After significant testing, these are our picks of the phones to buy
Exetel mobile plans
Compare Exetel's SIM-only mobile plans.
Is Exetel right for me?
- What does Exetel offer? Exetel offers SIM-only mobile plans delivered over the 4G network. For data-lovers, Exetel also offers a range of mobile broadband plans over the same Optus networks.
- Product highlights: Generous data caps, competitive monthly rates, international call credit as an added bonus on select plans.
- Watch out for: Exetel's SIM-only plans are charged at the start of every billing month, rather than on a postpaid basis as per most SIM-only plans. As such, you'll want to make sure you have sufficient funds available to cover each bill in advance.
Compare mobile plans below
Exetel SIM-only plans
Exetel's SIM-only plans explained
The core of Exetel's mobile offerings are its 4G plans, all of which include unlimited standard talk and text along with data caps ranging from 2GB up to 18GB. Higher-tier plans also come with a sum of international credit for calling friends and family overseas.
Standard pricing for Exetel's 4G plans is as follows:
- Super Saver 4G: $9.99 a month for 1GB of data
- Saver 4G: $14.99 a month for 3GB of data
- Value 4G: $19.99 a month for 6GB of data and $50 of international call credit
- Extra Value 4G: $24.99 a month for 10GB of data and $300 of international call credit
- Plus 4G: $29.99 a month for 18GB of data and $500 of international call credit
How does Exetel compare?
- Plenty of data for your dollar
- International call credit adds even more value
Why should you consider Exetel?
Exetel stacks up quite well in the budget MVNO space, with solid data for good prices. It's also quite well established. It's actually Australia's largest independent ISP, so it's certainly not a fly-by-night operation.
It also means you could bundle together your home phone and home Internet through the same provider, which has appeal for many people.
Exetel mobile deals
Free shipping and activation.
|View eligible plans|
|Exetel 4G Extra Value SIM-only 10GB 1 Month||Unlimited standard calls|
|Exetel 4G Value SIM-only 6GB 1 Month||Unlimited standard calls|
|Exetel 4G Plus SIM-only 18GB 1 Month||Unlimited standard calls|
|Exetel 4G Saver SIM-only 3GB 1 Month||Unlimited standard calls|
|Exetel 4G Super Saver SIM-only 1GB 1 Month||$200.00 standard calls|
Exetel Mobile recharge options
Exetel has three ways of recharging:
- Via the My Exetel web portal
- Via the My Exetel app on the Google Play Store
- Via the My Exetel app on the App Store for iOS
- Save by switching to a cheap mobile plan during lockdown
- Optus and Vodafone now offering the Google Pixel 4 at half price
- Telstra, Optus & more offer free data and calls for working from home: How much more do you get?
- Vodafone’s 5G network is now online
- Telstra postpaid customers can score a heavily discounted Kayo Sports subscription
Read more on this topic
Save by switching to a cheap mobile plan during lockdown Spending more time at home means we're using our mobile data less. Save $100 over the next 3 months by switching to a cheap mobile plan.
Optus and Vodafone now offering the Google Pixel 4 at half price We compare the two offerings and which plans they're available on.
Vodafone’s 5G network is now online Vodafone goes live with its first 5G site in Australia, with talks of 5G global roaming soon to come.
365 Day & Long Expiry Prepaid Mobile Plans April 2020 We help you make the most of every recharge with these top-value 365 day & other long expiry prepaid plans. We've selected picks on each major network, and broken down the pros & cons of the plans for easy comparison.
Optus rolls out new Samsung Galaxy S20 plans with free Buds+ and double data Pre-order the latest Samsung handset from Optus and get double the data for the first year, plus a free pair of Galaxy Buds+.
Telstra releases S20 plans with free upgrade from S20 to S20+ Telstra's giving you a free upgrade from the Samsung S20 to S20+ for a limited time only.
Vodafone releases S20 plans with free 4G to 5G model upgrade Vodafone is giving you a free upgrade to the new 5G Samsung S20 and S20+ models, as well as complimentary Galaxy Buds+.
Woolworths Mobile deals on latest Samsung Galaxy models Woolworths Mobile has cut $250 off their new Samsung S20 range, with bonus savings off your grocery bills too.
Vodafone 5G: What you need to know Vodafone's 5G network will be available from early 2020, joining rivals Telstra and Optus with just a few key differences worth knowing about.
Black Friday Mobile Plan Deals 2019 Grab a SIM or phone plan on the cheap this Black Friday & Cyber Monday.
Latest mobile plan deals on Finder
Read why this is one of the best Samsung Galaxy phones yet
Ask an Expert