With energy prices rising, switch to a cheaper plan
Compare Prices Now

Ozicare Home Insurance Review

Ozicare Home Insurance comes with a market-competitive $20m in legal liability cover. Plus, discounts of up to 30% if you buy online.

No reviews yet. Write a review

We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!

Ozicare offers 3 home insurance policies, building only, contents only and a combined home and contents policy. Here are the key point about how Ozicare home insurance works.

We don't currently have this brand on our panel. But don't fret! You can head to the Ozicare website or compare a bunch of other home insurance companies with finder.
Compare home insurance fast

Ozicare Home Insurance cover options

These are the key events you'll be covered for with a home insurance policy from Ozicare:

Ozicare offers you the chance to save between 15-30% on your first year's premium, if you buy online.

Here's a breakdown of Ozicare Home Insurance features

Ozicare offers two levels of cover: Home and Contents insurance. These can either be combined or taken out as standalone cover.

Check icon

Standard features

Ozicare Home Insurance. This policy provides cover for your residential building, domestic fixtures and permanent structural improvements against a wide range of insured events.
Ozicare Contents Insurance. Contents Insurance from Ozicare provides cover for your household goods and personal effects, protecting you against loss or damage.
Here are some of the standard inclusions you'll get with an Ozicare Home and Contents Insurance policy:

  • Up to $20 million in legal liability cover
  • Covers loss or damage caused by fire, theft, vandalism, storm, impact, explosion and more
  • Cover for accidental glass breakage
  • New for old cover
  • Temporary accommodation costs
  • Cover for open-air contents, food spoilage, temporarily removed contents and contents while moving
  • Landlord benefit
  • Cover for guest and visitor contents
  • Mortgage discharge costs
  • 21-day money-back guarantee
  • 15% discount when you purchase cover online

cross icon


It's important to be aware of the general exclusions that apply to Ozicare Home and Contents Insurance. Your claim will not be paid if:
  • It is caused by flood, unless you have selected this optional cover
  • It is caused by high tide, king tide, tidal wave, tsunami, storm surge or any other action of the sea
  • It is caused by underground water seepage or pressure
  • It arises due to a design fault, structural defect or faulty workmanship that you knew about but did not fix
  • It is caused by erosion, subsidence or landslide (except when caused by earthquake, explosion or storm and rainwater and occurred within 72 hours of one of those insured events)
  • It is caused by rust, corrosion, rot, mould, rising damp, mildew, gradual deterioration or wear and tear
  • It is caused by insects, birds, rodents or vermin
  • It is caused by tree lopping or felling
Check out Ozicar's's Product Disclosure Statement (PDS), which can be found on its website, for a more complete rundown of their policy exclusions.

How does an excess work with my Ozicare home insurance?

When you make a claim on your Ozicare Home or Contents Insurance, you’ll need to pay an excess. This is the amount you must contribute towards the cost of any claim, and an excess must be paid for each incident that causes loss or damage.

If you make a claim, the insurer will inform you whether the excess needs to be paid to a repairer or supplier, directly to the insurer, or whether it will be deducted from the benefit paid to you.

Conditons of cover for Ozicare Home Insurance

Before taking out Ozicare Home Insurance, it’s essential to check whether you meet all the conditions of cover.

These include:

  • You must keep your home and contents in good condition.
  • You must take all reasonable steps to prevent loss, damage or liability.
  • Cover stops when your home has been unoccupied for more than 60 consecutive days. However, the insurer may provide cover while you are away for an extended period if you advise it beforehand and agree to any conditions regarding the security of your home.
  • If you have advised the insurer that your home and/or contents are protected by any security devices, you must ensure that those devices are kept in good working order.

How do Ozicare Home Insurance complaints measure up against some competitors?

We looked at home insurance complaint data from the Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA) between July 2020 and June 2021. The data breaks down different underwriters and compares their business size to the number of complaints processed.

When comparing insurers, keep in mind that insurers with a larger market share serve more customers, so can potentially get more complaints.

Here's an overview of how Ozicare (Auto & General Insurance Company Limited) did:

  • Auto & General received just 3 complaints during this period. This was fewer than most others including Chubb Insurance, who got 21.
    • While it didn't receive many complaints, there was still 1 complaint that had to be escalated to AFCA.

    Questions you still might have about Ozicare home insurance

More guides on Finder

Ask an Expert

You are about to post a question on finder.com.au:

  • Do not enter personal information (eg. surname, phone number, bank details) as your question will be made public
  • finder.com.au is a financial comparison and information service, not a bank or product provider
  • We cannot provide you with personal advice or recommendations
  • Your answer might already be waiting – check previous questions below to see if yours has already been asked

Finder only provides general advice and factual information, so consider your own circumstances, or seek advice before you decide to act on our content. By submitting a question, you're accepting our Terms of Use, Disclaimer & Privacy Policy and Privacy & Cookies Policy.
Go to site