Allianz Home Insurance
Does Allianz Home Insurance offer a policy that's right for you? Compare policies and review Allianz products today.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Allianz is a trusted name in insurance and Allianz Home Insurance is no different. Allianz Home Insurance provides you with cover for various situations and budgets. You can also save on Allianz Home Insurance when you buy your cover online.
We don't currently have this brand on our panel. But don't fret! You can head to the Allianz website or compare a bunch of other home insurance companies with finder.
What cover options does Allianz Home Insurance offer?
Allianz Building & Contents Insurance
Allianz’s Building and Contents Insurance provides essential protection for your building and possessions against a wide range of risks. Loss or damage caused by insured events such as fire, storms and theft is included in cover. Other features include up to $20 million of legal liability cover and optional flood cover. You've also got the option to get covered for those portable items that you take away from home, such as your phone, camera, or jewellery.
This policy provides essential cover for your building and contents against loss or damage caused by a long list of insured events. These include:
Allianz Building Insurance
This type of policy covers just your home's structure and not the things inside of it. It'll cover you against a wide range of insured events including fire, storm and theft. You can also choose to opt out of flood cover to save on your premiums.
Allianz Contents Insurance
This covers only your possessions and not the building itself. It's a good option for those who live in apartments. You'll be covered for your standard fire, storm, theft, plus more. If you need extra cover, you can opt in for accidental damage and portable contents cover.
Allianz Landlord Insurance
If you want to cover your investment property, Allianz could have the policy that you're after. Allianz Landlord Insurance covers you for rental loss, $10 million legal liability, and damage for fire, storms, water damage, plus more.
How do the policies compare?
|You are protected against damage and loss caused by||Allianz Home Insurance Building and Contents cover||Allianz Home Insurance Building cover||Allianz Home Insurance Contents cover|
|Fire or smoke|
|Theft or burglary|
|Storm, cyclone, lightning, rainwater or runoff and water from leaking pipes|
|Accidental breakage of glass or ceramic items|
|Vandalism or malicious damage|
|Alternative Accommodation for you and your pets|
|Legal liability cover|
|Replacement of locks and cylinders|
|Outdoor contents (like BBQs)|
|Security firm attendance|
|Modifications to buildings for paraplegia & quadriplegia|
|Spoilage of perishable food due to natural disaster|
|Accidental loss or damage|
|Portable Contents (personal effects)|
In what kind of situation are excluded from cover
As you would expect, a list of general exclusions applies to Allianz Home Insurance policies. Your claim will not be paid if:
- It is caused by a deliberate, intentional, malicious or criminal act by you, your guests, or anyone acting with your consent
- It is caused by lawful confiscation, repossession or destruction of anything
- It is caused by any act of war or terrorism
- It is a result of wear and tear, depreciation, gradual deterioration, mould, mildew etc
- It relates to contents which are acquired or held illegally
- It is caused by inherent defects, structural faults or faulty design or workmanship
- It is for loss or damage caused by atmospheric or climatic conditions
- It is for loss or damage caused by insects, birds or vermin
- It is caused by mechanical or electrical breakdown
- It is caused by loss or damage to electronic data
- It is for consequential loss of any kind.
How much is this going to cost me?
There are a number of factors that can affect the cost of your Allianz Home Insurance premium, including:
- Your sum insured. The greater the amount you wish to insure your home or contents for, the more you can expect to pay for cover.
- The level of cover you choose. A Gold policy offers much more features and broader cover than a basic Allianz SureCover Home Insurance policy, and this is reflected in its price.
- Where your home is located. Certain risks, for example storm and theft, are more prevalent in certain regions, so this could influence the cost of your cover.
- Your home. The age of your home and the materials from which it is constructed can influence its ability to withstand damage.
- Security. Security measures such as alarm systems and deadbolts can act as a deterrent to thieves and therefore reduce the cost of cover.
- Your insurance history. Allianz Home Insurance will also consider your previous claims record before deciding whether or not to offer you cover.
Got any tips for cutting costs?
- No claim bonus. You can take advantage of a no claim bonus for every year you don’t make a claim on your Allianz Home Insurance policy. This entitles you to a maximum discount of 30%.
- Combine cover. Getting a new policy online that combines building and contents cover together in one policy will allow you to receive up to a 10% discount.
- Increase your excess. You’ll be able to pay lower premiums as a result.
- Insure accurately. Estimate the value of your contents properly so that you don’t end up over-paying for cover.
- Pay annually. It costs more to pay your premium in monthly installments than to pay an annual lump sum.
How do I make a claim?
If an incident occurs which may lead to a claim, do not admit any liability but do take all reasonable steps to prevent any further loss or damage. Also, if theft or vandalism has occurred, report the matter to the police immediately.
The next step is to contact Allianz Home Insurance as soon as possible to notify them of what has happened. You can do this by calling 13 10 13 or by completing an online claim form. It’s also worth remembering to obtain and keep any evidence of the loss or damage, as Allianz Home Insurance may request this information in order to help them process your claim.
How does excess affect Allianz Home Insurance?
When you make a claim on your Allianz Home Insurance policy, you may have to make a contribution towards the cost of that claim by paying an excess. Depending on the type of cover you have, there are several excesses that may apply to your policy. For example, in addition to the basic excess payable on all claims, a $250 excess applies to earthquake claims.
All of the excesses that apply to your policy are listed on your certificate of insurance.
Still have questions about Allianz Home Insurance?
More guides on Finder
Finder Daily Deals: The 5 best online deals in Australia today
Today's best Finder Daily deals include: 35% off Dungeons & Dragons, 50% off New Balance shoes, Cheap Echo Show 5 smart home hubs.
Home office insurance
We talk you through how to get home office insurance.
Power outage? Food spoilage insurance
How home insurance can cover you for food spoilage and save you hundreds on wasted food.
Does home insurance cover hearing aids?
Want hearing aid insurance? Home insurance is the answer.
What are covered events in home insurance?
All home insurance policies have a common list of covered events. These insured events include things like fire, storm and theft.
Get quotes and compare your mobile storage options across Australia.
What is insurance fraud, and how does it affect my home insurance?
Curious to know what happens if you commit insurance fraud on a home insurance claim? Here's what we know, and why you probably shouldn't do it.
Fixtures and fittings: Why they matter in home insurance
Knowing the difference between fixtures and fittings can help you decide which home insurance policy is right for you.
BMW X7 car insurance
Thinking about buying a BMW X7? See average car insurance costs and find out about prestige car insurance
What is malicious damage?
Protect your home from the costs of malicious damage with home insurance. Compare policies in just minutes and get peace of mind.
Ask an Expert