Pennytel Mobile Plans
Pennytel provides affordable SIM only mobile phone plans that are easy to understand.
Pennytel isn’t necessarily new, but it was relaunched as recently as 2018 to provide mobile plans to Australians. They provide very simple plans that offer straightforward data for a reasonable monthly price.
- Pretty decent value on their mobile plans.
- Also sells basic handsets if you’re not looking for a shiny new smartphone.
- Network reaches 98.8% of Australians.
Compare more mobile plans below
Compare Pennytel's SIM only plans here
Bring your own handset and get access to Pennytel's SIM only month-to-month plans, with up to 10GB available.
Pennytel review: Why choose it?
Pennytel is among a number of MVNOs that offer a few plans of moderate value, so always compare all your options to see if you can get a better deal. On top of regular plan inclusions, you get:
- International inclusions. Pennytel's most expensive plan includes unlimited calls and text to 15 countries.
- Roaming. You can activate international roaming in certain countries, where you'll get unlimited calls and texts plus 200MB of data for $10 per day, automatically renewed every day you use service overseas. Consider using a cheaper option like a local SIM since roaming charges can add up fast.
- Handsets. Pennytel sells a couple of Nokia handsets that you can buy when you purchase a plan from it. You may be eligible for a discount on the handsets with a Pennytel plan.
- Moderate value. Pennytel's plans provide alright data per dollar value, but its more expensive offerings aren't as impressive.
- No extras. Pennytel doesn't have any additional features on its plans. You'll have to choose a different provider if you want them.
Pennytel network coverage
Pennytel uses the Telstra wholesale 3G and 4G networks, which cover around 98.8% of Australians. The difference in coverage between the wholesale and full networks is mostly confined to a few rural and regional areas.
How do I switch to Pennytel?
Read more on this topic
New Samsung Note 20 5G plans from Telstra, Optus and Vodafone: Where is the best value? Find out which provider has the best value plan for the new Samsung Galaxy Note 5G range.
Optus 5G coverage Check out Optus' 5G coverage areas, plans, and compatible mobile devices in our guide.
Vodafone 5G coverage Find out more about coverage areas, plans and compatible mobile devices in our Vodafone 5G guide.
Optus freezes mobile plan prices: Is it now better value than Telstra and Vodafone? How plans from the big telcos compare right now.
What does the finally completed TPG/Vodafone merger mean for you? How will customer options and pricing be affected?
How does Optus's unlimited mobile top-up stack up? $5 for unlimited data for 24 hours, so what's the catch?
Circles.Life outperforms all other mobile providers with its $28 plan With $10 off a month for a limited time only, we show you why Circles.Life's 100GB plan is a clear winner against its competitors.
amaysim acquires OVO: What does that mean for you? The deal cements amaysim's status as Australia's largest MVNO.
The best deals in Telstra’s Super Saver sale Find out how you could save up to $330 on a new mobile phone with Telstra's Super Saver deals.
New iPhone SE 2020 Plans from Telstra, Optus & Vodafone Telstra, Vodafone & Optus have released mobile plans for the new iPhone SE 2020. We've broken down their prices and features here.
Latest mobile plan deals on Finder
After significant testing, these are our picks of the phones to buy
Read why this is one of the best Samsung Galaxy phones yet