Better Life Mobile phone plans
Better Life Mobile offers prepaid plans with a focus on providing services to those on lower incomes.
Is Better Life Mobile right for me?
- What does Better Life Mobile offer? Better Life Mobile offers prepaid mobile plans over parts of the Telstra 3G and 4G networks. For folks interested in data alone, Better Life Mobile also has a single mobile broadband plan available.
- Product highlights: No-lock-in contracts, speed and coverage provided by the Telstra mobile network.
- Watch out for: Better Life Mobile's prepaid plans are set to automatically renew at the end of every billing cycle. You'll need to submit a cancellation request before the current cycle ends if you want to change plan without paying for an extra month of service.
Better Life Mobile prepaid plans
Better Life Mobile's prepaid plans explained
Most of Better Life Mobile's prepaid plans expire on a monthly basis. Here's how those plans shake out:
- S plan: 3.5GB of data for $18 a month
- M plan: 14GB of data for $25 a month
- L plan: 18GB of data for $29 a month
- XL plan: 27GB of data for $35 a month
- XXL plan: 34GB of data for $39 a month
By default, Better Life Mobile will renew your plan at the end of each billing cycle, so you'll need to request a cancellation prior to that date if you don't want to continue your service.
If you're looking to chat with friends or family overseas, each of Better Life Mobile's mobile plans can be upgraded with an international call pack bolt-on. For $10 extra a month, this gets you 120 minutes' worth of calls to the following 50 countries:
In keeping with its goal of transparency, Better Life Mobile doesn't automatically charge you for excess data if you use up all your monthly allowance. Instead, your Internet service will be suspended and your monthly bill will remain free of nasty excess usage fees. If you can't wait until the end of the month for your cap to reset, you can purchase additional data in 1GB chunks for $10 each.
How does Better Life Mobile compare?
- Telstra network offers wider coverage and potentially faster speeds
- Pricing is on the high side for the amount of data you get
Why should you consider Better Life Mobile?
For those on a strict budget who can't afford to be blindsided by hidden fees, Better Life Mobile offers simple and affordable mobile plans with no contractual obligations to tie you down. Unlimited calls and generous data inclusions mean you don't have to sacrifice connectivity for value either, and with Telstra 4G powering Better Life Mobile's plans, you get access to the speediest and most accessible mobile network in Australia.
Then there are the indirect benefits. By signing up with Better Life Mobile, you'll be supporting its community initiatives and making it easier for the less-fortunate to get access to the telecommunications services we so often take for granted.
Better Life mobile deals
To compare offers from other Aussie telcos, head over to our round-up of the latest mobile plan deals.
How to contact Better Life Mobile
|Phone||03 9018 5349|
|Support hours||Mon to Fri: 9am to 5:30pm|
Latest mobile plan deals on Finder
After significant testing, these are our picks of the phones to buy
Read why this is one of the best Samsung Galaxy phones yet
Ask an Expert