After significant testing, these are our picks of the phones to buy
Lycamobile prepaid mobile plans
Lycamobile offers prepaid SIM-only plans with a strong focus on users who need to make lots of international calls.
Is Lycamobile right for me?
- What does Lycamobile offer? Lycamobile specialises in prepaid plans for folks who frequently call overseas. These plans operate on parts of the Telstra 3G and 4G networks.
- Product highlights: Unlimited international calls to a wide range of countries, reasonably large data caps.
- Watch out for: Because Lycamobile's plans all operate on a 28-day expiry, they end up costing more than 30-day plans over the long term. Over 12 months, you're looking at almost 1 extra payment cycle compared to a 30-day expiry plan.
Compare mobile plans below
Lycamobile prepaid plans
Lycamobile's prepaid plans explained
- Unlimited Plan XS includes 5B of data and unlimited calls to 12 countries for $25 every 28 days.
- Unlimited Plan S includes 25GB of data and unlimited calls to 12 countries for $30 every 28 days.
- Unlimited Plan M includes 45GB of data and unlimited calls to 15 countries for $40 every 28 days.
- Unlimited Plan L includes 45GB of data and unlimited calls to 54 countries for $45 every 28 days.
- Unlimited Plan XL includes 60GB of data and unlimited calls to 54 countries for $50 every 28 days.
- Unlimited 10 includes 1GB of data for $10 every 28 days.
- Unlimited 20 includes 5GB of data for $20 every 28 days.
Countries included in the unlimited call offer are as follows:
- Unlimited Plan XS/S: Brazil, Canada, China, Colombia, Hong Kong, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Singapore, the UK and the US.
- Unlimited Plan M: All of the above plus Japan, Peru and Puerto Rico.
- Unlimited Plan L/XL: All of the above plus Argentina, Austria, Belgium, Brunei Darussalam, Chile, Cyprus Greek, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, French Guiana, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Mongolia, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Reunion Island, Romania, Slovakia, Spain, South Korea, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand and Venezuela.
If you use more than your monthly quota of data or call countries not included in your unlimited offer, you'll be charged at Lycamobile's standard pay-as-you-go rates. For data, this is 7c per MB you use over your monthly limit. For calls, you can view Lycamobile's current international rates here. Should you find yourself in need of extra data prior to your next recharge, you can also purchase data bolt-ons for a quick top-up. These are available at $5 for 1GB, $10 for 3GB and $25 for 10GB, and last only until your current plan expires.
How does Lycamobile compare?
- International inclusions are some of the most generous in the prepaid space
- Telstra network offers greater coverage and speeds
- 28-day expiry means spending more over the long term
Lycamobile prides itself on facilitating global communication with a generous bundling of international call inclusions into its prepaid plans. Few other telcos offer as much international value on their prepaid plans, especially at lower price points. Only Lebara and Woolworths Mobile include similar unlimited international call offers on their plans.
This gives Lycamobile a distinct, critical edge over the competition for users with friends, family or business overseas, since plans from providers like amaysim, Kogan Mobile, Coles Mobile and ALDImobile top Lycamobile's offerings on the data front.
Why should you consider Lycamobile?
If you spend a lot of time chatting to folks overseas, including unlimited international calls to select countries makes Lycamobile a stand-out choice in the prepaid space. With the ability to place limitless calls to as many as 54 countries, there's a good chance you'll find your preferred destinations among these inclusions.
Even if you're not much of an international chatterbox, you can get your fill of data with Lycamobile's M and XL plans. Both come loaded with generous data caps at their respective price points, offering value on par with the top prepaid plans on the market.
Lycamobile recharge options
If you're new to Lycamobile, you'll first need to purchase a Lycamobile SIM card either by requesting one for free from the Lycamobile website or purchasing one from your nearest participating retail store. With a Lycamobile SIM installed in your phone, recharging is as simple as following one of these steps:
- Online: Visit the Lycamobile recharge page and top up your balance with a credit or debit card.
- Phone: Call 373 from the phone you want to recharge and follow the prompts.
- In-store: Purchase a Lycamobile top-up voucher from a participating retail store.
Lycamobile mobile deals
New customers pay $15 first charge, following recharge $30.
|View eligible plans|
|Lycamobile SIM-only Unlimited S 28GB $30 28 Days||Unlimited standard calls|
New customers pay $20 first charge, following recharge $40.
|View eligible plans|
|Lycamobile SIM-only Unlimited M 45GB $40 28 Days||Unlimited standard calls|
New customers pay $22.50 first charge, following recharge $45.
|View eligible plans|
|Lycamobile SIM-only Unlimited L 45GB $45 28 Days||Unlimited standard calls|
New customers pay $25 first charge, following recharges $50.
|View eligible plans|
|Lycamobile SIM-only Unlimited XL 60GB $50 28 Days||Unlimited standard calls|
- Optus & Vodafone now offering the Google Pixel 4 at half price
- Telstra, Optus & more offer free data and calls for working from home: How much more do you get?
- Vodafone’s 5G network is now online
- Telstra postpaid customers can score a heavily discounted Kayo Sports subscription
- 365 Day & Long Expiry Prepaid Mobile Plans April 2020
Read more on this topic
Optus & Vodafone now offering the Google Pixel 4 at half price The Google Pixel 4 is a massive 50% off on a Optus & Vodafone plan right now. Read on to compare the two offerings, and which plans they're available on.
Vodafone’s 5G network is now online Vodafone goes live with its first 5G site in Australia, with talks of 5G global roaming soon to come.
365 Day & Long Expiry Prepaid Mobile Plans April 2020 We help you make the most of every recharge with these top-value 365 day & other long expiry prepaid plans. We've selected picks on each major network, and broken down the pros & cons of the plans for easy comparison.
Optus rolls out new Samsung Galaxy S20 plans with free Buds+ and double data Pre-order the latest Samsung handset from Optus and get double the data for the first year, plus a free pair of Galaxy Buds+.
Telstra releases S20 plans with free upgrade from S20 to S20+ Telstra's giving you a free upgrade from the Samsung S20 to S20+ for a limited time only.
Vodafone releases S20 plans with free 4G to 5G model upgrade Vodafone is giving you a free upgrade to the new 5G Samsung S20 and S20+ models, as well as complimentary Galaxy Buds+.
Woolworths Mobile deals on latest Samsung Galaxy models Woolworths Mobile has cut $250 off their new Samsung S20 range, with bonus savings off your grocery bills too.
Vodafone 5G: What you need to know Vodafone's 5G network will be available from early 2020, joining rivals Telstra and Optus with just a few key differences worth knowing about.
Black Friday Mobile Plan Deals 2019 Grab a SIM or phone plan on the cheap this Black Friday & Cyber Monday.
Stick to the plan: Aussies forking out millions on excess mobile data charges Finder research shows that over the past 12 months, Aussies have wasted $152.6 million on excess data charges.
Latest mobile plan deals on Finder
Read why this is one of the best Samsung Galaxy phones yet
Ask an Expert