Does Allianz Home Insurance offer a policy that's right for you? Compare policies and review Allianz products today
Allianz is a trusted name in insurance and Allianz Home Insurance is no different. Allianz Home Insurance provides you with cover for various situations and budgets. You can save up to 40% on Allianz Home Insurance when you buy your cover online. Allianz Home Insurance provides cover includes:
- Easy claims process
- Cover for cameras and jewellery that are temporarily out of your home
- Guarantee on repairs
- $5,000 maximum cover for damage to guests property
Allianz Home Insurance cover options
Allianz SureCover Home Insurance
Allianz’s SureCover Home Insurance provides essential protection for your building and/or contents against a wide range of risks. Loss or damage caused by insured events such as fire, storms and theft is included in cover, as is new for old replacement for your building and/or contents. Other features include up to $10 million of legal liability cover and optional flood cover.
This entry-level policy provides essential cover for your building and contents against loss or damage caused by a long list of insured events. These include:
- Accidental breakage
- Fire or smoke
- Impact damage
- Lightning or thunderbolt
- Malicious acts
- Riot or civil commotion
- Rainwater or run-off
- Water or other liquid damage
- Cost of temporary accommodation
- Automatic indexation of sums insured
- Compensation for death
- Cover for the loss or theft of credit cards
- $10 million of legal liability protection.
Allianz SureCover Plus Home Insurance
Just like the entry-level SureCover policy, this option covers you against a wide range of insured events including fire, storm and theft. However, it also offers extra benefits, such as fusion cover for electrical motors and landscaping costs, and added flexibility to help you tailor cover to suit your needs. $20 million of legal liability cover is also included.
Offering a higher level of cover than the above policy, SureCover Plus Home Insurance provides a greater range of benefits and higher limits and include additional benefits for:
- Fusion cover for electrical motors is included as standard
- Legal liability protection of $20 million
- Landscaping costs
- Landlord’s contents
- Optional cover for personal items you take away from home
- Optional flood cover.
Allianz SureCover Gold Home Insurance
This is Allianz Home Insurance highest level of home and contents insurance cover. On top of the features provided by a SureCover Plus policy, it includes cover for accidental loss or damage to your building or contents. Other benefits include up to $20 million of legal liability cover, cover for your contents while they are in transit, cover for electrical motor fusion and cover for your legal defence costs.
This the top Allianz Home Insurance policy. In addition to cover for loss or damage caused by everything from fire and storm to theft and vandalism, the policy also covers accidental loss or damage to your building and contents.
- Cover for contents in transit
- $20 million of legal liability.
Allianz Optional Extras
Allianz Home Insurance offers an additional cover option in the form of Personal Effects Cover. While contents insurance protects your possessions while they are at home, Personal Effects Cover protects the items you regularly take with you away from home against accidental loss or damage. This means items like mobile phones, cameras, tablets, watches and jewellery are all covered anywhere in Australia.
Personal Effects Cover is available for an extra cost with your Allianz Home Insurance policy. While contents cover is designed to protect your contents at home against events like fire and theft, Personal Effects Cover is designed for portable items like mobile phones, tablets, jewellery and cameras. These items are covered outside the home anywhere in Australia and New Zealand, as well as anywhere in the world for up to 35 days in each period of insurance.
|Benefits||SureCover Home Insurance||SureCover Plus Home Insurance||SureCover Gold Home Insurance|
|Accidental loss or damage|
|Additional cost of temporary accommodation|
|Automatic indexation of sum insured|
|Compensation for death|
|Contents in safe deposit box at a bank|
|Contents in the open air at your risk address|
|Cover for Events such as Fire, Storm, Theft and Earthquake*|
|Credit cards - cover for loss or theft|
|Fusion of electric motors|
|Guests on the property|
|Legal defence costs|
|Legal liability cover|
|Replacement of locks and cylinders|
|Security firm attendance|
|Spoilage of perishable food|
|Temporary removal of contents from your risk address|
|Transit to your new place of residence|
In what kind of situation are excluded from cover
As you would expect, a list of general exclusions applies to Allianz Home Insurance policies. Your claim will not be paid if:
- It is caused by a deliberate, intentional, malicious or criminal act by you, your guests, or anyone acting with your consent
- It is caused by lawful confiscation, repossession or destruction of anything
- It is caused by any act of war or terrorism
- It is a result of wear and tear, depreciation, gradual deterioration, mould, mildew etc
- It relates to contents which are acquired or held illegally
- It is caused by inherent defects, structural faults or faulty design or workmanship
- It is for loss or damage caused by atmospheric or climatic conditions
- It is for loss or damage caused by insects, birds or vermin
- It is caused by mechanical or electrical breakdown
- It is caused by loss or damage to electronic data
- It is for consequential loss of any kind.
How much is this going to cost me?
There are a number of factors that can affect the cost of your Allianz Home Insurance premium, including:
- Your sum insured. The greater the amount you wish to insure your home or contents for, the more you can expect to pay for cover.
- The level of cover you choose. A Gold policy offers much more features and broader cover than a basic Allianz SureCover Home Insurance policy, and this is reflected in its price.
- Where your home is located. Certain risks, for example storm and theft, are more prevalent in certain regions, so this could influence the cost of your cover.
- Your home. The age of your home and the materials from which it is constructed can influence its ability to withstand damage.
- Security. Security measures such as alarm systems and deadbolts can act as a deterrent to thieves and therefore reduce the cost of cover.
- Your insurance history. Allianz Home Insurance will also consider your previous claims record before deciding whether or not to offer you cover.
Got any tips for cutting costs?
- No claim bonus. You can take advantage of a no claim bonus for every year you don’t make a claim on your Allianz Home Insurance policy. This entitles you to a maximum discount of 30%.
- Combine cover. Combining building and contents cover together in one policy will allow you to receive a 10% discount.
- Buy online. Purchase an Allianz Home Insurance SureCover policy online and receive a 10% discount.
- Security system discount. Installing an approved security system may entitle you to a premium discount.
- Increase your excess. You’ll be able to pay lower premiums as a result.
- Insure accurately. Estimate the value of your contents properly so that you don’t end up over-paying for cover.
- Pay annually. It costs more to pay your premium in monthly instalments than to pay an annual lump sum.
How do I make a claim?
If an incident occurs which may lead to a claim, do not admit any liability but do take all reasonable steps to prevent any further loss or damage. Also, if theft or vandalism has occurred, report the matter to the police immediately.
The next step is to contact Allianz Home Insurance as soon as possible to notify them of what has happened. You can do this verbally (i.e., over the phone) or by completing a claim form. It’s also worth remembering to obtain and keep any evidence of the loss or damage, as Allianz Home Insurance may request this information in order to help them process your claim.
How does excess affect Allianz Home Insurance?
When you make a claim on your Allianz Home Insurance policy, you may have to make a contribution towards the cost of that claim by paying an excess. Depending on the type of cover you have, there are several excesses that may apply to your policy. For example, in addition to the basic excess payable on all claims, a $200 excess applies to earthquake claims.
All of the excesses that apply to your policy are listed on your certificate of insurance.
Still have questions about Allianz Home Insurance?
I’ve just altered the security arrangements on my property - should I let my insurer know?
Absolutely, as this could change the conditions of your home insurance policy. In fact, there’s a good chance it may even save you money on your premiums.
How do I know how much cover I need?
The best thing you can do is take the time to assess exactly how much it would cost you to rebuild your home if it was completely destroyed, including things like demolition costs and architects’ fees. In addition, wander through each room of your house and determine how much it would cost you to replace all your possessions. This will help prevent under-insurance.
I’m going to start using my home for business purposes - do I need to let my insurer know?
Yes, this may affect the terms of your policy so you need to inform your insurance provider immediately.
Do I have flood cover?
Allianz offers optional flood cover for eligible properties in New South Wales and the ACT. Contact Allianz Home Insurance to find out whether you are eligible for this cover.
I'm moving in with a group of mate into an apartment, can I get cover?
Yes, Allianz Home Insurance will cover you and your mate . However, all occupants need to be listed on the policy and the policy will only cover a maximum of three unrelated people.
I'm making changes to my property, do I need to notify Allianz Home Insurance
Prior to undertaking any renovation, it would be advisable to notify Allianz Home Insurance to find out if it affects your terms and conditions.
Compare home insurance products securely online
Allianz is a respected name in the insurance industry and it offers a competitive array of home and contents insurance policies. Compare Allianz Home Insurance offerings with other products on the market to help determine which policy meets your needs.