Hello Mobile phone plans
Hello Mobile sells prepaid mobile services for those looking for mobile plans on a budget.
Is Hello Mobile right for me?
- What does Hello Mobile offer? Hello Mobile offers standard prepaid plans and pay-as-you-go (PAYG) plans powered by the Vodafone 3G and 4G networks.
- Product highlights: Multiple PAYG options, bonus international minutes on select PAYG plans.
- Watch out for: Some of Hello Mobile's PAYG plans expire every 30 days. This is low for a PAYG plan and means you'll need to recharge more often to keep your plan active.
Hello Mobile prepaid plans
Hello Mobile's prepaid plans explained
The Unlimited prepaid plans, as the name suggests, include unlimited calls and texts along with a sum of monthly data. Hello Mobile currently offers three Unlimited plans as follows:
- Unlimited 2GB, which comes with 2GB of data for $19 every 30 days
- Unlimited 5GB, which comes with 5GB of data for $29 every 30 days
- Unlimited 10GB, which comes with 10GB of data for $35 every 30 days
For folks with less predictable call and data needs, Hello Mobile also has a range of PAYG prepaid plans. A $10 recharge will get you started with any of these plans and each charges calls and texts at a separate rate:
- SUPA Plus, which includes 200MB of data, 12c/min calls and a 90-day expiry
- PAYG 1GB, which includes 1GB of data, 10c/min calls and a 30-day expiry
- Combo 10, which includes no data, 10c/min calls, 50 international minutes to select countries and a 30-day expiry
Extra data is charged at 5c/MB on all three of the PAYG plans.
How does Hello Mobile compare?
- Including international minutes on a PAYG plan is a compelling move
- A 30-day expiry is short for a PAYG plan
- Standard prepaid plans don't offer much to distinguish themselves from the competition
Hello Mobile's prepaid plans pit it against other Aussie telcos on two different tiers: unlimited talk and text plans and PAYG plans.
Why should you consider Hello Mobile?
If you're after a cheap unlimited prepaid plan, Hello Mobile's Unlimited 10GB plan is solid value, though there are a few superior options out there from providers like amaysim and OVO.
Where Hello Mobile does succeed is with its PAYG plan. It offers some of the cheapest rates available, along with cut-price 10c texts throughout Australia. With a $10 buy-in, this makes the PAYG plan a compelling option for those who use their phones infrequently but still want to get decent mileage out of their dollar.
Hello Mobile deals
To compare offers from other Aussie telcos, head over to our round-up of the latest mobile plan deals.
How to contact Hello Mobile
|Phone||1300 126 999|
|Support hours||Mon to Sun: 8am to 8pm|
Hello Mobile recharge options
To get started with Hello Mobile's prepaid plans, you'll need to purchase a Hello Mobile SIM pack. These are available at a variety of retail stores like Australia Post and Big W, or you can order one online from Hello Mobile's website.
Once you've purchased a SIM, recharging it can be accomplished in a number of ways:
- Online: Top up your balance using a credit or debit card at the Hello Mobile website
- In-app: The My Hello Mobile app supports recharging via credit or debit card
- Phone: Call 126 999 from the phone you want to recharge and follow the prompts
- In-store: Find an eligible retailer using Hello Mobile's search tool and purchase a top-up voucher
Latest mobile plan deals on Finder
After significant testing, these are our picks of the phones to buy
Read why this is one of the best Samsung Galaxy phones yet
Ask an Expert