only plans explained
- S plan: $17.50 a month for unlimited national calls and 2.5GB of data
- M plan: $30 a month for unlimited national calls, $50 of international call credit and 10GB of data
- L plan: $40 a month for unlimited national calls, $300 of international call credit and 18GB of data
- XL plan: $50 a month for unlimited national calls, $500 of international call credit and 23GB of data
As with its month-to-month plans, Bendigo Telco charges at its standard rates for any calls over and above your monthly inclusions. Excess data is calculated in 1GB chunks, with a $10 charge for every additional 1GB beyond your monthly cap.
If you sign up with one of Bendigo Telco's 12-month plans and want to cancel before the year is up, you'll have to pay an early termination fee. On the S plan, this fee is $60, on the M plan it's $95, on the L plan it's $135, and on the XL plan it's $175.
How does Bendigo Telco compare?
- 12-month plans offer a decent sum of data for the price
- Month-to-month plans, meanwhile, struggle to compete with other options on the market
- The inclusion of international call credit is a nice plus
Why should you consider Bendigo Telco?
Bendigo Telco's mobile plans might not deliver the best value for Aussies only interested in standard calls and mobile data, but they do offer something that a lot of competing plans don't: international credit. If you've got friends, family or business associates overseas, adding up to $500 of international call credit every month can make Bendigo Telco's mobile plans quite compelling.
There's also the fact that Bendigo Telco throws in extra data if you're willing to sign up for a 12-month contract. Few SIM-only mobile providers offer such deals these days, preferring instead to focus on month-to-month plans alone. So long as you're happy making a long-term commitment, Bendigo Telco can actually be cheaper than similar month-to-month providers.
How to contact Bendigo Telco
|Phone||1300 228 123|
|Support hours||Mon-Fri: 8:30am to 5:30pm|
|Contact form||Contact Bendigo Telco|
Latest mobile plan deals on Finder
Read why this is one of the best Samsung Galaxy phones yet