TeleChoice mobile plans
TeleChoice offers a range of SIM-only and handset plans powered by the Telstra mobile network.
Is TeleChoice right for me?
- What does TeleChoice offer? TeleChoice deals in SIM-only mobile plans on month-to-month, 12- and 24-month, and 7- and 13-month contracts, as well as handset plans on 24-month contracts only. All these plans operate on parts of the Telstra 3G and 4G networks.
- Product highlights: Telstra network coverage, international call credit on select plans, no-lock-in contracts available.
- Watch out for: Fixed-term mobile contracts usually come with considerably higher data caps or lower monthly rates compared to month-to-month contracts, but TeleChoice only offers a small discount for its fixed-term plans. This makes it less attractive than many competing options on the market.
Compare mobile plans below
TeleChoice month-to-month SIM-only plans
TeleChoice's month-to-month SIM-only plans explained
You can also get unlimited international calls & texts to 10 selected countries when you pay an extra $5 per month with these plans.
Pricing for these plans is as follows:
- $49 plan includes 55GB of data and unlimited international calls to 15 countries
- $39 plan includes 35GB of data and unlimited international calls to 15 countries
- $29 plan includes 20GB of data
- $24 plan includes 14GB of data
- $19 plan includes 4.5GB of data
- $15 plan includes 2GB of data
Oddly, TeleChoice charges a $15 set-up fee if you choose to sign up in one of its physical stores rather than online.
TeleChoice fixed-term SIM-only plans
TeleChoice's fixed-term SIM-only plans explained
Pricing for the 12- and 24-month plans is as follows:
- $45 plan includes 55GB of data and unlimited international calls to 15 countries
- $35 plan includes 35GB of data and unlimited international calls to 15 countries
- $25 plan includes 20GB of data
- $16 plan includes 4.5GB of data
As is typical of fixed-term contracts, you'll be charged an early termination fee if you cancel your plan before the full term has passed. TeleChoice calculates this fee as $15 multiplied by the number of months remaining in your contract.
In addition to traditional fixed-term SIM-only plans, Telechoice offers the option to purchase multiple months of service upfront in exchange for a discount. These "Prepay and Save" plans come in 7-month and 13-month variants, and reduce the equivalent monthly rate of Telechoice's four core plans by as much as 20%. The catch, of course, is that you have to pay the total cost in advance, which can be costly.
The pricing details for the 7-month plans are as follows:
- $42.71 plan includes 55GB of data and unlimited international calls to 15 countries
- $32.86 plan includes 35GB of data and unlimited international calls to 15 countries
- $22.71 plan includes 20GB of data
- $14.14 plan includes 4.5GB of data
- $13 plan includes 2GB of data
On the other hand, the 13-month plans have slightly different pricing:
- $38.38 plan includes 55GB of data and unlimited international calls to 15 countries
- $30.77 plan includes 35GB of data and unlimited international calls to 15 countries
- $21.46 plan includes 20GB of data
- $13.85 plan includes 4.5GB of data
- $13 plan includes 2GB of data
TeleChoice phone plans
TeleChoice's phone plans explained
Like the fixed-term plans, you'll have to pay a termination fee if you want to cancel your contract early. This fee also varies depending on your chosen plan and handset and can be as much as $720 plus the remaining cost of your handset.
Check out the table above for the various plans TeleChoice offers for the Samsung Galaxy S10.
How does TeleChoice compare?
- International calls inclusions with select plans are a bonus for folks with contacts overseas
- Discounts on fixed-term plans are nice, albeit somewhat lacklustre
- Cheaper plans with more data aren't hard to find
Why should you consider TeleChoice?
Assuming you're in the right coverage area (or aren't worried about 3G speeds) then TeleChoice offers a reasonable selection of plans to consider. The discount attached to its fixed-term contracts is appealing, though it's not quite as significant as many other telcos offer.
TeleChoice recharge options
As a pre-paid service TeleChoice bills each month for the pricing tier you've chosen. If you go over your data there's a set fee of $10 which gets you an extra 1GB. There's a service portal where you can check usage.
Payment options for each month include:
- Automatic direct debit payment
- Credit card
- In person at Australia Post or a TeleChoice store
Telechoice mobile deals
To compare offers from other Aussie telcos, head over to our round-up of the latest mobile plan deals.Back to top
- Optus & Vodafone now offering the Google Pixel 4 at half price
- Telstra, Optus & more offer free data and calls for working from home: How much more do you get?
- Vodafone’s 5G network is now online
- Telstra postpaid customers can score a heavily discounted Kayo Sports subscription
- 365 Day & Long Expiry Prepaid Mobile Plans April 2020
Read more on this topic
Optus & Vodafone now offering the Google Pixel 4 at half price The Google Pixel 4 is a massive 50% off on a Optus & Vodafone plan right now. Read on to compare the two offerings, and which plans they're available on.
Vodafone’s 5G network is now online Vodafone goes live with its first 5G site in Australia, with talks of 5G global roaming soon to come.
365 Day & Long Expiry Prepaid Mobile Plans April 2020 We help you make the most of every recharge with these top-value 365 day & other long expiry prepaid plans. We've selected picks on each major network, and broken down the pros & cons of the plans for easy comparison.
Optus rolls out new Samsung Galaxy S20 plans with free Buds+ and double data Pre-order the latest Samsung handset from Optus and get double the data for the first year, plus a free pair of Galaxy Buds+.
Telstra releases S20 plans with free upgrade from S20 to S20+ Telstra's giving you a free upgrade from the Samsung S20 to S20+ for a limited time only.
Vodafone releases S20 plans with free 4G to 5G model upgrade Vodafone is giving you a free upgrade to the new 5G Samsung S20 and S20+ models, as well as complimentary Galaxy Buds+.
Woolworths Mobile deals on latest Samsung Galaxy models Woolworths Mobile has cut $250 off their new Samsung S20 range, with bonus savings off your grocery bills too.
Vodafone 5G: What you need to know Vodafone's 5G network will be available from early 2020, joining rivals Telstra and Optus with just a few key differences worth knowing about.
Black Friday Mobile Plan Deals 2019 Grab a SIM or phone plan on the cheap this Black Friday & Cyber Monday.
Stick to the plan: Aussies forking out millions on excess mobile data charges Finder research shows that over the past 12 months, Aussies have wasted $152.6 million on excess data charges.
Latest mobile plan deals on Finder
After significant testing, these are our picks of the phones to buy
Read why this is one of the best Samsung Galaxy phones yet
Ask an Expert