1300 Home Insurance Review

Get a quote online and save money when you combine cover with 1300 Home Insurance.

No reviews yet. Write a review

We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!

1300 Insurance provides a wide range of insurance products for Australians. For home insurance, the company provides three home insurance products: home, contents and a combined home and contents policy. If you already use 1300 for your car insurance, you can get a 10% discount if you buy a separate home or contents insurance policy.

We don't currently have this brand on our panel. But don't fret! You can head to the 1300 website or compare a bunch of other home insurance companies with finder.
Compare home insurance fast

Cover options with 1300 Insurance

Home Insurance

Home insurance from 1300 Insurance provides cover for the cost of repairing or rebuilding your home. Insured events include a range of incidents from broken windows and burst pipes to fire, explosion, theft, vandalism, storm and more. Cover includes demolition and debris removal costs, temporary accommodation costs and $20 million of legal liability protection.

Contents Insurance

1300 Insurance contents insurance is designed to provide cover for loss or damage to your possessions resulting from fire, theft, storm, vandalism, escape of liquid and more. This includes cover for debris removal, temporary accommodation costs, replacement of locks and keys and open-air contents. $20 million of legal liability cover is also provided.

Home & Contents Insurance

You also have the option to combine the two policies above into one Home & Contents policy to provide comprehensive cover for your home and belongings. This is designed to provide complete peace of mind against the unexpected, while you can also save 10% if you buy combined Home & Contents cover online.

Levels of home insurance cover with 1300 Insurance

Home Insurance

  • Covers your home against loss or damage caused by fire, explosion, theft or attempted theft, malicious damage, vandalism, accidental glass breakage, storm and rainwater, lightning, earthquake and escape of liquid
  • Covers removal of debris and temporary accommodation costs
  • Landlord benefit available
  • Flexible premium payment options
  • 21-day money-back guarantee

Contents Insurance

  • Covers your contents against loss or damage as a result of fire, explosion, theft or attempted theft, malicious damage, vandalism, accidental glass breakage, storm and rainwater, lightning, earthquake and escape of liquid
  • Covers replacement of locks and keys
  • Cover for open-air contents, temporarily removed contents and contents in transit
  • Cover for guests’ and visitors’ contents
  • Flexible premium payment options
  • 21-day money-back guarantee

Home & Contents Insurance

  • All the benefits of Home Insurance and Contents Insurance
  • Save 10% if you buy online
  • Optional extras include cover for personal effects, accidental damage and motor burnout
  • Flexible premium payment options
  • 21-day money-back guarantee

cross icon


Your 1300 Insurance home insurance claim will not be paid if:

  • It is caused by an action of the sea, high water or underground water
  • It occurs due to the presence of asbestos
  • It arises due to any criminal or illegal act by you
  • It occurs because you, or someone acting with your knowledge or permission, was using part of your home for criminal or unlawful purposes
  • You fail to comply with any Commonwealth, state, territory or local government laws and regulations, such as those surrounding the use of smoke alarms, pool fencing and dangerous goods
  • It is for loss or damage to any part of the home that is specifically used for any business, trade or profession (however, home offices are covered)
  • It is for consequential loss of any kind
  • It arises due to structural defects, faulty workmanship or a lack of proper maintenance
  • You fail to take reasonable care of your home and/or contents
  • It is caused by erosion, vibration, subsidence, landslip, landslide or any other earth movement (except that which occurs within 72 hours of and as a direct result of earthquake, explosion or storm and rainwater)
  • It is for gradual deterioration such as rust, corrosion, rot, mould or wear and tear
  • It is due to an intentional act by you, your family or someone acting with the consent of you or your family
  • It is for a loss of electronic files or data
  • It results due to a mechanical or electrical breakdown
  • It results due to the lawful repossession of your home or contents
  • It is caused by tree lopping or felling on the site
  • It results due to a flood, bushfire or storm within the first 72 hours of cover
  • Your home is left unoccupied for a period of more than 60 consecutive days.

1300 Insurance home insurance excess

When you make a claim on your 1300 Insurance policy you will be required to pay an excess. This is the first amount you must contribute toward the cost of any claim, and an excess is payable for each incident that results in loss or damage.

When you make a claim, you will be informed whether you need to pay the excess to a repairer or supplier, straight to the insurer, or whether the excess will be deducted from the claim amount paid to you.

Who is eligible for 1300 Insurance home insurance?

1300 Insurance home insurance policies are available to all Australian homeowners. However, you should always compare a range of cover options before deciding on the right policy for your needs.

Making a claim

If your home or contents are lost or damaged, the first thing you need to do is to take all reasonable steps to prevent further loss or damage from occurring. Incidents of theft or malicious damage should be reported to the police immediately, while you should also notify the insurer of your claim as soon as possible.

When you make a claim you will need to provide:

  • Your policy number and contact details
  • Full details of what has happened
  • A police report number (if applicable)
  • Evidence of the value and ownership of any damaged or lost property or goods

You will also need to give the insurer the opportunity to inspect the damaged goods or property before repairing or disposing of them.

If you have completed the above steps you can lodge your claim online or call 1300 467 872 to speak directly with a claims consultant.

How do 1300 Home Insurance complaints measure up against some competitors?

We looked at home insurance complaint data from the Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA) between July to December 2020. The data explores different underwriters and compares their business size to the number of complaints processed.

When comparing insurers, keep in mind that insurers with a larger market share serve more customers, so can potentially get more complaints.

Here's a brief summary of how 1300 Home Insurance's underwriter, Allianz, did:

  • Allianz received 140 complaints during this time period. This is less than half of QBE insurance, who clocked up 290. That said, Allianz resolved 26.43% of claims directly with complaintants, which is lower than some of its competition.

Frequently asked questions about 1300 home insurance

More guides on Finder

Ask an Expert

You are about to post a question on finder.com.au:

  • Do not enter personal information (eg. surname, phone number, bank details) as your question will be made public
  • finder.com.au is a financial comparison and information service, not a bank or product provider
  • We cannot provide you with personal advice or recommendations
  • Your answer might already be waiting – check previous questions below to see if yours has already been asked

Finder only provides general advice and factual information, so consider your own circumstances, or seek advice before you decide to act on our content. By submitting a question, you're accepting our Terms of Use, Disclaimer & Privacy Policy and Privacy & Cookies Policy.
Go to site