Better Life Mobile Plans
Better Life Mobile offers prepaid plans with a focus on providing services to those on lower incomes.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder.
Better Life Mobile believes that all Australians deserve to have access to a reliable 4G connection. They have a bunch of different plans for those who want an uncomplicated mobile experience to take advantage of.
- Full month expiry prepaid plans, means you pay for less recharges throughout the year.
- Supports community programs.
- Data rollover available.
Compare mobile plans below
Compare Better Life Mobile prepaid plans here
Better Life Mobile has a wide range of prepaid month-to-month plans that won't cost the world.
Check out Better Life Mobile's long expiry plan below
When you want to stay with Better Life Mobile for 12 months and don't use your phone all that much, you can get a monthly trickle of data by prepaying for a year.
Better Life Mobile review: Why choose it?
Better Life Mobile isn't too bad on its data offerings for the prices it charges, but it suffers a bit from limited rollover of data. What sets Better Life Mobile apart from other telcos is its focus on social welfare. It has some community programs in place where it distributes phones with credit to those in need. In addition to the basic plans, with Better Life Mobile you can get:
- Video MMS. Better Life Mobile limits the number of video MMS you can send on its cheaper plans, measured in 40-second chunks. Higher plans allow for unlimited video MMS.
- Data gifting. All of Better Life Mobile's plans allow you to receive gifted data from other Better Life Mobile users, but only the two most expensive plans can actually gift the data.
- Data rollover. Unused data will roll over into the next month, after which it will expire.
- International pack. For $10 extra per month, you can get 120 minutes of international calls to 50 countries.
- Data pack. If you want extra data and are planning to stay with Better Life Mobile for 6 months, you can purchase 12GB more for $88 with a 180-day expiry.
- Full month expiry. Better Life Mobile has full month expiry periods, so no extra recharges are required during the year.
- Community support. Better Life Mobile has programs that benefit people who don't have easy access to communication. Some of its proceeds go towards these projects.
- Limited rollover. Better Life Mobile doesn't have an ongoing bank for you to save up data. Rollover data expires the month after it's transferred.
- Video MMS limit. On cheaper plans, you can only send a limited number of MMS per month.
Better Life Mobile network coverage
Better Life Mobile uses the Telstra wholesale 3G and 4G network, which covers around 98.5% of Australians. The main difference in coverage between the wholesale and full networks is in certain rural and regional areas.
Better Life Mobile: FAQs
How to switch to Better Life Mobile?
How to recharge Better Life Mobile?
- What’s the cheapest way to get 5G?
- Does new green brand Felix mean cheaper mobile plans soon?
- Get access to Australia’s largest 5G network with a Telstra iPhone 12 plan
- What’s the cheapest way to get an iPhone 12 plan in Australia?
- Get “infinite” data when you sign up to an iPhone 12 plan with Vodafone
More guides on Finder
Finder Daily Deals: The 5 best online deals in Australia today
Today's best online deals in Australia, hand-picked by Finder's shopping experts.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 Review
Its price point still means it's a luxury buy, but the second generation Samsung foldable phone improves in a huge way over the original model, making it the foldable phone to buy for 2020.
10 shows to stream if you like The Mandalorian
If you’re into The Mandalorian, there’s a good chance these top-notch series will be up your alley as well.
How to save for a house deposit while still paying rent
SPONSORED: Saving enough for a house deposit while you're paying rent is challenging, but it can be done.
Best flip phones in Australia
These are the 7 best flip phones you can buy right now in Australia.
How to watch The Undoing online in Australia
Based on the 2014 novel You Should Have Known by Jean Hanff Korelitz, this series is sure to become your new favourite binge.
Best projectors in Australia
Here are the 7 best projectors you can buy right now for all your home theatre and gaming needs.
Free solvency resolution templates (Australia)
Find out what you'll need to know about filing a solvency resolution.
Should I import an iPhone 12 from the USA?
The US model of the iPhone 12 has superior 5G support compared to the Australian model, but there are some details to be aware of before you order an American iPhone 12.
How to invest in the MyDeal IPO
The online retailer is expected to raise $40 million as it launches onto the ASX. Here's what you need to know.
Latest mobile plan deals on Finder
Circles.Life gives you loads of data for an affordable price.
Avoid bill shock and control your spending with the best-value offers.
Ask an Expert