We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Ozicare offers 3 home insurance policies, building only, contents only and a combined home and contents policy. Here are the key point about how Ozicare home insurance works.
We don't currently have this brand on our panel. But don't fret! You can head to the Ozicare website or compare a bunch of other home insurance companies with finder.
Ozicare Home Insurance cover options
These are the key events you'll be covered for with a home insurance policy from Ozicare:
Ozicare offers you the chance to save between 15-30% on your first year's premium, if you buy online.
Here's a breakdown of Ozicare Home Insurance features
Ozicare offers two levels of cover: Home and Contents insurance. These can either be combined or taken out as standalone cover.
Ozicare Home Insurance. This policy provides cover for your residential building, domestic fixtures and permanent structural improvements against a wide range of insured events.
Ozicare Contents Insurance. Contents Insurance from Ozicare provides cover for your household goods and personal effects, protecting you against loss or damage.
Here are some of the standard inclusions you'll get with an Ozicare Home and Contents Insurance policy:
- Up to $20 million in legal liability cover
- Covers loss or damage caused by fire, theft, vandalism, storm, impact, explosion and more
- Cover for accidental glass breakage
- New for old cover
- Temporary accommodation costs
- Cover for open-air contents, food spoilage, temporarily removed contents and contents while moving
- Landlord benefit
- Cover for guest and visitor contents
- Mortgage discharge costs
- 21-day money-back guarantee
- 15% discount when you purchase cover online
- It is caused by flood, unless you have selected this optional cover
- It is caused by high tide, king tide, tidal wave, tsunami, storm surge or any other action of the sea
- It is caused by underground water seepage or pressure
- It arises due to a design fault, structural defect or faulty workmanship that you knew about but did not fix
- It is caused by erosion, subsidence or landslide (except when caused by earthquake, explosion or storm and rainwater and occurred within 72 hours of one of those insured events)
- It is caused by rust, corrosion, rot, mould, rising damp, mildew, gradual deterioration or wear and tear
- It is caused by insects, birds, rodents or vermin
- It is caused by tree lopping or felling
How does an excess work with my Ozicare home insurance?
When you make a claim on your Ozicare Home or Contents Insurance, you’ll need to pay an excess. This is the amount you must contribute towards the cost of any claim, and an excess must be paid for each incident that causes loss or damage.
If you make a claim, the insurer will inform you whether the excess needs to be paid to a repairer or supplier, directly to the insurer, or whether it will be deducted from the benefit paid to you.
Conditons of cover for Ozicare Home Insurance
Before taking out Ozicare Home Insurance, it’s essential to check whether you meet all the conditions of cover.
- You must keep your home and contents in good condition.
- You must take all reasonable steps to prevent loss, damage or liability.
- Cover stops when your home has been unoccupied for more than 60 consecutive days. However, the insurer may provide cover while you are away for an extended period if you advise it beforehand and agree to any conditions regarding the security of your home.
- If you have advised the insurer that your home and/or contents are protected by any security devices, you must ensure that those devices are kept in good working order.
How do Ozicare Home Insurance complaints measure up against some competitors?
We looked at home insurance complaint data from the Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA) between July to December 2020. The data explores different underwriters and compares their business size to the number of complaints processed.
When comparing insurers, keep in mind that insurers with a larger market share serve more customers, so can potentially get more complaints.
Here's a quick look at how Auto & General Services Pty Ltd, who underwrite Ozicare home insurance, did:
- Auto & General Services received just 2 complaints during this period. This was fewer than most others including Chubb Insurance, who got 9.
Questions you still might have about Ozicare home insurance
More guides on Finder
How much TPD insurance should I have?
Find out what exactly TPD insurance covers and how to determine an appropriate level of cover to give adequate protection in the event of disablement.
Travel insurance ombudsman
Your guide to how the Financial Ombudsman Service can help resolve disputes between you and your travel insurer.
Cancer health insurance in Australia
Health insurance for cancer improves on what Medicare covers by giving you more control and quicker treatment.
Health insurance for sleep apnoea
Think you may have sleep apnoea? Here's what you need to know about public and private healthcare cover.
NordicTrack Commercial 1750 Treadmill review: A heavy duty fitness investment
You've got to have plenty of space and a passion for fitness to invest in the NordicTrack Commercial 1750 Treadmill. If you do, however, you get a robust machine that can make some serious improvements to your fitness.
Junk insurance: Are you due a refund? (and how to claim money back)
Class actions are currently underway against CBA, Westpac, Allianz and MTA – here's how to find out if you're eligible to claim any money back.
Health insurance for chronic pain
See how private health insurance can offer support if you suffer from chronic pain.
Occupational therapy and health insurance
Find out how both Medicare and private health insurance cover occupational therapy to get the assistance you need.
Term Life Insurance in Australia
Find out how term life insurance actually works and receive quotes for cover securely.
Ask an Expert