Lycamobile offers prepaid SIM-only plans with a strong focus on users who need to make lots of international calls.
Is Lycamobile right for me?
- What does Lycamobile offer? Lycamobile specialises in prepaid plans for folks who frequently call overseas. These plans operate on parts of the Telstra 3G and 4G networks, as do Lycamobile's accompanying mobile broadband plans.
- Product highlights: Unlimited international calls to a wide range of countries, reasonably large data caps.
- Watch out for: Because Lycamobile's plans all operate on a 28-day expiry, they end up costing more than 30-day plans over the long term. Over 12 months, you're looking at almost 1 extra payment cycle compared to a 30-day expiry plan.
Lycamobile prepaid plans
Lycamobile's prepaid plans explained
- Unlimited Plan XS includes 2GB of data and unlimited calls to 12 countries for $25 every 28 days.
- Unlimited Plan S includes 12GB of data and unlimited calls to 12 countries for $30 every 28 days.
- Unlimited Plan M includes 22GB of data and unlimited calls to 15 countries for $40 every 28 days.
- Unlimited Plan L includes 22GB of data and unlimited calls to 54 countries for $45 every 28 days.
- Unlimited Plan XL includes 40GB of data and unlimited calls to 54 countries for $50 every 28 days.
- Unlimited 10 includes 1GB of data for $10 every 28 days.
- Unlimited 20 includes 5GB of data for $20 every 28 days.
Countries included in the unlimited call offer are as follows:
- Unlimited Plan XS/S: Brazil, Canada, China, Colombia, Hong Kong, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Singapore, the UK and the US.
- Unlimited Plan M: All of the above plus Japan, Peru and Puerto Rico.
- Unlimited Plan L/XL: All of the above plus Argentina, Austria, Belgium, Brunei Darussalam, Chile, Cyprus Greek, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, French Guinea, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Mongolia, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Reunion Island, Romania, Slovakia, Spain, South Korea, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand and Venezuela.
If you use more than your monthly quota of data or call countries not included in your unlimited offer, you'll be charged at Lycamobile's standard pay-as-you-go rates. For data, this is 7c per MB you use over your monthly limit. For calls, you can view Lycamobile's current international rates here. Should you find yourself in need of extra data prior to your next recharge, you can also purchase data bolt-ons for a quick top-up. These are available at $5 for 250MB, $10 for 1GB and $25 for 3GB, and last only until your current plan expires.
How does Lycamobile compare?
- International inclusions are some of the most generous in the prepaid space
- Telstra network offers greater coverage and speeds
- 28-day expiry means spending more over the long term
Lycamobile prides itself on facilitating global communication with a generous bundling of international call inclusions into its prepaid plans. Few other telcos offer as much international value on their prepaid plans, especially at lower price points. Only Lebara and Woolworths Mobile include similar unlimited international call offers on their plans.
This gives Lycamobile a distinct, critical edge over the competition for users with friends, family or business overseas, since plans from providers like amaysim, Kogan Mobile, Coles Mobile and ALDImobile top Lycamobile's offerings on the data front.
Why should you consider Lycamobile?
If you spend a lot of time chatting to folks overseas, including unlimited international calls to select countries makes Lycamobile a stand-out choice in the prepaid space. With the ability to place limitless calls to as many as 54 countries, there's a good chance you'll find your preferred destinations among these inclusions.
Even if you're not much of an international chatterbox, you can get your fill of data with Lycamobile's M and XL plans. Both come loaded with generous data caps at their respective price points, offering value on par with the top prepaid plans on the market.
Lycamobile recharge options
If you're new to Lycamobile, you'll first need to purchase a Lycamobile SIM card either by requesting one for free from the Lycamobile website or purchasing one from your nearest participating retail store. With a Lycamobile SIM installed in your phone, recharging is as simple as following one of these steps:
- Online: Visit the Lycamobile recharge page and top up your balance with a credit or debit card.
- Phone: Call 373 from the phone you want to recharge and follow the prompts.
- In-store: Purchase a Lycamobile top-up voucher from a participating retail store.
How to contact Lycamobile
|Phone||1300 854 607|
Mon to Sat: 9am–6pm