Better Life Mobile offers prepaid plans with a focus on providing services to those on eligible concession cards.
What services does Better Life Mobile offer?
Better Life Mobile’s services operate on parts of Telstra’s 3G and 4G networks. Like other Telstra MVNOs that means its operating at slightly slower 4G speeds when in coverage areas, and the coverage map itself is marginally smaller than the "full" Telstra network.
All of Better Life Mobile’s plans operate on a prepaid basis only. The prime focus of this particular MVNO is the provision of services to those on low-income benefits with eligible concession cards.
How much does Better Life Mobile cost?
Better Life Mobile’s plans are priced at $21 per month, $30 per month or $35 per month, although that may not be the price you pay. If you hold an eligible concession card, those prices are adjusted downwards by $2.
The entry level plan comes with unlimited standard national SMS as well as 15 MMS messages per month. Calls are limited to 500 minutes per month, and 1GB of data is included. Additional data may be purchased at a cost of $10 per GB.
On the higher tier $30 and $35 per month plans standard national calls are unlimited, as are SMS and MMS inclusions. The $30 plan includes 3GB of data while the $35 plan supplies you with 6GB of data.
What extras does Better Life Mobile offer?
The key extra provision for Better Life Mobile is that if you are on an eligible concession card then its plan prices drop to $19, $28 and $33 per month respectively.
Better Life Mobile’s core market is for those on some kind of concession card, and as such it’s not so much a question of extras as those services which are specifically limited in order to limit the possibilities of overspending on accounts. As such, features such as international calling and roaming are specifically disabled on all Better Life Mobile so that you can’t run up a large bill using those kinds of features.
- Discounts for concession card holders. Eligible customers can cut $2 off their monthly spend.
- Can’t overspend. With international calling and roaming disabled, you can’t end up with serious bill shock.
- Inflexible. If you do need additional services as part of your mobile usage, Better Life Mobile’s positioning may not suit you.
- Can’t add call minutes. Better Life Mobile’s entry level plan has a flat 250 minute call limit per month, but if you needed more time, there’s no way to add it.
Better Life Mobile prepaid recharge options
Better Life Mobile offers a number of ways to recharge your prepaid mobile service. Credit card payments are accepted for Visa and Mastercard only.
- By email: Accounts can be paid for upcoming recharges by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
- By phone: You can recharge your service by calling Better Life Mobile on 03 9018 5349
- Through Centrelink Centrepay: You can pay your Better Life Mobile account through Centrelink, either through your local Centrelink office or online. The details you’ll need are as follows:
Service Provider: Better Life Group Pty Ltd
P.O Box 271 Sandringham VIC 3191
Centrelink Provider Number: 555116274k
Account Number: (Your BL mobile phone number)
Reason: Mobile Phone Plan
- Via internet banking: Better Life Mobile accepts direct deposits via your financial institution’s internet banking platform. Use BSB 063 119 and account number 1047 2785 with the reference field matching your account number.