- Pretty decent value on their mobile plans.
- Also sells basic handsets if you’re not looking for a shiny new smartphone.
- Network reaches 98.8% of Australians.
Pennytel Mobile Plans
Pennytel provides affordable SIM only mobile phone plans that are easy to understand.
Pennytel isn’t necessarily new, but it was relaunched as recently as 2018 to provide mobile plans to Australians. They provide very simple plans that offer straightforward data for a reasonable monthly price.
Compare more mobile plans below
Compare Pennytel's SIM only plans here
Bring your own handset and get access to Pennytel's SIM only month-to-month plans, with up to 10GB available.
Pennytel review: Why choose it?
Pennytel is among a number of MVNOs that offer a few plans of moderate value, so always compare all your options to see if you can get a better deal. On top of regular plan inclusions, you get:
- International inclusions. Pennytel's most expensive plan includes unlimited calls and text to 15 countries.
- Roaming. You can activate international roaming in certain countries, where you'll get unlimited calls and texts plus 200MB of data for $10 per day, automatically renewed every day you use service overseas. Consider using a cheaper option like a local SIM since roaming charges can add up fast.
- Handsets. Pennytel sells a couple of Nokia handsets that you can buy when you purchase a plan from it. You may be eligible for a discount on the handsets with a Pennytel plan.
- Moderate value. Pennytel's plans provide alright data per dollar value, but its more expensive offerings aren't as impressive.
- No extras. Pennytel doesn't have any additional features on its plans. You'll have to choose a different provider if you want them.
Pennytel network coverage
Pennytel uses the Telstra wholesale 3G and 4G networks, which cover around 98.8% of Australians. The difference in coverage between the wholesale and full networks is mostly confined to a few rural and regional areas.
How do I switch to Pennytel?
Read more on this topic
amaysim acquires OVO: What does that mean for you? The deal cements amaysim's status as Australia's largest MVNO.
The best deals in Telstra’s Super Saver sale Find out how you could save up to $330 on a new mobile phone with Telstra's Super Saver deals.
New iPhone SE 2020 Plans from Telstra, Optus & Vodafone Telstra, Vodafone & Optus have released mobile plans for the new iPhone SE 2020. We've broken down their prices and features here.
Save by switching to a cheap mobile plan during lockdown Spending more time at home means we're using our mobile data less. Save $100 over the next 3 months by switching to a cheap mobile plan.
Optus and Vodafone now offering the Google Pixel 4 at half price We compare the two offerings and which plans they're available on.
Vodafone’s 5G network is now online Vodafone goes live with its first 5G site in Australia, with talks of 5G global roaming soon to come.
Optus rolls out new Samsung Galaxy S20 plans with free Buds+ and double data Pre-order the latest Samsung handset from Optus and get double the data for the first year, plus a free pair of Galaxy Buds+.
Telstra releases S20 plans with free upgrade from S20 to S20+ Telstra's giving you a free upgrade from the Samsung S20 to S20+ for a limited time only.
Vodafone releases S20 plans with free 4G to 5G model upgrade Vodafone is giving you a free upgrade to the new 5G Samsung S20 and S20+ models, as well as complimentary Galaxy Buds+.
Woolworths Mobile deals on latest Samsung Galaxy models Woolworths Mobile has cut $250 off their new Samsung S20 range, with bonus savings off your grocery bills too.
Latest mobile plan deals on Finder
After significant testing, these are our picks of the phones to buy
Read why this is one of the best Samsung Galaxy phones yet