Better Life Mobile offers prepaid plans with a focus on providing services to those on eligible concession cards.
What services does Better Life Mobile offer?
Better Life Mobile’s services operate on parts of Telstra’s 3G and 4G networks. Like other Telstra MVNOs that means its operating at slightly slower 4G speeds when in coverage areas, and the coverage map itself is marginally smaller than the "full" Telstra network.
All of Better Life Mobile’s plans operate on a prepaid basis only. The prime focus of this particular MVNO is the provision of services to those on low-income benefits with eligible concession cards.
How much does Better Life Mobile cost?
Better Life Mobile’s plans are priced at $20 per month, $27 per month, $31 per month or $37 per month, although that may not be the price you pay. If you hold an eligible concession card, those prices are adjusted downwards by $2.
The entry level plan comes with unlimited standard calls and national SMS and MMS as well as 15 video MMS messages per month. 1GB of data is also included. Additional data may be purchased at a cost of $10 per GB.
Moving up, the $27 per month plan comes with the same call and SMS inclusions plus 30 video MMS messages and 3GB of data. The $31 per month plan increases these to 60 video MMS messages and 6GB of data, while the $37 per month plan comes with unlimited video MMS messages and 9GB of data.
If you're in the market for a data-only service, Better Life Mobile also offers a 12GB plan with no call inclusions and a 180-day expiry for $90.
What extras does Better Life Mobile offer?
The key extra provision for Better Life Mobile is that if you are on an eligible concession card then its plan prices drop to $18, $25, $29 and $35 per month respectively.
Better Life Mobile also offers an international call pack for $10 extra a month that comes with 120 minutes' worth of calls to these 50 countries.
Better Life Mobile’s core market is for those on some kind of concession card, and as such it’s not so much a question of extras as those services which are specifically limited in order to limit the possibilities of overspending on accounts. As such, features such as international calling and roaming are specifically disabled on all Better Life Mobile so that you can’t run up a large bill using those kinds of features.
- Discounts for concession card holders. Eligible customers can cut $2 off their monthly spend.
- Can’t overspend. With international calling and roaming disabled, you can’t end up with serious bill shock.
- Inflexible. If you do need additional services as part of your mobile usage, Better Life Mobile’s positioning may not suit you.
Better Life Mobile prepaid recharge options
Better Life Mobile offers a number of ways to recharge your prepaid mobile service. Credit card payments are accepted for Visa and Mastercard only.
- By email: Accounts can be paid for upcoming recharges by contacting email@example.com
- By phone: You can recharge your service by calling Better Life Mobile on 03 9018 5349
- Through Centrelink Centrepay: You can pay your Better Life Mobile account through Centrelink, either through your local Centrelink office or online. The details you’ll need are as follows:
Service Provider: Better Life Group Pty Ltd
P.O Box 271 Sandringham VIC 3191
Centrelink Provider Number: 555116274k
Account Number: (Your BL mobile phone number)
Reason: Mobile Phone Plan
- Via internet banking: Better Life Mobile accepts direct deposits via your financial institution’s internet banking platform. Use BSB 063 119 and account number 1047 2785 with the reference field matching your account number.