iPrimus mobile plans
iPrimus aims to please with affordable plans offering a full range of options.
Is iPrimus right for me?
- What does iPrimus offer? iPrimus has a relatively limited mobile offering, with just a handful of post-paid SIM-only plans available exclusively on 12-month contracts. There are no options for bundling these plans with iPrimus's broadband plans.
- Product highlights: Large data caps, competitive monthly rates, international minutes bundled with all plans.
- Watch out for: If you want to cancel your iPrimus mobile plan before the end of the 12-month contract, you'll have to pay out the full cost of the plan. This makes cancelling your plan effectively pointless, as you'll be paying the same you would if you stuck around for the full 12 months.
Compare mobile plans below
iPrimus SIM-only plans
iPrimus's SIM-only plans explained
- 18GB plan, with 350 international minutes to select countries for $35 a month
- 30GB plan, with 1,500 international minutes to select countries for $45 a month
- 40GB plan, with 3,000 international minutes to select countries for $55 a month
On all three plans, going over your monthly data cap will incur excess data charges of $10 per 1GB, with that charge applied automatically as soon as you exceed your current balance. Bear in mind that, even if you don't use the entire 1GB of extra data, you'll still be charged the full $10.
Since iPrimus only offers its plans on 12-month contracts, you'll want to keep in mind that cancelling your service before that year is up will incur an early termination fee. iPrimus is quite aggressive in this regard, charging the full cost of the remaining months of your contract if you decide to cancel.
How does iPrimus compare?
- Plenty of data for your dollar
- Generous international call inclusions
- No month-to-month contracts means you have to commit for the long haul
The postpaid SIM-only market is an incredibly competitive one, but iPrimus has a lot to offer.
Why should you consider iPrimus?
If you're after a SIM-only plan with plenty of data and the freedom of unlimited calls and texts, iPrimus's 12-month plans are top value. While you do have to commit to the full year, the large data caps mean you're getting a lot more bang for your buck than you would with many competing month-to-month plans.
The inclusion of international minutes with all of iPrimus's mobile plans is another compelling feature, one that many cheaper telcos don't offer. If you have friends or family overseas, this can potentially save you quite a bit of money and makes iPrimus well worth considering.
iPrimus mobile deals
To compare offers from other Aussie telcos, head over to our round-up of the latest mobile plan deals.
- Telstra, Optus & more offer free data and calls for working from home: How much more do you get?
- Vodafone’s 5G network is now online
- Telstra postpaid customers can score a heavily discounted Kayo Sports subscription
- 365 Day & Long Expiry Prepaid Mobile Plans April 2020
- Optus rolls out new Samsung Galaxy S20 plans with free Buds+ and double data
Read more on this topic
Vodafone’s 5G network is now online Vodafone goes live with its first 5G site in Australia, with talks of 5G global roaming soon to come.
365 Day & Long Expiry Prepaid Mobile Plans April 2020 We help you make the most of every recharge with these top-value 365 day & other long expiry prepaid plans. We've selected picks on each major network, and broken down the pros & cons of the plans for easy comparison.
Optus rolls out new Samsung Galaxy S20 plans with free Buds+ and double data Pre-order the latest Samsung handset from Optus and get double the data for the first year, plus a free pair of Galaxy Buds+.
Telstra releases S20 plans with free upgrade from S20 to S20+ Telstra's giving you a free upgrade from the Samsung S20 to S20+ for a limited time only.
Vodafone releases S20 plans with free 4G to 5G model upgrade Vodafone is giving you a free upgrade to the new 5G Samsung S20 and S20+ models, as well as complimentary Galaxy Buds+.
Woolworths Mobile deals on latest Samsung Galaxy models Woolworths Mobile has cut $250 off their new Samsung S20 range, with bonus savings off your grocery bills too.
Vodafone 5G: What you need to know Vodafone's 5G network will be available from early 2020, joining rivals Telstra and Optus with just a few key differences worth knowing about.
Black Friday Mobile Plan Deals 2019 Grab a SIM or phone plan on the cheap this Black Friday & Cyber Monday.
Stick to the plan: Aussies forking out millions on excess mobile data charges Finder research shows that over the past 12 months, Aussies have wasted $152.6 million on excess data charges.
Google Pixel 4 plans compared If you're keen on a Google Pixel 4 on contract through Telstra, Optus or Vodafone, we've got all the details you need.
Latest mobile plan deals on Finder
After significant testing, these are our picks of the phones to buy
Read why this is one of the best Samsung Galaxy phones yet
Ask an Expert