Compare Exetel's SIM-only mobile plans.
Is Exetel right for me?
- What does Exetel offer? Exetel offers SIM-only mobile plans delivered over the Optus 3G and 4G networks. For data-lovers, Exetel also offers a range of mobile broadband plans over the same Optus networks.
- Product highlights: Generous data caps, competitive monthly rates, international call credit as an added bonus on select plans.
- Watch out for: Exetel's SIM-only plans are charged at the start of every billing month, rather than on a postpaid basis as per most SIM-only plans. As such, you'll want to make sure you have sufficient funds available to cover each bill in advance.
Exetel SIM-only plans
Exetel's SIM-only plans explained
The core of Exetel's mobile offerings are its 4G plans, all of which include unlimited standard talk and text along with data caps ranging from 2GB up to 18GB. Higher-tier plans also come with a sum of international credit for calling friends and family overseas.
Standard pricing for Exetel's 4G plans is as follows:
- Super Saver 4G: $8.99 a month for 2GB of data
- Saver 4G: $14.99 a month for 3GB of data
- Value 4G: $19.99 a month for 6GB of data and $50 of international call credit
- Extra Value 4G: $24.99 a month for 10GB of data and $300 of international call credit
- Plus 4G: $29.99 a month for 18GB of data and $500 of international call credit
For folks with larger data appetites, Exetel offers a pair of 3G-only "Maxi" plans. These are limited to the slower speeds of the Optus 3G network but pack a hefty amount of data for their price. Like the 4G plans, the Maxi plans are offered on a month-to-month contract and include unlimited talk and text.
Here's what you'll pay for Exetel's 3G Maxi plans:
- A $49.99 recharge includes 30GB of data
- A $79.99 recharge includes 90GB of data
How does Exetel compare?
- Plenty of data for your dollar
- International call credit adds even more value
- 3G Maxi plans are an interesting alternative for heavier data users
Why should you consider Exetel?
Exetel stacks up quite well in the budget MVNO space, with solid data for good prices. It's also quite well established. It's actually Australia's largest independent ISP, so it's certainly not a fly-by-night operation.
It also means you could bundle together your home phone and home Internet through the same provider, which has appeal for many people.
How to contact Exetel
Exetel Mobile recharge options
Exetel has three ways of recharging:
- Via the My Exetel web portal
- Via the My Exetel app on the Google Play Store
- Via the My Exetel app on the App Store for iOS