CMobile SIM plans on the Telstra and Vodafone networks
CMobile offers budget-centric plans across both the Telstra and Vodafone networks.
Is CMobile right for me?
- What does CMobile offer? CMobile offers two flavours of SIM-only mobile plans: Red plans and Blue plans. Red plans use the Vodafone 3G and 4G networks, while Blue plans use the Telstra 3G and 4G networks. This is the same structure CMobile uses for its mobile broadband plans.
- Product highlights: No lock-in contracts, flexibility to choose between Vodafone and Telstra networks.
- Watch out for: Both CMobile's Red and Blue plans are markedly more expensive than a lot of other options on the market. Be sure to compare them against plans from other Aussie telcos before signing up to ensure you get a good deal.
Compare mobile plans below
CMobile Red plans
CMobile's Red plans explained
All CMobile's Red plans feature no-lock-in contracts with monthly fees charged on a postpaid basis. Here's what they look like:
- Red $5 which includes $5 of call credit.
- Red $11.90 which includes unlimited calls and texts along with 1GB of data.
- Red $16.90 which includes unlimited calls and texts along with 2GB of data.
- Red $24.90 which includes unlimited calls and texts along with 4GB of data.
- Red $34.90 which includes unlimited calls and texts along with 6GB of data.
- Red Annual which includes $50 of call credit with a 12-month expiry for $50.
If you exceed your monthly data on any of CMobile's Red plans except the $5 and Annual plans, you'll be automatically charged at a rate of 1 cent per 1MB. On the $5 Red plan, this increases to 1.5c per 1MB, while the Red Annual plan charges 2c per excess MB.
Call rates for the $5 Red plan are 9c/min for standard calls plus 9c per standard SMS. On the Red Annual plan, these rates increase to 10c each.
CMobile Blue plans
CMobile's Blue plans explained
For its Blue plans, CMobile uses parts of the Telstra 3G and 4G networks. This leads to increased coverage over its Red plans, with around 98.8% of the Australian population serviced by the network. That kind of coverage doesn't come cheap though, with CMobile's Blue plans costing quite a bit more per month than their equivalent Red plans.
Like the Red plans, CMobile's Blue plans operate on a month-to-month, postpaid payment schedule. Unlike the Red plans though, all Blue plans include unlimited standard talk and text.
Pricing for CMobile's Blue plans is as follows:
- Blue $9.90 a month for 500MB of data
- Blue $10.90 a month for 1GB of data
- Blue $16.90 a month for 2GB of data
- Blue $19.90 a month for 3GB of data
- Blue $22.90 a month for 4GB of data
- Blue $27.90 a month for 10GB of data
- Blue $36.90 a month for 15GB of data
- Blue $42.90 a month for 20GB of data
- Blue $49.90 a month for 30GB of data
- Blue $54.90 a month for 40GB of data
- Blue $64.90 a month for 60GB of data
If you go over your monthly data limit on any of CMobile's Blue plans, you'll be automatically charged at a rate of $10 per 1GB. Excess usage is counted in 1GB increments too, so you'll have to pay the full $10 even if you don't use the whole 1GB.
How does CMobile compare?
- Support for Telstra and Vodafone networks lets you choose the one that's best for you.
- Both Red and Blue plans lack the value offered by many competing providers.
- Red plans are only available with small data caps.
Since CMobile has two separate networks at its disposal, it's able to compete on both the low-cost front with its Red plans and on the coverage front with its Blue plans.
Why should you consider CMobile?
While CMobile's uncommon dual-network approach stands out from the pack, its actual plans aren't quite so noteworthy. Both its Vodafone-powered Red plans and its Telstra-fuelled Blue plans lag behind the competition in delivering value for money, though its Blue plans still ring in cheaper than Telstra's own equivalent plans – the caveat there, of course, is that Telstra's plans have full access to its network.
Nevertheless, if you're after the best deals for your dollar, you'll probably want to look elsewhere.
CMobile SIM deals
To compare offers from other Aussie telcos, head over to our round-up of the latest mobile plan deals.
How to contact CMobile
|Phone||1300 545 000|
|Support hours||Mon - Fri: 9:00am to 6:00am|
|Contact form||Contact CMobile|
Read more on this topic
Vodafone 5G: What you need to know Vodafone's 5G network will be available from early 2020, joining rivals Telstra and Optus with just a few key differences worth knowing about.
Black Friday Mobile Plan Deals 2019 Grab a SIM or phone plan on the cheap this Black Friday & Cyber Monday.
Stick to the plan: Aussies forking out millions on excess mobile data charges Finder research shows that over the past 12 months, Aussies have wasted $152.6 million on excess data charges.
Should you keep your landline? With unlimited calls now a standard inclusion for mobile plans, why are some Aussies yet to hang up on their home phone?
Google Pixel 4 plans compared If you're keen on a Google Pixel 4 on contract through Telstra, Optus or Vodafone, we've got all the details you need.
3G network shutdown Australia: What you need to know 3G networks will be decommissioned in Australia, but there’s still time to make plans for the switch-off – it's a few years away yet.
Optus adds Galaxy S10 5G and Oppo Reno 5G to its 5G line-up Telstra’s exclusive on Samsung and Oppo’s 5G handsets comes to an end, with the Oppo Reno 5G joining the Optus ranks.
Compare Australian iPhone 11 plans If you're after the iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro or iPhone 11 Pro Max on contract, you've got plenty of options to consider.
Telstra rolls out iPhone 11 plans with bonus Telstra Plus points Score points towards a variety of rewards with Telstra's iPhone 11 plans.
Optus is offering iPhone 11 plans with up to 200GB of data Choose from all three models of the latest iPhone on a range of 24-month and 36-month contracts.
Latest mobile plan deals on Finder
After significant testing, these are our picks of the phones to buy
Read why this is one of the best Samsung Galaxy phones yet
Ask an Expert