Hello Mobile phone plans
Hello Mobile sells prepaid mobile services for those looking for mobile plans on a budget.
Is Hello Mobile right for me?
- What does Hello Mobile offer? Hello Mobile offers standard prepaid plans and pay-as-you-go (PAYG) plans powered by the Vodafone 3G and 4G networks.
- Product highlights: Multiple PAYG options, bonus international minutes on select PAYG plans.
- Watch out for: Some of Hello Mobile's PAYG plans expire every 30 days. This is low for a PAYG plan and means you'll need to recharge more often to keep your plan active.
Compare mobile plans below
Hello Mobile prepaid plans
Hello Mobile's prepaid plans explained
The Unlimited prepaid plans, as the name suggests, include unlimited calls and texts along with a sum of monthly data. Hello Mobile currently offers three Unlimited plans as follows:
- Unlimited 2GB, which comes with 2GB of data for $19 every 30 days
- Unlimited 5GB, which comes with 5GB of data for $29 every 30 days
- Unlimited 10GB, which comes with 10GB of data for $35 every 30 days
For folks with less predictable call and data needs, Hello Mobile also has a range of PAYG prepaid plans. A $10 recharge will get you started with any of these plans and each charges calls and texts at a separate rate:
- SUPA Plus, which includes 200MB of data, 12c/min calls and a 90-day expiry
- PAYG 1GB, which includes 1GB of data, 10c/min calls and a 30-day expiry
- Combo 10, which includes no data, 10c/min calls, 50 international minutes to select countries and a 30-day expiry
Extra data is charged at 5c/MB on all three of the PAYG plans.
How does Hello Mobile compare?
- Including international minutes on a PAYG plan is a compelling move
- A 30-day expiry is short for a PAYG plan
- Standard prepaid plans don't offer much to distinguish themselves from the competition
Hello Mobile's prepaid plans pit it against other Aussie telcos on two different tiers: unlimited talk and text plans and PAYG plans.
Why should you consider Hello Mobile?
If you're after a cheap unlimited prepaid plan, Hello Mobile's Unlimited 10GB plan is solid value, though there are a few superior options out there from providers like amaysim and OVO.
Where Hello Mobile does succeed is with its PAYG plan. It offers some of the cheapest rates available, along with cut-price 10c texts throughout Australia. With a $10 buy-in, this makes the PAYG plan a compelling option for those who use their phones infrequently but still want to get decent mileage out of their dollar.
Hello Mobile deals
To compare offers from other Aussie telcos, head over to our round-up of the latest mobile plan deals.
Hello Mobile recharge options
To get started with Hello Mobile's prepaid plans, you'll need to purchase a Hello Mobile SIM pack. These are available at a variety of retail stores like Australia Post and Big W, or you can order one online from Hello Mobile's website.
Once you've purchased a SIM, recharging it can be accomplished in a number of ways:
- Online: Top up your balance using a credit or debit card at the Hello Mobile website
- In-app: The My Hello Mobile app supports recharging via credit or debit card
- Phone: Call 126 999 from the phone you want to recharge and follow the prompts
- In-store: Find an eligible retailer using Hello Mobile's search tool and purchase a top-up voucher
- Optus & Vodafone now offering the Google Pixel 4 at half price
- Telstra, Optus & more offer free data and calls for working from home: How much more do you get?
- Vodafone’s 5G network is now online
- Telstra postpaid customers can score a heavily discounted Kayo Sports subscription
- 365 Day & Long Expiry Prepaid Mobile Plans April 2020
Read more on this topic
Optus & Vodafone now offering the Google Pixel 4 at half price The Google Pixel 4 is a massive 50% off on a Optus & Vodafone plan right now. Read on to compare the two offerings, and which plans they're available on.
Vodafone’s 5G network is now online Vodafone goes live with its first 5G site in Australia, with talks of 5G global roaming soon to come.
365 Day & Long Expiry Prepaid Mobile Plans April 2020 We help you make the most of every recharge with these top-value 365 day & other long expiry prepaid plans. We've selected picks on each major network, and broken down the pros & cons of the plans for easy comparison.
Optus rolls out new Samsung Galaxy S20 plans with free Buds+ and double data Pre-order the latest Samsung handset from Optus and get double the data for the first year, plus a free pair of Galaxy Buds+.
Telstra releases S20 plans with free upgrade from S20 to S20+ Telstra's giving you a free upgrade from the Samsung S20 to S20+ for a limited time only.
Vodafone releases S20 plans with free 4G to 5G model upgrade Vodafone is giving you a free upgrade to the new 5G Samsung S20 and S20+ models, as well as complimentary Galaxy Buds+.
Woolworths Mobile deals on latest Samsung Galaxy models Woolworths Mobile has cut $250 off their new Samsung S20 range, with bonus savings off your grocery bills too.
Vodafone 5G: What you need to know Vodafone's 5G network will be available from early 2020, joining rivals Telstra and Optus with just a few key differences worth knowing about.
Black Friday Mobile Plan Deals 2019 Grab a SIM or phone plan on the cheap this Black Friday & Cyber Monday.
Stick to the plan: Aussies forking out millions on excess mobile data charges Finder research shows that over the past 12 months, Aussies have wasted $152.6 million on excess data charges.
Latest mobile plan deals on Finder
After significant testing, these are our picks of the phones to buy
Read why this is one of the best Samsung Galaxy phones yet
Ask an Expert