Better Life Mobile phone plans
Better Life Mobile offers prepaid plans with a focus on providing services to those on lower incomes.
Is Better Life Mobile right for me?
- What does Better Life Mobile offer? Better Life Mobile offers prepaid mobile plans over parts of the Telstra 3G and 4G networks. For folks interested in data alone, Better Life Mobile also has a single mobile broadband plan available.
- Product highlights: No-lock-in contracts, speed and coverage provided by the Telstra mobile network.
- Watch out for: Better Life Mobile's prepaid plans are set to automatically renew at the end of every billing cycle. You'll need to submit a cancellation request before the current cycle ends if you want to change plan without paying for an extra month of service.
Compare mobile plans below
Better Life Mobile prepaid plans
Better Life Mobile's prepaid plans explained
Most of Better Life Mobile's prepaid plans expire on a monthly basis. Here's how those plans shake out:
- S plan: 3.5GB of data for $18 a month
- M plan: 14GB of data for $25 a month
- L plan: 18GB of data for $29 a month
- XL plan: 27GB of data for $35 a month
- XXL plan: 34GB of data for $39 a month
By default, Better Life Mobile will renew your plan at the end of each billing cycle, so you'll need to request a cancellation prior to that date if you don't want to continue your service.
If you're looking to chat with friends or family overseas, each of Better Life Mobile's mobile plans can be upgraded with an international call pack bolt-on. For $10 extra a month, this gets you 120 minutes' worth of calls to the following 50 countries:
In keeping with its goal of transparency, Better Life Mobile doesn't automatically charge you for excess data if you use up all your monthly allowance. Instead, your Internet service will be suspended and your monthly bill will remain free of nasty excess usage fees. If you can't wait until the end of the month for your cap to reset, you can purchase additional data in 1GB chunks for $10 each.
How does Better Life Mobile compare?
- Telstra network offers wider coverage and potentially faster speeds
- Pricing is on the high side for the amount of data you get
Why should you consider Better Life Mobile?
For those on a strict budget who can't afford to be blindsided by hidden fees, Better Life Mobile offers simple and affordable mobile plans with no contractual obligations to tie you down. Unlimited calls and generous data inclusions mean you don't have to sacrifice connectivity for value either, and with Telstra 4G powering Better Life Mobile's plans, you get access to the speediest and most accessible mobile network in Australia.
Then there are the indirect benefits. By signing up with Better Life Mobile, you'll be supporting its community initiatives and making it easier for the less-fortunate to get access to the telecommunications services we so often take for granted.
Better Life mobile deals
To compare offers from other Aussie telcos, head over to our round-up of the latest mobile plan deals.
- Telstra, Optus & more offer free data and discounts for working from home: How much more do you get?
- Vodafone’s 5G network is now online
- Telstra postpaid customers can score a heavily discounted Kayo Sports subscription
- 365 Day & Long Expiry Prepaid Mobile Plans April 2020
- Optus rolls out new Samsung Galaxy S20 plans with free Buds+ and double data
Read more on this topic
Vodafone’s 5G network is now online Vodafone goes live with its first 5G site in Australia, with talks of 5G global roaming soon to come.
365 Day & Long Expiry Prepaid Mobile Plans March 2020 We help you make the most of every recharge with these top-value 365 day & other long expiry prepaid plans. We've selected picks on each major network, and broken down the pros & cons of the plans for easy comparison.
Optus rolls out new Samsung Galaxy S20 plans with free Buds+ and double data Pre-order the latest Samsung handset from Optus and get double the data for the first year, plus a free pair of Galaxy Buds+.
Telstra releases S20 plans with free upgrade from S20 to S20+ Telstra's giving you a free upgrade from the Samsung S20 to S20+ for a limited time only.
Vodafone releases S20 plans with free 4G to 5G model upgrade Vodafone is giving you a free upgrade to the new 5G Samsung S20 and S20+ models, as well as complimentary Galaxy Buds+.
Woolworths Mobile deals on latest Samsung Galaxy models Woolworths Mobile has cut $250 off their new Samsung S20 range, with bonus savings off your grocery bills too.
Vodafone 5G: What you need to know Vodafone's 5G network will be available from early 2020, joining rivals Telstra and Optus with just a few key differences worth knowing about.
Black Friday Mobile Plan Deals 2019 Grab a SIM or phone plan on the cheap this Black Friday & Cyber Monday.
Stick to the plan: Aussies forking out millions on excess mobile data charges Finder research shows that over the past 12 months, Aussies have wasted $152.6 million on excess data charges.
Google Pixel 4 plans compared If you're keen on a Google Pixel 4 on contract through Telstra, Optus or Vodafone, we've got all the details you need.
Latest mobile plan deals on Finder
After significant testing, these are our picks of the phones to buy
Read why this is one of the best Samsung Galaxy phones yet
Ask an Expert