Whether you're looking for basic or comprehensive cover to insure your assets, consider Bupa's home insurance options.
Bupa offers multiple levels of cover to protect your property and valuables - from a comprehensive home and contents policy to more basic home only and contents only plans. Find out more about each policy and see if one could be the right fit for you.
Bupa Fundamentals Home Insurance
Fundamentals Home Insurance from Bupa is a budget-friendly option designed to cover you against a range of essential risks. It covers your home and contents against fire, burglary, storm, accidental breakage and water damage, and includes new-for-old replacement of contents, alternative accommodation costs and valuable items cover up to $2,000. $20 million of legal liability cover is also included.
Bupa Landlords Insurance
Bupa Landlords Insurance provides a range of benefits to help you protect your investment property. It protects your building and contents against accidental damage, electric motor burnout, fire, tenant damage, storm, flood and theft. Debris removal and mortgage discharge costs are covered, while you can also add optional liability cover, loss of rent cover and theft by tenant cover.
Bupa Accidental Damage Home Insurance
Bupa’s Accidental Damage Home Insurance policy provides comprehensive cover for your home and contents. It provides protection against fire, explosion, storm, flood, theft and water damage, plus it also covers your belongings for accidental loss and damage anywhere in Australia. Other benefits include alternative accommodation expenses, cover for permanent fixtures, valuable items cover and $20 million liability cover.
Bupa Listed Events Home Insurance
Listed Events Home Insurance from Bupa offers comprehensive cover for your home and contents against a wide range of listed events, including fire, storm, theft, water damage and more. Other benefits include new-for-old contents replacement, up to $5,000 valuable items cover, alternative accommodation expenses and $20 million liability cover.
What does each policy level cover?
|Bupa Fundamentals||Bupa Landlords||Bupa Accidental Damage||Bupa Listed Events|
|Covers your home and contents against accidental breakage, burglary, break-in, earthquake, tsunami, fire, explosion, impact damage, landslide, lightning, riot, storm, flood, rainwater, wind, vandalism, water damage and more||Covers your home and contents against accidental damage, electric motor burnout, fire, explosion, landslide, tenant damage, storm, flood, rainwater, wind, theft, water damage and more||Covers your home and contents against fire, explosion, electric motor burnout, landslide, storm, flood, rainwater, wind, theft, water damage and more||Covers accidental breakage, burglary, break-in, electric motor burnout, earthquake, fire, explosion, impact damage, landslide, riot, storm, flood, rainwater, wind, theft, vandalism, water damage and more|
|Alternative accommodation costs||Optional liability cover||Australia-wide cover for contents against accidental loss and damage||Alternative accommodation and debris removal costs|
|Removal of debris and demolition costs||Optional loss of rent cover||Covers alternative accommodation expenses||Valuable items cover|
|Replacement locks and keys||Optional theft by tenant cover||Valuable items cover||New-for-old contents replacement|
|Open-air contents cover||24/7 national claims service||New-for-old contents replacement||$20 million legal liability cover|
|New-for-old contents replacement||$20 million legal liability cover||24/7 national claims service|
|$20 million legal liability cover||24/7 national claims service|
|24/7 national claims service|
What isn't covered?
Your Bupa home insurance claim will not be paid if:
- It results due to settling, shrinkage or earth movement
- It is caused by erosion, rust, depreciation or wear and tear
- It is caused by rats, mice or insects
- It is caused by roots from trees or plants
- It is caused by structural defects or faulty workmanship or design
- It is for malicious damage, vandalism, theft or a deliberate or intentional act by a tenant (except if you have Landlords Insurance)
- It is for mechanical or electrical breakdown (except electric motor burnout)
- It arises due to water entering your building through an opening made for building, renovation or repair work
- It is for liability arising due to an injury to any member of your family or anyone who normally lives with you
- It is for liability arising from any alterations, renovations or additions to your buildings that cost more than $75,000
- It arises due to the lawful destruction or confiscation of your property
- It is caused by mildew, atmospheric or climatic conditions
- It arises due to a deliberate or intentional act by you, or anyone acting for you
- It is caused by storm surge
How much excess do I need to pay?
The excess is the amount you need to pay when you make a claim on your policy. The excess amount payable is shown on your policy schedule.
When you apply for a Bupa home insurance policy, you will most likely be given the option to select the amount of excess you would like to pay when you make a claim. The higher the excess you choose, the lower your premium.
Who is eligible for Bupa home insurance?
Bupa’s home insurance policies are available to all Australian homeowners. There are no other specific eligibility criteria you need to satisfy in order to take out a policy.
How can I make a claim?
If you need to make a claim on your Bupa home insurance policy, you can phone the insurer’s national claims service 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. A dedicated claims specialist will be able to offer immediate advice and assistance as well as guide you through the claims process.
You can also follow a few simple steps to ensure that the claims process runs as smoothly as possible:
- Gather the contact details of anyone else in the incident.
- Forward any letters, notices or court documents about the incident to the insurer within 72 hours of receiving them.
- Report any theft, vandalism or malicious act to the police immediately and obtain an incident report number.
- Contact the insurer as soon as possible after the incident to make your claim.
- Provide any information needed to assess your claim, such as proof of ownership or repair quotes.
Frequently Asked Questions about Bupa
Am I able to choose building-only cover or contents-only cover?
Yes, you have the freedom to choose cover for your home only, your contents only, or for your home and contents.
Is flood cover included?
Yes, flood cover is automatically included on all of Bupa’s home and contents insurance policies.
Who is the insurer of Bupa home and contents insurance policies?
Bupa’s home insurance policies are issued by CGU Insurance Limited.
How long is the cooling-off period?
A 21-day cooling-off period applies to cover. This means you can cancel your policy within the first 21 days of purchasing cover and receive a full refund.
Do I need to pay my premium in a lump sum?
No, you also have the option to pay your premium in instalments if you wish.
Can I choose my excess amount?
Yes, you have the option to choose a higher excess so you can access a lower premium.