Compare Suncorp Home Insurance features and find out if this is the right policy for you
Suncorp Home Insurance offers a variety of home insurance policies to provide peace of mind to Australian homeowners. You can choose from Home & Contents Insurance, Building Insurance and Contents Only Insurance.
With the right cover in place, you’ll be protected when fire, storm, theft and a wide range of other risks cause loss or damage to your most important assets. With this in mind, it makes excellent financial sense to invest in Suncorp Home Insurance cover for your home and contents.
Suncorp Home Insurance Cover Options
Suncorp Home & Contents Insurance
This Suncorp policy provides a high level of cover for loss or damage caused by a range of events, including fire, storm, lightning, flood, explosion, accidental breakage of glass and much more. You can also choose from three separate levels of cover - Classic, Extras and Advantages - to create a policy that matches your needs and budget. Up to $20 million of legal liability cover is also included.
This Suncorp Home Insurance policy offers comprehensive cover for your home and your possessions. It protects you against loss or damage caused by:
You can also choose from three separate levels of cover:
- Classic provides lower flexible limits for high-value items
- Extras includes higher flexible limits and 25% extra cover if required
- Advantages offers the highest flexible limits and a 30% safety net
- Up to $20 million of legal liability cover is also included.
Suncorp Building Insurance
As the name suggests, this policy Suncorp Home Insurance offers cover for your home building against several common risks. These include fire, storm, lightning, flood, explosion, accidental breakage of glass and many more, while three levels of cover are again available to suit the differing requirements of Australian homeowners. A lifetime guarantee on authorised home repairs is included in your policy. Up to $20 million of legal liability cover is also included.
Suncorp Building Insurance offers crucial financial protection when your home is damaged or destroyed:
Classic cover provides cover for flood and most types of water damage, as well as a lifetime guarantee on authorised home repairs. An Extras policy covers accidental damage and offers a 25% safety net for expensive repairs, while an Advantages policy ups the safety net amount to 30%. Up to $20 million of legal liability cover is also included.
Suncorp Contents Only Insurance
Offering cover for your contents against fire, storm, lightning, explosion, theft, vandalism and many more risks, Suncorp Contents Only Insurance provides financial protection for your treasured possessions. Up to $20 million of legal liability cover is also included, while Suncorp also offers new for old replacement and a 24/7 claims service.
Suncorp Home Insurance covers your contents for loss and damage caused by:
Once again there are three levels of cover available, each offering different fixed and flexible limits of cover for your household items. $20 million of legal liability cover is included as well.
|Actions of the sea||No|
|Built in dishwasher covered by contents cover||No|
|Can customers choose to opt out of flood cover||No|
|Contents in open air covered||Yes|
|Cover for accidental breakage of glass and ceramics||Yes|
|Cover for contents in transit while moving||Yes|
|Cover for domestic workers compensation||No|
|Cover for pets||Optional (extra fee)|
|Cover for shared household||Yes|
|Cover for specified portable items away from home||Optional (extra fee)|
|Cover for unspecified portable items away from home||Optional (extra fee)|
|Cover if thief entered with owners consent||No|
|Cover only the damaged area||No|
|Cover to match the next room||No|
|Cover whole room for damage to carpet tiles etc||Yes|
|Damage by animals||Yes|
|Days cover for both addresses while moving||$14|
|Extra costs to comply with building regulations||Yes|
|Flash flooding stormwater rainfall run off||Yes|
|Flood as per the standard definition||Yes|
|Funeral expenses if someone dies because of a covered event||Yes|
|Funeral expenses limit||$5,000|
|Fusion or motor burnout covered||Optional (extra fee)|
|Gates and fences covered for storm damage||Yes|
|Jewellery per item limit||$1,000|
|Jewellery total limit||$4,000|
|Landslide caused by a storm||Yes|
|Landslide caused by an earthquake||Yes|
|Legal liability millions||$20|
|Lightning incl power surge||Yes|
|Limit for cash||$300|
|Limit for replacing keys and locks||500|
|Limit for visitors contents||$500|
|Liquid escaping such as from a burst pipe||No|
|Materials to match undamaged parts of home||Yes|
|New for old cover||Yes|
|Storm surge caused by seawater simultaneous to a flood||No|
|Theft of contents||Yes|
|Tools of trade per item limit||$1,000|
|Tools of trade total limit||$1,000|
|Total replacement cover for home||No|
|Under insurance protection||Optional (extra fee)|
|Under insurance protection limit||25% of Sum Insured|
|Vandalism riots and malicious acts||Yes|
|Visitors contents covered||Yes|
|Water or liquid damage from pipes tanks pools etc||Yes|
|Wind and other storm damage||Yes|
What general exclusions do I need to know about?
As you would expect, there are a range of circumstances under which Suncorp Home Insurance will not pay your insurance claim. These include:Back to top
How are the premiums worked out?
The following factors affect the cost of your Suncorp Home Insurance premium:
- Your sum insured. The higher your sum insured is, the more you can expect to pay for cover.
- The policy you choose. Choosing a Classic policy will obviously cost you less than if you choose a high-level Advantages policy.
- Where you live. Some parts of the country are known for their high crime rate, while others are considered to be more prone to damaging storms.
- Your home. The age of your home, its size and even the materials it is constructed from can all influence the cost of cover.
- Your contents. If you need Suncorp Home Insurance cover for a selection of high-value items, expect your insurance policy to cost more.
- Security systems. Having a security system installed at home can reduce the risk of theft or burglary and therefore reduce your premiums.
Suncorp Home Insurance Excess
Whenever you make a claim on your Suncorp Home Insurance policy you will need to pay an excess. In some cases, you may need to pay more than one excess, though the excesses that apply to your cover will be shown on your certificate of insurance. Your excess will either be deducted from the amount that Suncorp pays you for your claim or you will have to pay it directly to a repairer or supplier.Back to top
How can I pay less for my Suncorp Home Insurance
- Multi-policy discount. Combine three or more eligible Suncorp Home Insurance products and you could receive a 15 per cent discount on the cost of cover.
- Online discount. Buying home and contents cover online entitles you to a $100 saving on your premium.
- Seniors discount. Queensland seniors card holders can also take advantage of a big discount.
- Flexible excess. If you choose a higher excess - there are a range of options available - you can enjoy a lower premium.
- Secure your home. If your home has an alarm system in place to deter burglars, it will be cheaper for you to take out home and contents cover.
How do I make a claim with Suncorp
Suncorp Home Insurance aims to make its claims process as easy and straightforward as possible. Claims can be lodged online or by phoning Suncorp Home Insurance claims department 24 hours a day, any day of the year. Once your claim has been approved, Suncorp can arrange the prompt repair or replacement of your home or contents.
When you make a claim, Suncorp Home Insurance will ask you to provide proof of purchase or evidence of value, such as a receipt or user manual. You’ll also need to provide a full description of every item for which you are making a claim.Back to top
Suncorp home insurance FAQs
Q. What type of policy covers the carpet in my home?
- A. Coverage for carpets is included in the contents section of an Suncorp home insurance policy, not the building cover section.
Q. What does my policy mean when it says it offers new for old replacement?
- A. This means that if your home is damaged beyond repair, or if your belongings are stolen or damaged beyond repair, Suncorp will rebuild or replace on a new for old basis. It doesn’t even matter how old your home or your possessions may be.
Q. How much legal liability cover is included in a Suncorp Home and Contents Insurance policy?
- A. $20 million of cover is included in this policy to protect you when you are legally liable to pay compensation for causing someone else’s death or injury, or for causing damage to someone else’s property.
Q. How can I pay my premium?
- A. Suncorp offers multiple premium payment options, including online, over the phone, BPAY, by the month, or in person at a Suncorp branch.
Compare home insurance policies today
Suncorp’s home insurance policies offer a range of attractive options for Australian homeowners, but you’ll need to compare a range of policies before choosing just one to suit your needs. This will ensure that you end up with a policy that satisfies all your insurance requirements.