After significant testing, these are our picks of the phones to buy
Aussie Broadband mobile plans compared
Aussie Broadband offers SIM-only mobile plans powered by Telstra's 3G and 4G network.
Is Aussie Broadband right for me?
- What does Aussie Broadband offer? SIM-only mobile plans with no-lock-in contracts and coverage provided by parts of the Telstra 3G and 4G networks. These plans are offered alongside Aussie Broadband's NBN plans.
- Product highlights: No-lock-in contracts, Telstra network coverage, large data caps available.
- Watch out for: Aussie Broadband mobile plans only have access to parts of the Telstra 3G and 4G networks. In certain areas, this can lead to inferior coverage than on the full Telstra network.
Compare mobile plans below
Aussie Broadband SIM-only mobile plans
Aussie Broadband's SIM-only plans explained
Aussie Broadband currently offers eight SIM-only mobile plans, all of which run on parts of the Telstra 3G and 4G networks. There are no-lock-in contracts to worry about, with Aussie Broadband giving you the freedom to cancel at any time without penalty.
- XS: 1GB of data for $15 a month
- S: 2GB of data for $19 a month
- M: 5GB of data for $29 a month
- L: 10GB of data for $35 a month
- XL: 15GB of data for $39 a month
- XXL: 30GB of data for $49 a month
- XXXL: 60GB of data for $69 a month
There are no set-up fees associated with Aussie Broadband's mobile plans. There are no standard excess usage fees, either; if you use up your monthly quota of data, your service will be suspended until the end of your current billing period. Alternatively, you can purchase data blocks à la carte at $10 per 1GB to get you by until your quota resets.
It's also worth noting that Aussie Broadband charges $15 for delivery of your SIM card, unless you order it at the same time as a modem-router bundled in with a broadband plan from Aussie Broadband.
How does Aussie Broadband compare?
- Plenty of data caps to choose from
- Telstra network provides increased coverage to rural and remote areas
- Pricing is on the premium side compared to the competition
Aussie Broadband doesn't exactly make the strongest case for its mobile plans. While these are far from the most expensive on the market, they don't offer the same value offered by many competing providers.
That said, Aussie Broadband does have the advantage of being one of only a few Australian telcos to operate on Telstra's 3G and 4G network. It's still not the cheapest Telstra MVNO around, but it's worth considering if you're deadset on a Telstra-powered mobile plan.
- Telstra, Optus & more offer free data and calls for working from home: How much more do you get?
- Vodafone’s 5G network is now online
- Telstra postpaid customers can score a heavily discounted Kayo Sports subscription
- 365 Day & Long Expiry Prepaid Mobile Plans April 2020
- Optus rolls out new Samsung Galaxy S20 plans with free Buds+ and double data
Read more on this topic
Vodafone’s 5G network is now online Vodafone goes live with its first 5G site in Australia, with talks of 5G global roaming soon to come.
365 Day & Long Expiry Prepaid Mobile Plans April 2020 We help you make the most of every recharge with these top-value 365 day & other long expiry prepaid plans. We've selected picks on each major network, and broken down the pros & cons of the plans for easy comparison.
Optus rolls out new Samsung Galaxy S20 plans with free Buds+ and double data Pre-order the latest Samsung handset from Optus and get double the data for the first year, plus a free pair of Galaxy Buds+.
Telstra releases S20 plans with free upgrade from S20 to S20+ Telstra's giving you a free upgrade from the Samsung S20 to S20+ for a limited time only.
Vodafone releases S20 plans with free 4G to 5G model upgrade Vodafone is giving you a free upgrade to the new 5G Samsung S20 and S20+ models, as well as complimentary Galaxy Buds+.
Woolworths Mobile deals on latest Samsung Galaxy models Woolworths Mobile has cut $250 off their new Samsung S20 range, with bonus savings off your grocery bills too.
Vodafone 5G: What you need to know Vodafone's 5G network will be available from early 2020, joining rivals Telstra and Optus with just a few key differences worth knowing about.
Black Friday Mobile Plan Deals 2019 Grab a SIM or phone plan on the cheap this Black Friday & Cyber Monday.
Stick to the plan: Aussies forking out millions on excess mobile data charges Finder research shows that over the past 12 months, Aussies have wasted $152.6 million on excess data charges.
Google Pixel 4 plans compared If you're keen on a Google Pixel 4 on contract through Telstra, Optus or Vodafone, we've got all the details you need.
Latest mobile plan deals on Finder
Read why this is one of the best Samsung Galaxy phones yet